Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Jun 28, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #4,276 of 5,538
Ah, yeah, home button.

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #4,277 of 5,538
On the N8ii can you set the volume, caping it at a certain level, so that you can’t accidentally shoot it up too high and hurt your ears?

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #4,278 of 5,538
The volume control Setting in Audio Setting menu has been reworked completely. The new layout is more self-explanatory. The previous design is a bit confused for users outside the HeadFi forum. They didn't aware of the discussion regarding the direction of the volume knob and they are peculiar with the new features.

Be reminded that the volume control setting is defaulted to anticlockwise.

N8ii Volume Control revised 20220628.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 28, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #4,279 of 5,538
On the N8ii can you set the volume, caping it at a certain level, so that you can’t accidentally shoot it up too high and hurt your ears?

Yes, Audio Setting > Max Volume, you'll have a slider that allows you to set the volume cap anywhere from 0 to 100.

Jun 28, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #4,281 of 5,538
Any word on Roon cert? 😍😗

Last piece of the puzzle before this DAP reaches a 💯!!!! Come on, we gotta outshine the AK!! 😛

Jun 29, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #4,284 of 5,538
My update went well, and I was happy to experience an improvement in the sound
quality, there seem to be a more focused more 3D and even more detail and realism to the Sound and seem to be louder too, I hadn't changed my volume level from previous day listening!

Thanks
@Andykong: Could you please comment on this? Is there any change in your FW that should bring a sound quality / character change ??? ??? ???
Thanks a lot in advance for an explanation on a factual ”scientific“ level.

Jun 29, 2022 at 2:25 AM Post #4,287 of 5,538
@Andykong: Could you please comment on this? Is there any change in your FW that should bring a sound quality / character change ??? ??? ???
Thanks a lot in advance for an explanation on a factual ”scientific“ level.
No comment!

Jun 29, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #4,288 of 5,538
The volume control Setting in Audio Setting menu has been reworked completely. The new layout is more self-explanatory. The previous design is a bit confused for users outside the HeadFi forum. They didn't aware of the discussion regarding the direction of the volume knob and they are peculiar with the new features.

Be reminded that the volume control setting is defaulted to anticlockwise.

N8ii Volume Control revised 20220628.jpg
what are the meze iems like with the n8ii?

Jun 29, 2022 at 3:40 AM Post #4,290 of 5,538
No change in sound for me when I had an hour or so listening after update

Users who are viewing this thread

Back