Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Jul 1, 2022 at 7:58 AM Post #4,321 of 5,538
Anyone notice faster battery drain when N8ii not in use, after the latest update.

Not that i've noticed but i'm not consistent in use & charging.

Anyone here using AH-D9200 with N8ii?

Definitely not personally. Left mine in the car for a week and still had like 15% battery left (drained maybe 20-30% in that time).

It's been stupid slow to charge though for me. I use my laptop charger in the office and I think 1-100% would probably take like 7 hours +

seems yes and even it is off

I left it in my car overnite from 8pm-8am, the next day realised that drop 10-13% although in idle mode and not playing any music.
As the topic of battery drain comes up (again?), I would like to report that I do observe inconsistent battery behavior, too. Actually, I just want to bring this announcement up for the time being, and I will write up a full report later, maybe after this weekend. I took many battery readings which I have to analyze, and I tried to systematically find out under what circumstances things get weird. So stay tuned, as they say elsewhere.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #4,322 of 5,538
I typically use UAPP for Tidal and haven't used Tidal native app in a long time, as I always thought it sounded a bit thin, treble boosted, and artificial.

Did something change?

Boy does it sound good. But then everything sounds good out of the N8ii. 🙃😁
First time in a long time where I don't have the itch to upgrade.
20220701_130619.jpg

Jul 1, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #4,323 of 5,538
I typically use UAPP for Tidal and haven't used Tidal native app in a long time, as I always thought it sounded a bit thin, treble boosted, and artificial.

Did something change?

Boy does it sound good. But then everything sounds good out of the N8ii. 🙃😁
First time in a long time where I don't have the itch to upgrade.
20220701_130619.jpg
x16. UAPP Tidal as well.

Jul 1, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #4,324 of 5,538
Jul 1, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #4,325 of 5,538
so you think using tidal app is better than using tidal from uapp now
Not checked native but listened through UAPP this morning, 1st time since fw update, sounded ace.

Jul 2, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #4,330 of 5,538
Same here, no change in battery usage. Don't drains at all while in idle mode.

Jul 2, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #4,331 of 5,538
Battery life and sound unchanged for me after update.

Jul 3, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #4,332 of 5,538
Hello everyone. Looking for next step in SQ improvement with my n8ii. I have lcd-x and campfire solaris right now. What would you do : buy something like meze elite or he1000se or buy desktop amp like ferrum orr or auris audio ha-2sf. What would be a big step forward in terms of SQ . Thank you for opinions.

Jul 3, 2022 at 11:20 PM Post #4,333 of 5,538
Hello everyone. Looking for next step in SQ improvement with my n8ii. I have lcd-x and campfire solaris right now. What would you do : buy something like meze elite or he1000se or buy desktop amp like ferrum orr or auris audio ha-2sf. What would be a big step forward in terms of SQ . Thank you for opinions.
Buy an Aroma Jewel to use with your N8ii and you will be happy…

Jul 4, 2022 at 2:25 AM Post #4,334 of 5,538
That would entirely depend on if you wanted to use IEM of HP. Plenty of choice to upgrade from solaris.

Jul 4, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #4,335 of 5,538
That would entirely depend on if you wanted to use IEM of HP. Plenty of choice to upgrade from solaris.
Thinking of HP. Solaris is still OK for me after I bought n8ii. But lcd-x is definitely not :). So the question is what would be better ,to buy desktop amp for lcd- x or just buy something like elite or any other summit headphone ,which n8ii will be able to drive. In other words, will the amplifier improve the sound of the LCD-X significantly or is it easier to just change the headphones..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back