Cayin N7: A Voyager of Unexplored Frontier
Mar 20, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #1,831 of 1,845
HELP! @Andykong my N7 discharged fully overnight now when I plug charger in nothing no charging light won't turn on I'm hoping there's trick to revive it Don't want an expensive brick

I'm presuming it discharged it had 80% battery when I turned it off now just nothing.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #1,833 of 1,845
@Andykong
Any chance that N7 next firmware can have system wide PEQ like Hiby recently has done so for the R6Pro2 firmware update?
I am sure many people would want to have system wide PEQ on their N7...
Thanks
I will add that the PEQ in the Hiby app on the N7 has made a huge difference for me, and has helped unlock amazing sound. To have that systemwide would be pretty cool.

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #1,834 of 1,845
Upgraditis got me, from N6ii to N7
IMG_20240325_100947.jpg

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #1,835 of 1,845
couple of hours listening N7, i can feel this is clear sonic upgrade from N6ii E02,
i can even hear sound that i didn't notice from my music before
one thing bothers me though, why is there no quick charging on N7

Apr 10, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #1,836 of 1,845
I’m in the market for a good DAP (currently using Hiby R6) and looks like N7 is a good choice but after reading this thread it seems like a lot of users here are having issues which is making me nervous like WiFi stopping working etc. Do you guys still recommend this DAP or is it better to wait for the next iteration?

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #1,837 of 1,845
I’m in the market for a good DAP (currently using Hiby R6) and looks like N7 is a good choice but after reading this thread it seems like a lot of users here are having issues which is making me nervous like WiFi stopping working etc. Do you guys still recommend this DAP or is it better to wait for the next iteration?
Based on personal experience I can still recommend it. Having no issues currently.

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #1,838 of 1,845
I can definitely recommend this dap. I love this thing and have had zero issues. I don’t recall reading of widespread issues for the N7. The price is less than it was at release. The other dap I’d possibly consider in a similar price range is the R8ii but it’s a little bigger and heavier. Both are highly engineered with custom and unique discrete DAC and A/AB amplifier circuitry. Even though Cayin players use HiBy’s OS, HiBy reserves the cool tweakable systemwide functions (MSEB, PEQ, plugins) for its own players.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #1,839 of 1,845
Once you ditch the Cayin music app and just use full blown hiby app it's superb and highly recommended

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #1,840 of 1,845
I would definitely recommend the N7, it is absolutely amazing for what it offers! Especially as it would now be available for a lower price on market. In terms of issues, I don’t think software issues are unique to the N7 per se, more so most recent DAPs that have newer versions of android seem to have some small hiccups here and there. I don’t believe the software is as optimised as it was for previous devices fixed on android 8. However, most issues seem to have been patched with software updates, and for peace of mind I would highly rate the customer support available from Cayin for their devices and their is a guarantee on them in the worst case. Though I doubt there would be many such cases and not everyone who has the device would be vocal about good performance on a forum like this and that does skew perception.

Apr 10, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #1,842 of 1,845
ShyamS

As others have noted the N7 HW is great, and using its Line Out Mode, even beats their newly released IDAP8 for desktop systems when usng the Cayin/Hiby App.

I've loaded and been using Neutron on this and an N30LE and will continue to do so, as the gap between the IDAP-8 and the N7 narrows on the IDAP8 quite a bit when Neutron Player is used (as Neutron has a lot of configurable items to get the best out of EACH HW platform). Also setting up playlists, and moving files is easier with Neutron Player

Buy the N7 with confidence as IMO, it has some of the best sound out, rivaling the N30LE (with Neutron Player).

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 1:13 AM Post #1,844 of 1,845
I connected my Cayin N7 to my Macbook Pro M3 Max using the Cayin branded USB cable, put USB on no charge, the Cayin activates as a DAC but does not work with iTunes, if I put Audiorvana on the music files at 44 KHz they sound very bad, there interruptions are frequent and the song feels like a fast-spinning record. What should I do, I'm desperate, my Latoo dongle, however, works great with Mac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back