Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Feb 1, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #3,541 of 3,873
When using in BT receiver mode (ldac or uat), does EQ work?
Yes and No.

When you connect N8 in BT receiver mode, it become a slave to your mobile phone (or whatever BT transmitter), the N8 behave like a wireless (BT) DAC/Amp, the control of your music playback is not rested with your mobile phone (i.e., the Master in the BT connection), so you cannot access the EQ UI in N8 once you connected.

However, it you have set your EQ prior to your BT connection, it will remain in the playback chain AFTER the N8 enters Slave mode, hence you are listening to your N8 wireless DAC with EQ, so it does work, but you can't change the EQ setting unless you disconnected the BT connection.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 1, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #3,542 of 3,873
Yes and No.

When you connect N8 in BT receiver mode, it become a slave to your mobile phone (or whatever BT transmitter), the N8 behave like a wireless (BT) DAC/Amp, the control of your music playback is not rested with your mobile phone (i.e., the Master in the BT connection), so you cannot access the EQ UI in N8 once you connected.

However, it you have set your EQ prior to your BT connection, it will remain in the playback chain AFTER the N8 enters Slave mode, hence you are listening to your N8 wireless DAC with EQ, so it does work, but you can't change the EQ setting unless you disconnected the BT connection.
Thanks

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #3,543 of 3,873
My N8 (and N3Pro as well) started to have restart problems lately.
When I try to trigger some menu option when a track is playing, the player freeze with no sound, and then restart after 5-10 seconds.
Anybody face the same issue please?
I m wondering if there is a way to "downgrade" the firmware to previous version which was more reliable?
Tks for any input in advance.

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #3,544 of 3,873
My N8 start to produce some noise “tac”(heavy noise i fear for my headphones and ears when i hear it) when initiate for the first time the tube mode or 3,5 SE output...
This becomes annoying with the 3.1 and 3.2 firmware...when i use with the 2.5 firmware there are no problem at all (and now i can not revert the firmware because the 2.5 shows no music added)

maybe are random firmware glitches...
By the way, i can revert to 3.1 firmware but don’t help with the noise...

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #3,545 of 3,873
My N8 start to produce some noise “tac”(heavy noise i fear for my headphones and ears when i hear it) when initiate for the first time the tube mode or 3,5 SE output...
This becomes annoying with the 3.1 and 3.2 firmware...when i use with the 2.5 firmware there are no problem at all (and now i can not revert the firmware because the 2.5 shows no music added)

Can revert to 2.5? I don't really need the latest features...
Where I can find any instruction pls?

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #3,546 of 3,873
Feb 3, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #3,547 of 3,873
Feb 3, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #3,548 of 3,873
I left mine with stock FW.

Maybe is the best choice...
I will do the revert to the best firmware and put all the music again...a pain in the ass, but i hope it solve my problems 👍

Feb 3, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #3,549 of 3,873
Maybe is the best choice...
I will do the revert to the best firmware and put all the music again...a pain in the ass, but i hope it solve my problems 👍
Could it be a bad album that triggers the issue ?

Feb 4, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #3,550 of 3,873
My N8 (and N3Pro as well) started to have restart problems lately.
When I try to trigger some menu option when a track is playing, the player freeze with no sound, and then restart after 5-10 seconds.
Anybody face the same issue please?
I m wondering if there is a way to "downgrade" the firmware to previous version which was more reliable?
Tks for any input in advance.

Does it happens randomly? or happens regularly with several tracks or a particular file format? You don't experience the same problem previously, just happen recently? There N8 firmware is stable for quite a while already, it is unlikely a firmware related problem. And if the problem appear in your N3Pro and N8 recently, the chance of hardware failure in two different DAP at the same time is also very low, statistically. So my guess is, some newly added music file has caused the problem.

For your information, you can download the previous version of N8 or N3Pro firmware HERE and downgrade your firmware by following the manual firmware update procedure. There is no limitation on firmware rollback with N8 and N3Pro, you have total flexibility in choosing your DAP firmware with these non-Android DAPs.

can not revert the firmware because the 2.5 shows no music added? You can revert the firmware to 2.5 successful but N8 can't find any music in your internal memory or TF card? The "tac" noise happens with any earphone/headphone you used? or is more obvious with a particular earphone/headphone?

Last edited:

Feb 4, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #3,551 of 3,873
Does it happens randomly? or happens regularly with several tracks or a particular file format? You don't experience the same problem previously, just happen recently? There N8 firmware is stable for quite a while already, it is unlikely a firmware related problem. And if the problem appear in your N3Pro and N8 recently, the chance of hardware failure in two different DAP at the same time is also very low, statistically. So my guess is, some newly added music file has caused the problem.

For your information, you can download the previous version of N8 or N3Pro firmware HERE and downgrade your firmware by following the manual firmware update procedure. There is no limitation on firmware rollback with N8 and N3Pro, you have total flexibility in choosing your DAP firmware with these non-Android DAPs.

can not revert the firmware because the 2.5 shows no music added? You can revert the firmware to 2.5 successful but N8 can't find any music in your internal memory or TF card? The "tac" noise happens with any earphone/headphone you used? or is more obvious with a particular earphone/headphone?

hi Andy!!

i can succesfully change the firmware to 2.5, but when i select a song to reproduce the player display a message no music added, i tried reset and rescan the music with no positive results...then i revert again to 3.1 firmware and the problem is gone.
The “tac” sound occurs when i connect every IEM, in previous firmwares is a very quiet noise that i only heard with the connect of the tubes, but since i use the 3.1 firmware i hear this “tac” quite loud (it’s like an electrical sound of connection but very loud and it hurts at normal volume 30-40, i need to put the volume to 15 and this problem is nearly imperceptible, but sometimes even with this low volume the annoying sound comes high)...

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #3,552 of 3,873
hi Andy!!

i can succesfully change the firmware to 2.5, but when i select a song to reproduce the player display a message no music added, i tried reset and rescan the music with no positive results...then i revert again to 3.1 firmware and the problem is gone.
The “tac” sound occurs when i connect every IEM, in previous firmwares is a very quiet noise that i only heard with the connect of the tubes, but since i use the 3.1 firmware i hear this “tac” quite loud (it’s like an electrical sound of connection but very loud and it hurts at normal volume 30-40, i need to put the volume to 15 and this problem is nearly imperceptible, but sometimes even with this low volume the annoying sound comes high)...

I also just reload the v2.5 on N8. Can see the songs store in the N8. When I added the card, I can see the songs by picking the folders, but after I scan the card, then got a message saying no song detected!
Well, repeat the steps couple of times doesn't solve the problem, so I just did it one more time without scanning the card and use the folder mode.
No issue to reload v1.2 for N3Pro though.

Much quicker response after downgrade to a lower firmware, on both N8 & N3Pro. Think I will stick to these v2.5 & v1.2 until whatever....

Feb 4, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #3,553 of 3,873

I didn't change any song or files in my N8 and N3Pro. The sluggishness only happened after the last (maybe last 2) firmware upgrade. It often happened when I play DSD / DFF format, and when I tried to trigger the menu below.

Feb 5, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #3,554 of 3,873
Hi N8 owners,

I am looking to purchase the 4.4 to dual 3-pin XLR cable that comes in the box of N8. I can pay good money for it. If you have one that is available for sale, please DM me. Thanks so much!

Feb 5, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #3,555 of 3,873
Hi N8 owners,

I am looking to purchase the 4.4 to dual 3-pin XLR cable that comes in the box of N8. I can pay good money for it. If you have one that is available for sale, please DM me. Thanks so much!
You want to connect A02 balanced line out to your Broadway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back