Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Nov 4, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #2,731 of 3,873
You have both already pal, slide it out of the case to be silver and back in for the black :L3000:
That's a good point mate. I'm not sure if the brass and silver sound different

Nov 4, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #2,732 of 3,873

You got balls, man, carrying it bareback :D When I had N8 last year, on loan for review, I was sweating to even take it outside of the house in a case lol!!!

Nov 5, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #2,733 of 3,873
The battery loses 4 to 6% charge in one nigth, N8 off.

Didn't heard about this again, can I assume this is an one-off situation?

Bad battery reading might be related to two problems. First of all, the battery reading indeed can be misleading in the first couple of charging cycle, especially the first charging round. Once you completed 2-3 charging cycles, the situation will be rectified immediately. Secondly, the battery capacity of Lithium is an estimation based on a capacity estimation algorithm. The 7000mAH lithium battery is a custom developed battery for N8 specifically, and we have only received our first batch of N8 battery at mid-September, so we didn't have time to submit the battery for laboratory evaluation "after" installed into N8. We'll collect these information promptly and improve our capacity estimation algorithm in the subsequent firmware update.

On the other hand, while Lithium battery installed in N8 does not have memory effect, it does has what we called inaccurate gauge issue, and this is a common problem to Lithium battery based appliance, especially to a newly purchased unit. If you run into inaccurate battery reading, or in the worst case, sudden power off when the battery reading indicated otherwise, I suggest you do a gauge calibration to verify the problem. In fact this is something that we all should be doing occasionally. Take a look at the following link, it explains "what" and "how" to calibrate a Lithium battery in great detail:
How to Fix Inaccurate Charge Percentages by Calibrating Your Phone’s Battery

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 5, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #2,735 of 3,873
Nov 6, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #2,736 of 3,873
Anyone wants to trade hes N8 for my wm1z :ksc75smile::)

Nov 6, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #2,737 of 3,873
Anyone wants to trade hes N8 for my wm1z :ksc75smile::)

Are you sure you have posted in the right thread? I believe the wm1z thread probably has a better chance to find someone wanting a wm1z?:ksc75smile:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 6, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #2,738 of 3,873
Are you sure you have posted in the right thread? I believe the wm1z thread probably has a better chance to find someone wanting a wm1z?:ksc75smile:

Haha yes but there would be no N8 over there hihi

Nov 6, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #2,739 of 3,873
The n8 is way better than wm1z to my ears

Nov 6, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #2,740 of 3,873
I had the n8 and now have the 1Z, don't understand your "way better" the n8 has more power but in the other hand the 1z has a much better UI and battery life, soundwise they are diferent but both great sounding players, the n8 is more on the DTR1 sound flavor than the 1Z, the 1Z has even more emotional sound than the n8, but if I could I like to have the three, N8, 1Z and Dtr1

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #2,741 of 3,873
I had the n8 and now have the 1Z, don't understand your "way better" the n8 has more power but in the other hand the 1z has a much better UI and battery life, soundwise they are diferent but both great sounding players, the n8 is more on the DTR1 sound flavor than the 1Z, the 1Z has even more emotional sound than the n8, but if I could I like to have the three, N8, 1Z and Dtr1

I think 1z is too emotional. In the beginning I thought it was flat none emphasizing. But realised it has a treble elevation and eventually I realized I dont like that.

Yes 1z is a very nuanced player and delicate smoothe. I am enjoying the n6ii atm I like it a lot. N6ii is even thicker and warmer.

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #2,742 of 3,873
N8 has even more treble emphasizing, is a question of taste, for me both are great players, the 1Z is everything but flat and I love it, I don't understand this flat thing or bass or treble elevation, I see so many people using EQ here in the forum that they don't have to worry if is flat or warm or emotional the EQ solves all, both have very good dynamics and layering, never heard the n6ii

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #2,744 of 3,873
Nov 6, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #2,745 of 3,873
N8 has even more treble emphasizing, is a question of taste, for me both are great players, the 1Z is everything but flat and I love it, I don't understand this flat thing or bass or treble elevation, I see so many people using EQ here in the forum that they don't have to worry if is flat or warm or emotional the EQ solves all, both have very good dynamics and layering, never heard the n6ii
yeah, if someone would want a flat TOTL DAP, the LPGT is the way to go (also best EQ in a DAP available at the moment ... for info: I just tested the LPGT but alas do not own it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back