Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
May 9, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #167 of 3,873
Haha I totally called it

tube buffer on the output love it

I am beyond ecstatic to see a nuTube in this product

The last pics of prototypes based around korg's product will battery-powered

So honestly to see both a dual po/lo balanced 4.4 port a dedicated 3.5mm line out port and tubes on the output has me sold

May 9, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #172 of 3,873
What is a nude tube?
Its a NSFW tube :D

Its basically a vacuum tube emulator
IMG_20180510_114502.png

May 10, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #174 of 3,873
NuTube doesnt sound like your traditional tube, or at least the one I tried. It sounds more like SS than tube, infact it sounds like a very clean SS amp. And it is very vulnerable to microphonic.
That's a problem. I have a tube amp and the microphonics drive me crazy.

May 10, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #176 of 3,873
The nutube is not there, its hidden inside.(unconfirmed) Hopefully you can switch out the backplate to a clear one to show it off.

The colour indicator is like FiiO's one. It changes colour according to the sample rate of the song being played

Looked at the pics again and realized it was a home button. Edited my question but not fast enough; thread must be on fire now.

No need to show off the Nutube imo. Just happy to finally see a portable player using that tech.

It looks very sci-fi to me. I'd definitely like to show it off :D

Assuming I can afford the N8, I'll be happy adding something to my list of gear that matches my avatar.
Just noticed that it IS being shown off

IMG_20180510_122810.png

May 10, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #178 of 3,873
Pics are in

Yes, these are official news that was supposed to release when Munich High End started at 10am, our colleagues in China suddenly decided to ambush me at midnight :grin::grin::grin:

I guess we have to end the guessing game prematurely, so please no more new guess or update from #149 onward.

Today is a busy day for me, I'll post the Press release link here as soon as we started High End 2018, and we can discuss/confirm who win the game and become our N8 reviewer after I finish my Day 1 at High End 2018. I'll take my breakfast and heading to MOC for last minute preparation of Mnnich High End, will keep everyone posted.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 10, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #179 of 3,873
Yes, these are official news that was supposed to release when Munich High End started at 10am, our colleagues in China suddenly decided to ambush me at midnight :grin::grin::grin:

I guess we have to end the guessing game prematurely, so please no more new guess or update from #149 onward.

Today is a busy day for me, I'll post the Press release link here as soon as we started High End 2018, and we can discuss/confirm who win the game and become our N8 reviewer after I finish my Day 1 at High End 2018. I'll take my breakfast and heading to MOC for last minute preparation of Mnnich High End, will keep everyone posted.
The easiest would be to forget about the game, and send the review unit to me, since I am in China and am the only one to have tried the Lotoo Touch :D

May 10, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #180 of 3,873
Would it be possible to buy one if you attend Munich High End show or won’t be available yet? I assume it’s more of an unveiling

We'll demonstrate our latest N8 engineering prototype, we do that with all our previous DAP, allowing 2-3 months warm up period for the dealer to prepare their local market for the new product.

Since these are engineering samples, they are not available for sell.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back