Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
May 5, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #18 of 3,873
May 5, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #19 of 3,873
Well. For those who don't want to read the other thread, the estimated price was $2500 USD.

Here I was thinking this would compete with the x7ii, dx200 and hiby r6. Not so much.... Big jump into a brand new tier.

May 5, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #20 of 3,873
So, to summarize: even though you have no idea what the price is--even in a general sense--you are demanding Andy account for how expensive it is? :confused:

Erm... now let me see... did I demand Andy account for the cost.... errr.. NO, I did no such thing.

All I did was express disappointment & remark that high pricetag DAPs are becoming more common, following in iRiver (A&K) footsteps.

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #21 of 3,873
Erm... now let me see... did I demand Andy account for the cost.... errr.. NO, I did no such thing.

All I did was express disappointment & remark that high pricetag DAPs are becoming more common, following in iRiver (A&K) footsteps.

Semantics. It amounts to the same thing. Using passive-aggressive phrases doesn't change the sentiment.

Your disappointment doesn't even make sense. Forget for a moment YOU DON'T KNOW THE PRICE, and say it is very, very expensive. Why would that disappoint anyone? Cayin has incredible offerings at perfectly affordable prices. Why would expanding into higher markets disappoint?

You only have a reason to be upset if the product doesn't perform at a higher tier.

May 5, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #23 of 3,873
As you wish.

May 5, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #24 of 3,873
Anyway, good luck to Cayin, on the new release(s).

I can't deny I'm disappointed at the enormous price of the N8 ...

Where has a price been disclosed?

Not 100% confirmed as accurate, yet, but read it for yourself & draw your own conclusions:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cayin-new-flagship-dap-to-be-shown-in-munich-2018-cayin-n8.879004/

So, to summarize: even though you have no idea what the price is--even in a general sense--you are demanding Andy account for how expensive it is? :confused:

Semantics. It amounts to the same thing. Using passive-aggressive phrases doesn't change the sentiment.

Your disappointment doesn't even make sense. Forget for a moment YOU DON'T KNOW THE PRICE, and say it is very, very expensive. Why would that disappoint anyone? Cayin has incredible offerings at perfectly affordable prices. Why would expanding into higher markets disappoint?

You only have a reason to be upset if the product doesn't perform at a higher tier.

1) you try to forcibly project your own re-interpretation of meaning onto what I said

then

2) you further proceed to try to dictate to me what I can or cannot be upset (actually, I said disappointed) about, and on what grounds that may or may not be legitimate, in your eyes.

So please, enough of trying to dictate meaning and terms.

I have no desire to argue (or, indeed, to fall out with you, personally).

May 5, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #26 of 3,873
Not 100% confirmed as accurate, yet, but read it for yourself & draw your own conclusions:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cayin-new-flagship-dap-to-be-shown-in-munich-2018-cayin-n8.879004/

Prices are just rumours now.

https://m.facebook.com/head4.net/posts/2000888093455993

This post suggests a price of rmb15000-18000

May 5, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #27 of 3,873
N8 dap + N8 iem
⠀⠰⡿⠿⠛⠛⠻⠿⣷
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣤⣄⣀⡀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠛⣿⣿⣿⡛⠿⠷
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠿⠿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁

⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣷⣄⠀⢶⣶⣷⣶⣶⣤⣀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠻⠗
⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⣴⣶⡄
⠀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣥⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⠛⠃
⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄
⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡁
⠈⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠁
⠀⠀⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠟
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉

May 5, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #28 of 3,873
Well, I've truly lost count of the number of times I've had to remind someone to read post #3 in the Mojo thread, even though it says so in the thread title!

Anyway, good luck to Cayin, on the new release(s).

I can't deny I'm disappointed at the enormous price of the N8 (iRiver have destroyed the consumer marketplace, by forcing DAP prices higher, in my opinion, and now there's a rush by manufacturers to grab a piece of the high-pricetag-DAP action).

However, I'm sure Cayin will produce a nice-sounding player. For goodness sake, make sure the firmware is reliable before you release it, though!

The Mojo thread is 2425 pages right now, I am sure the hot questions will be asked on weekly basis, if not daily. If our official thread received that kind of attention, that would be a big problem, .... a big happy problem.

I can honestly say that we have not compiled the final BOM as-of today, we just finished our package design and is still in the process of making prototype for the package and associated accessories. When R&D department is still undergoes final refinements on the DAP, hoping to deliver an engineering sample as close to the final product as possible before Munich High End 2018, the supply chain is still in early stage only, In other word, I don't know the price of N8 right now. :grin:

When Cayin kick-started the N8 project, we didn't list any competitor as our audio performance reference. We use N6 and N6mod as reference and we are determine to beat ourselves hands down in this project. Did we manage that? The Engineering sample at the Munich show will be the first signage, let's looking forward to the show reports together. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 5, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #29 of 3,873
FREAKING AWESOME!

I've been so impressed by what Cayin does in the mid-tier realm, I've often fantasized about what great heights a summit-fi offering might reach.

Pinky is losing his $h*t! :D

I still remember you are a bit skeptical when I invite you to review our N3.

I am sure you have been amazed by what we have done with $150 budget, now let me amaze you again when we have all the resource we need to build our dream sound in portable form factors.

Start saving up my friend, the dawn is near. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 5, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #30 of 3,873
I still remember you are a bit skeptical when I invite you to review our N3.

I am sure you have been amzaed by what we have done with $150 budget, now let me amaze you again when we have all the resource we need to build our dream sound in portable form factors.

Start saving up my friend, the dawn is near. :ksc75smile:
The N3 is stellar for the price. Functionality is through the roof and it's sound punches way above its price.

It is THE best budget DAP overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back