Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
Apr 12, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #1,786 of 3,873
Apr 12, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #1,788 of 3,873
Wow, that's quick, we just send out our first batch of N8BB to US, UK, French, Japan, Singapore and Thailand early this week. :beerchug:

We just finished the first day of SIAV at Shanghai, the N8BB and the new N6ii has drawn a lot of attention, check out our SIAV album at Cayin Facebook page if you are interested.

SIAV2019-07.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 12, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #1,789 of 3,873
I couldn't find the specifications. Any links?

Wow, that's quick, we just send out our first batch of N8BB to US, UK, French, Japan, Singapore and Thailand early this week. :beerchug:

We just finished the first day of SIAV at Shanghai, the N8BB and the new N6ii has drawn a lot of attention, check out our SIAV album at Cayin Facebook page if you are interested.

Apr 12, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #1,790 of 3,873
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 12, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #1,791 of 3,873
Do you have ss n8 as well? If yes, can you please compare them? My friend has compared them at Can Jam Singapore and he told me that black n8 is slightly more warm. I would like to hear more opinions. Thanks :)

I do but as I am travelling on business for a week from Sunday, I may not get the chance to compare before then.

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #1,794 of 3,873
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these today. Not keen on lotoo sound, astell and Kern lack eq. These have tubes! What would be good open back headphones to go with it?

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #1,795 of 3,873
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these today. Not keen on lotoo sound, astell and Kern lack eq. These have tubes! What would be good open back headphones to go with it?

It already comes with a free pair of SendyAudio Aiva open back planar headphones from Musicteck.

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #1,796 of 3,873
Apr 14, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #1,797 of 3,873
Would anyone clarify that N8 Brass Black chassis is made out of brass or stainless steel? I have read the description of N8 BB on Musicteck website and it said:
  • Stainless steel chassis with PVD coating, 24K gold plated solid brass control dials.
So only the control dials are made out of brass NOT the chassis (or body). Thank you.

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #1,798 of 3,873
Would anyone clarify that N8 Brass Black chassis is made out of brass or stainless steel? I have read the description of N8 BB on Musicteck website and it said:
  • Stainless steel chassis with PVD coating, 24K gold plated solid brass control dials.
So only the control dials are made out of brass NOT the chassis (or body). Thank you.
SS version is SS, new N8 should be made all from Brass. Thats my understanding.

Apr 14, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #1,800 of 3,873

Might be worth looking at the Focal Clear for this little flagship. One client has a decent pair of earphones to use with his supplied N8 BB and SS

It's definitely brass with a Teflon coating. The SS is stainless with PVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back