Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
May 6, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #46 of 3,873
Winner gets a free N8? XD

Haha, I figure someone will say this, so I wrote my game immediately after I post last message.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 6, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #47 of 3,873
OK, I just finished writing the press release of Cayin N8 DAP, its a standard quick introduction covering basic headings on input/outputs, digital design, and analogue design. If anyone can guess the key selling point of all three headings, I'll put you in the N8 reviewer list. :beerchug:

Everyone is entitled to one "proposal" only. You can post a new "proposal" to superseded your previous version, but you must not edit your previous proposal (well, typo and non-feature related editing is allowed). This is because when there are more then one proposal get it right, time stamp become an important factor.

I sincerely someone can figure this out and I am truly happy to hang him the N8 for a thorough review.

I'm interested in adding the N8 to my list, and so I like to have first dip in purchasing it, and if I like it i will review and support the DAP, just like I did for valoq and LPG.

So my guess: 4.4mm balance jack, FPGA data correction, dual ES9.98PRO DAC, discrete class A amp?

May 6, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #48 of 3,873
OK, I just finished writing the press release of Cayin N8 DAP, its a standard quick introduction covering basic headings on input/outputs, digital design, and analogue design. If anyone can guess the key selling point of all three headings, I'll put you in the N8 reviewer list. :beerchug:

Everyone is entitled to one "proposal" only. You can post a new "proposal" to superseded your previous version, but you must not edit your previous proposal (well, typo and non-feature related editing is allowed). This is because when there are more then one proposal get it right, time stamp become an important factor.

I sincerely someone can figure this out and I am truly happy to hang him the N8 for a thorough review.
What do you mean digital design and analogue design?
Do you mean the DACs used and type of amplification?

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #49 of 3,873

First Heading,
A Custom In House DAC FPGA Style
  • With Built in Digital Filters
  • Or Possible use of Mini Tube Buffered Output [Though I doubt it's this]

Second Heading
Fully Balanced Class A Discrete Design
  • With User Adjustable Current Gain
  • An Fully Balanced Line Out
Third Heading
Re-deisnged Android UI sitting on a Custom QualComm Processor
  • X Number of Powerful cores for a smoother, faster more robust experience

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! I just hope your not going with a modular Amp section...

May 6, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #50 of 3,873
What do you mean digital design and analogue design?
Do you mean the DACs used and type of amplification?

Well, the game is to guess the selling point along these three headings as appear on Cayin N8 Press Release, so may I ask what are the typical description on DAP press release?

May 6, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #51 of 3,873
First Heading,
A Custom In House DAC FPGA Style
  • With Built in Digital Filters
  • Or Possible use of Mini Tube Buffered Output [Though I doubt it's this]

Second Heading
Fully Balanced Class A Discrete Design
  • With User Adjustable Current Gain
  • An Fully Balanced Line Out
Third Heading
Re-deisnged Android UI sitting on a Custom QualComm Processor
  • X Number of Powerful cores for a smoother, faster more robust experience

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! I just hope your not going with a modular Amp section...

Nice try, but i can't comment on your proposal. :ksc75smile:

I'll disappear for half a day because I need to work on another press release as well, and tidy up my sales kit on HA-300. Will drop to check out if there are more "proposal" coming in. :beerchug:

May 6, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #52 of 3,873

removed

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #54 of 3,873
That's better, let talk about the dream features.

Although the design is a done deal, let see if someone can figure out our offer before the Munich show. :alien:
So great to see that Cayin is considering dap-market so seriously. I guess, Cayin will probably choose FPGA-ed dac, MQA support, large screen. Design wise it will closer to the size of AK Sp1000. I see in the picture above 2,5D glass panel. Lets see how close I was :)

May 6, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #55 of 3,873
I am reading the proposals with great interest, and I want to remind my friends that you have to think along side one fundamental issue: N8 is Cayin's corporate statement on portable DAP, Cayin is not an omnipotent compnay, so there are things that we'll play conservative, and there are things that we'll play aggressive, study our product history, figure out our strength and previous innovations, don't just put in the best of the best into your proposal.

N8 debut Munich 02.jpg

Attachments

• N8 debut Munich 02.jpg
    N8 debut Munich 02.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 0

May 6, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #56 of 3,873
I am reading the proposals with great interest, and I want to remind my friends that you have to think along side one fundamental issue: N8 is Cayin's corporate statement on portable DAP, Cayin is not an omnipotent compnay, so there are things that we'll play conservative, and there are things that we'll play aggressive, study our product history, figure out our strength and previous innovations, don't just put in the best of the best into your proposal.

lol why drop XD

The back panel is exactly why I suggested swappable amp cards. It looks like it can slide open.

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #58 of 3,873
2.5D glass?
Yeah, it's what almost all smartphones use nowadays to give it a very slightly curved edge at the edges of the screen to make it nicer to hold.

I wouldn't say its a main selling point but rather a nice ergonomic addition.

May 6, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #60 of 3,873
Gorila glass 5 both front and back, balanced 4.4 mm, 550 mW@ 32 Ohm, playback time 12+ hours, support for native DSD 256 & 512. USB DAC amoung other futures. Weight around 300 gr.
Just list the key selling points of all the 3 headings for the N8 disclosure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back