Cayin N7: A Voyager of Unexplored Frontier
Mar 5, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #1,801 of 1,845
If your N7 has missed 1 to 2 seconds of tracks as described, please contact your dealer and arrange for testing/inspection. This is abnormal.

We have implemented a mute gateway to eliminate the pop noise when switching between tracks with different formats (bitrate and sampling frequency), I have highlighted the mute gateway in yellow for your reference.

1709568299028.png

The mute gateway is a hardware gateway, software-based mute implementation can't handle the mute as reliable as we wanted it to be. The mute implementation involves two parts, the mute time and the resume time. In the case of N7, the mute time is only 10ms, and the playback will resume in around 10ms to 20ms. so the total mute time is within 30ms, or 50ms max if we include a hefty error rate in the resume time section. This is equivalent to 0.05 seconds, technically speaking.

That's why the N7 mute implementation will only affect a small percentage of music playback because most music will have some idle time or a softer note at the beginning of the track. I have noticed that the mute mechanism will eat up one note if the first few notes of the track are fairly prominent, but the mute mechanism will not last 1-2 seconds.

So maybe its time to contact your dealer and seek an alternative assessment to the 1-2 second missing problem.
Hi Andy,
Thank you for your answer.
Honnestly I would have a hard time saying confidently if what I perceive is more 50ms or 1 or 2 seconds.
Unfortunately, i purchased the N7 on second hand market and I think I dont have the proof of purchase.
What I understand, is that a small amount (up to 50ms) of music missing is normal. I guess I'll have to live with that, even I find it annoying as I'm always switching between different sample tracks.
Am I the only one perceiving it as annoying ? :)
Thanks again for help and explanation Andy !

Mar 6, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #1,802 of 1,845
My Cayin N7 won't let me turn on WiFi after 1.4 firmware update I have done a full eraze and reset. Any idea what I can do to rectify this WiFi issue? @Andykong

Plus clock and date are wrong also having issues scanning sd cards settings app keeps crashing

Before update everything was working fine.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #1,803 of 1,845
My Cayin N7 won't let me turn on WiFi after 1.4 firmware update I have done a full eraze and reset. Any idea what I can do to rectify this WiFi issue? @Andykong

Plus clock and date are wrong also having issues scanning sd cards settings app keeps crashing

Before update everything was working fine.
Have you tried to roll back?

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #1,804 of 1,845
Mar 6, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #1,805 of 1,845
After scanning with hiby app the cayin music app now adds all music to player
Hoping the old firmware restores my WiFi connection

Mar 6, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #1,806 of 1,845
Looks like my N7 WiFi is gone no luck even after rolling back. Very disappointed.

Edit after literally 5 hours of messing about finally managed to get all set up again many erroneous crashes and freezing episodes later all is back to normal. FINGERS CROSSED IT DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN.
When the Cayin N7 is working it's by far my favourite DAP of the 18 I have the sound quality and effortless musicality trumps all.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #1,807 of 1,845
@Andykong I get an issue with my N7. I plugged in for charging when the device is on at about 24% battery, and when I unplug the device after a few hours, the screen is off and only the red led is breathing. The device is not responding. Even when I long press to power button to shut it down or on. What can I do? I also tried power+volum down, it;s not responding.

Mar 7, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #1,809 of 1,845
Can you tell me, please, how to set the screen to turn on only from the button? In the pocket, the screen turns on constantly at the touch and consumes battery power. Pin or password blocking does not help.
You need to disable the screen activation in the settings by pressing 2

Mar 8, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #1,810 of 1,845
Does the screen wake up on every touch? Usually it is a two tab wake, which can be turned off in:
Settings/System/Gestures/Double click wake up
If you turn it off, the screen should stay off until you press the power button.

Mar 10, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #1,811 of 1,845
@Andykong I get an issue with my N7. I plugged in for charging when the device is on at about 24% battery, and when I unplug the device after a few hours, the screen is off and only the red led is breathing. The device is not responding. Even when I long press to power button to shut it down or on. What can I do? I also tried power+volum down, it;s not responding.
Hi,

I’ve had myN7 for around a year - with absolutely no problems. Today, I’m experiencing exactly the same issue as you are! Red light pulsing, and none of the buttons responding. Even the hard restart of Power and Next held simultaneously, does nothing. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Thanks,

Dan

Mar 10, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #1,813 of 1,845
Hi,

I’ve had myN7 for around a year - with absolutely no problems. Today, I’m experiencing exactly the same issue as you are! Red light pulsing, and none of the buttons responding. Even the hard restart of Power and Next held simultaneously, does nothing. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Thanks,

Dan
Same. It's super weird. I tried the android hard restart as well. @Andykong , let us know if there's coming fix for this. I just simply put into a USB charger.

Mar 10, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #1,814 of 1,845
Something really wrong with the N7 software today with 58% battery mine just froze mid song the screen wouldn't turn on the power button was unresponsive and it took over 45 mins to actually reboot it then the cayin player keeps freezing with volume control unresponsive( just like the Hiby R6 111 which leads me to think its the Hiby base software). For the money laid out kits not great. Everything was fine before the 1.4 firmware uodates. This needs fixing. As an owner of the N3pro which has zero issues I was contemplating getting the new N3 ultra but these repetitive issues with the N7 a £1400 device it's really putting me off

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back