Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Mar 11, 2022 at 9:36 AM Post #1,201 of 5,543
I use Roon on/with my Fiio M17 (Android (10)) and, well, i dont know what it means but it reads it uses RAAT so there is that, if it doesnt sound good on the N8ii Qobuz, Tidal or whatever is on the SD card will have to do... Still not buying the Liric, that is going quite well. Now hopefully next week the Cayin will arrive, untill then its Dire Straits on the N3Pro.

Mar 11, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #1,202 of 5,543
I use Roon on/with my Fiio M17 (Android (10)) and, well, i dont know what it means but it reads it uses RAAT so there is that, if it doesnt sound good on the N8ii Qobuz, Tidal or whatever is on the SD card will have to do... Still not buying the Liric, that is going quite well. Now hopefully next week the Cayin will arrive, untill then its Dire Straits on the N3Pro.

Interesting, when you collect your N8ii, give it a try and see if N8ii will be operated under the same classification.

By the way, Dire Straits on N8ii is like this, HiGh Gain, Class AB, Solid State P+, Vol. 64. :wink:

1647013279029.png

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 11, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #1,203 of 5,543
Interesting, when you collect your N8ii, give it a try and see if N8ii will be operated under the same classification.

By the way, Dire Straits on N8ii is like this, HiGh Gain, Class AB, Solid State P+, Vol. 64. :wink:

Of course, but im sure other folk will be able to report sooner than me...

oh, and, you lirical c*ck! (Gotta stay strong, The Man's Too Strong)

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #1,204 of 5,543
I posted this photo to Meze Elite thread yesterday, a snap shot before I left my computer desk heading for lunch. For your information, the N8ii handles the Elite suprisingly well on handling as well as synergy. If you are planning to pair Liric with N8ii, you don't have to worry about performance, it'll work out fine.

Now you say you are going to buy a Liric, aren't you? :wink:

11714973.jpg
Andy. Seeing the phone stand you have the N8II in reminds me that I asked Cayin a while ago if the couldn't make a cradle for their DAPs.

Me personally, I'd love to have one for the N8II to use at home! That would be a very useful accessory. (Had that with my Fiio X7 way back)

Mar 11, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #1,205 of 5,543
I echo this and would love any DAP stand recommendations for the N8ii, if anyone has any.

Mar 11, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #1,206 of 5,543
Andy. Seeing the phone stand you have the N8II in reminds me that I asked Cayin a while ago if the couldn't make a cradle for their DAPs.

Me personally, I'd love to have one for the N8II to use at home! That would be a very useful accessory. (Had that with my Fiio X7 way back)

Something like this? I bought dozen of this from Taobao for show display, cost me less than$10 each. These are Magnetic desktop/car phone stand, I need to apply an adhesive metal sticker to the back of the DAP. Maybe you can find something like this from Aliexpress.

1647018743289.png

Last edited:

Mar 11, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #1,208 of 5,543
Something like this? I bought dozen of this from Taobao for show display, cost me less than$10 each. These are Magnetic Car Mount Phone Holder, I need to apply an adhesive metal sticker to the back of the DAP. Maybe you can find something like this from Aliexpress.

1647018743289.png
More like the FiiO M17 kind, I guess

I think FiiO do sell this as an accessory
B7F3F54C-D4B2-47C1-B162-C30561765B07.jpeg

Mar 11, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #1,209 of 5,543
More like the FiiO M17 kind, I guess

I think FiiO do sell this as an accessory
B7F3F54C-D4B2-47C1-B162-C30561765B07.jpeg
I like that DAP stand. Does it have holes in the bottom for the cables?

Mar 11, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #1,211 of 5,543
Something like this? I bought dozen of this from Taobao for show display, cost me less than$10 each. These are Magnetic desktop/car phone stand, I need to apply an adhesive metal sticker to the back of the DAP. Maybe you can find something like this from Aliexpress.

I prefer magnetic stand because I can tilt the screen to different angle, and I have lots of space to plug in my cables from below. I needed this flexibility when I plan for show demo because I always need to charge the DAP in the middle of the show. When you host a show, you need to set the screen to always on and it drain battery very quickly.

Check HERE, HERE and HERE, the last one double as wireless charger for your mobile phone.

Mar 11, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #1,212 of 5,543
I prefer magnetic stand because I can tilt the screen to different angle, and I have lots of space to plug in my cables from below. I needed this flexibility when I plan for show demo because I always need to charge the DAP in the middle of the show. When you host a show, you need to set the screen to always on and it drain battery very quickly.

Check HERE, HERE and HERE, the last one double as wireless charger for your mobile phone.
Are Magnetisms and EMI an arch enemy of audiophiles equipments ? Next up would be noises and anything that physically vibrate ?

At a show , it should be ok though

Mar 11, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #1,213 of 5,543

1647018743289.png
Something nicer made by Cayin 😉😅 Something more like a charging cradle.

1647020699351.png

1647020732495.png

Mar 11, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #1,214 of 5,543
Honestly, I don’t like the idea of charging cradle. Doesn’t matter how good it is, it puts a lot of strains on the sockets. These sockets tolerances are very little compared to the angle and the weight that it could stand.

My wife uses a charging cradle for her IPhone, and in less than 5 months, the iPhone socket is so loose that it charge and stop charging randomly. I can tell that it physically isn’t as tight as my IPhone.

So, in a long run, a regular stand that allow cables to run in as a charger would be a lot better

Mar 11, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #1,215 of 5,543
Honestly, I don’t like the idea of charging cradle. Doesn’t matter how good it is, it puts a lot of strains on the sockets. These sockets tolerances are very little compared to the angle and the weight that it could stand.

My wife uses a charging cradle for her IPhone, and in less than 5 months, the iPhone socket is so loose that it charge and stop charging randomly. I can tell that it physically isn’t as tight as my IPhone.

So, in a long run, a regular stand that allow cables to run in as a charger would be a lot better
Agreed. But wouldn't it be nice to have that from Cayin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back