Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Jun 29, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #4,307 of 5,538
Jun 30, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #4,308 of 5,538
Tried that but still no change.

Let's try another set of rescue procedures:

Enter Android System Recovery Mode
  1. Turn off N8ii Digital Audio Player
  2. If the N8ii freezes or halts for whatever reason and you can't turn off the player through the regular On/Off procedure, please PRESS PREV and POWER buttons at the same time and HOLD for 15 seconds.
  3. When N8ii is powered off, PRESS and HOLD the POWER button and the NEXT button simultaneously.
  4. Release both buttons when the Cayin logo appears on the screen.
  5. When the text “No command” appears on the screen, PRESS and HOLD the POWER button, then PRESS the NEXT button once.
  6. Release the POWER button when the main menu of the Android System Recovery screen appears.
  7. You can now navigate different options in the Recovery screen by scrolling the VOLUME dial, you can PRESS the POWER button to select the option.
To wipe data/factory reset
  1. Navigate to the “Wipe data/factory reset” and press the POWER button.
  2. In the confirmation screen, select “Yes”.
  3. It takes several seconds to proceed with the wipe operation, please wait.
  4. When the screen returned to the Recovery menu, navigate to “Reboot system now” and press the POWER button.
  5. The device will reboot and proceed with an encryption operation, it takes about 1-2 minutes on average.
  6. The wipe operation is completed after the device is fully reinitialized to the language selection screen
You can select "Reboot System Now" from the Recovery menu and hopefully, the DAP will resume normal operation after a cold reboot. If the N8ii remains unresponsive after reboot, you can perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset as suggested above, this should return the N8ii to the default status and get you out of all software issues, but you need to set up the Google account and download all the applications again.

N8ii Recover Screen Enteringjpg.jpg

N8ii Recover Screen no command.jpg

N8ii Recover Screen.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 30, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #4,309 of 5,538
Let's try another set of rescue procedures:

Enter Android System Recovery Mode
  1. Turn off N8ii Digital Audio Player
  2. If the N8ii freezes or halts for whatever reason and you can't turn off the player through the regular On/Off procedure, please PRESS PREV and POWER buttons at the same time and HOLD for 15 seconds.
  3. When N8ii is powered off, PRESS and HOLD the POWER button and the NEXT button simultaneously.
  4. Release both buttons when the Cayin logo appears on the screen.
  5. When the text “No command” appears on the screen, PRESS and HOLD the POWER button, then PRESS the NEXT button once.
  6. Release the POWER button when the main menu of the Android System Recovery screen appears.
  7. You can now navigate different options in the Recovery screen by scrolling the VOLUME dial, you can PRESS the POWER button to select the option.
To wipe data/factory reset
  1. Navigate to the “Wipe data/factory reset” and press the POWER button.
  2. In the confirmation screen, select “Yes”.
  3. It takes several seconds to proceed with the wipe operation, please wait.
  4. When the screen returned to the Recovery menu, navigate to “Reboot system now” and press the POWER button.
  5. The device will reboot and proceed with an encryption operation, it takes about 1-2 minutes on average.
  6. The wipe operation is completed after the device is fully reinitialized to the language selection screen
You can select "Reboot System Now" from the Recovery menu and hopefully, the DAP will resume normal operation after a cold reboot. If the N8ii remains unresponsive after reboot, you can perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset as suggested above, this should return the N8ii to the default status and get you out of all software issues, but you need to set up the Google account and download all the applications again.

N8ii Recover Screen Enteringjpg.jpg
N8ii Recover Screen no command.jpg
N8ii Recover Screen.jpg
Thank you. Will give this a try

Jul 1, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #4,313 of 5,538
Glad full MQA is sorted with latest fw, Tidal sounding rather good this morning! The gift that keeps on giving...:sunglasses:

Jul 1, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #4,316 of 5,538
Anyone notice faster battery drain when N8ii not in use, after the latest update.
Not that i've noticed but i'm not consistent in use & charging.

Anyone here using AH-D9200 with N8ii?

Jul 1, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #4,317 of 5,538
Anyone notice faster battery drain when N8ii not in use, after the latest update.
Definitely not personally. Left mine in the car for a week and still had like 15% battery left (drained maybe 20-30% in that time).

It's been stupid slow to charge though for me. I use my laptop charger in the office and I think 1-100% would probably take like 7 hours +

Jul 1, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #4,320 of 5,538
Think there was a couple of you asking about sync / delay if using as external DAC with PC. Just checked and there is indeed quite a delay. No use for gaming, you'll be dead before you hear it and you'll need audio shift (VLC) etc for watching anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back