Cayin N8 TOTL DAP: KORG Nutube, Dual AK4497, 4.4mm phone/line out
May 9, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #153 of 3,873
Pics are in

I totally did not expect a hdmi port.

The device is stainless steel

Top wheel is for on, off and volume control
Long press to boot/shutdown, short press to on/off screen.

Bottom knob is for switching tracks and press it to play/pause

May 9, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #154 of 3,873
I totally did not expect a hdmi port.

The device is stainless steel

Top wheel is for on, off and volume control
Long press to boot/shutdown, short press to on/off screen.

Bottom knob is for switching tracks and press it to play/pause

HDMI is an interesting addition. I was expecting the n8 to look slightly different not sure how I feel about the home button. Might look nice irl.

Would of looked nicer without imo.

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #156 of 3,873
It’s not a typical hdmi setup, it’s more like soundaware mr1.

I got to say I hope the final product looks better, that rendering isn’t to pleasing to my eye.
The two knobs on the side, don’t know if I’m happy about how much it is sticking out.

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #159 of 3,873
Great that it has a balanced line out feature. Too many companies overlook that option when making new daps.

Is there a Nutube in there and what does the gold triangle (below the screen) do or indicate?
The nutube is not there, its hidden inside.(unconfirmed) Hopefully you can switch out the backplate to a clear one to show it off.

The colour indicator is like FiiO's one. It changes colour according to the sample rate of the song being played

May 9, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #160 of 3,873
The nutube is not there, its hidden inside.(unconfirmed) Hopefully you can switch out the backplate to a clear one to show it off.

The colour indicator is like FiiO's one. It changes colour according to the sample rate of the song being played

Looked at the pics again and realized it was a home button. Edited my question but not fast enough; thread must be on fire now.

No need to show off the Nutube imo. Just happy to finally see a portable player using that tech.

May 9, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #162 of 3,873
Looked at the pics again and realized it was a home button. Edited my question but not fast enough; thread must be on fire now.

No need to show off the Nutube imo. Just happy to finally see a portable player using that tech.
It looks very sci-fi to me. I'd definitely like to show it off :D

images (6).jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back