Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Sep 30, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #2,611 of 3,873
Does the battery show as fully charged or stay at 50 percent?
Does it start if left plugged in?

No it doesn't. There’s probably something wrong with the LCD because I know that while charging, battery level is usually displayed. Whereas in this weird “condition”, there’s nothing at all... just an unresponsive device that doesn't turn on.

Player is in a Van Nuys case along with the stock leather housing, so it’s pretty well protected.

Tried removing the SD, still didn’t turn on...

Sep 30, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #2,612 of 3,873
No it doesn't. There’s probably something wrong with the LCD because I know that while charging, battery level is usually displayed. Whereas in this weird “condition”, there’s nothing at all... just an unresponsive device that doesn't turn on.

Player is in a Van Nuys case along with the stock leather housing, so it’s pretty well protected.

I would take it back to the dealer again. Surely, they won't get lucky again with it working fine.

Sep 30, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #2,613 of 3,873

Unlikely I know but if you plug earphones in can you play anything. Least then you know it not lcd but unit dead. Needs returning alas but still under warranty hopefully?

Oct 1, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #2,614 of 3,873
Unlikely I know but if you plug earphones in can you play anything. Least then you know it not lcd but unit dead. Needs returning alas but still under warranty hopefully?

still nothing... Will send it back to the dealer. Sucks, Im going on a weeklong trip on Friday and have no portable gear to bring. Ended up getting a Lypertek Tevi TWS, and I must say they are a very bang for the buck piece of hardware... perfect for the gym being ipx7 certified and all. All for the equivalent of 100USD

Oct 1, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #2,615 of 3,873
Using the n8 tonight with oBravo Cupid's on tubes. Sounds fliping awesome. Love this dap

Oct 1, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #2,616 of 3,873
Using the n8 tonight with oBravo Cupid's on tubes. Sounds fliping awesome. Love this dap
Loving the N8 with the Sony iems , but still will happily include the th900.

Oct 1, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #2,617 of 3,873
Th900 are awesome headphones. Can't forget those

Oct 2, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #2,618 of 3,873
Lol it will probably be a web purchase for me!

I am loving my smart leather man-bag, just bought a new cable 75cms/29.5" long with a 4.4mm TRRS termination which is a perfect length (for man-bag use). Pity the cheap as chips 4.4mm to 3.5mm SE adapter from China doesn't work, it's being returned and I've ordered a slightly more expensive one, also via Amazon & China. Need the adapter for Hugo 2 use. Don't really want to pay £50 + import duty etc but might end up having to.

Was thinking about your lack of nearby shops and a bag for your N8. Could you not get one made up by a cobbler or someone who makes horsey gear? As you live IMON, having a custom bag made won't cost what it would cost me in London.

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #2,619 of 3,873
If I decide to get an N8, I is there an N8ii in the works before I make my final decision?

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #2,620 of 3,873
If I decide to get an N8, I is there an N8ii in the works before I make my final decision?
I bought mine in 2018 and its been flawless. For me its the dap I use when I want to hear music at its best. If your intentions is to use it indoors its the best sounding dap. If you have plans on using it on the go then you will have challenges cause its a tank. It sounds awesome on the go but from trial and error its best used with a fanny pack or held in your hand. If Cayin comes out with a smaller N8 I will buy it right now. The N6II is pretty good , well great but doesnt beat the N8 soundwise but it beats most other daps. The N6II is easier on the go.

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #2,621 of 3,873
I bought mine in 2018 and its been flawless. For me its the dap I use when I want to hear music at its best. If your intentions is to use it indoors its the best sounding dap. If you have plans on using it on the go then you will have challenges cause its a tank. It sounds awesome on the go but from trial and error its best used with a fanny pack or held in your hand. If Cayin comes out with a smaller N8 I will buy it right now. The N6II is pretty good , well great but doesnt beat the N8 soundwise but it beats most other daps. The N6II is easier on the go.

Thanks. I would use it at home. I have my QP1R and QP2R for travel as they are smaller.

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #2,623 of 3,873

According to Music tec they have no plans for a replacement flagship in 2020

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #2,624 of 3,873
Black Brass may be my ticket depending on if I need to replace our 7 year old PC with a new build.

Oct 3, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #2,625 of 3,873
I never find this in reviews.

1. If selecting genre, does it go to artists and then albums and then songs?
2. If selecting artist, is it based on album artist or artist?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back