Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Dec 5, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #7,936 of 8,192
@Andykong any news about N6ii successor?
Will you stay with N8ii only on 2023?

Dec 5, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #7,937 of 8,192
@Andykong any news about N6ii successor?
Will you stay with N8ii only on 2023?
Definitely something in between N8ii and N3Pro down the road, that's a natural business development, but we are not promising an N6ii successor, let's see what's going to happen down the road.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 5, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #7,938 of 8,192
Have a regular n6ii with A01, just bought titanium version on ebay from Japan, will I have any issues with Google Play store? Someone mentioned about Chinese ones having issues with that?

The N6ii sold through our Japan dealer had Google Play pre-installed, but we can't be sure whether you are buying an official Japan release based on your description. Anything can happen on eBay second hand market.

Dec 6, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #7,939 of 8,192
Definitely something in between N8ii and N3Pro down the road, that's a natural business development, but we are not promising an N6ii successor, let's see what's going to happen down the road.
Thank you for your answer, do you think will be released before summer?

Dec 6, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #7,940 of 8,192

Dec 12, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #7,942 of 8,192
May be good question

Dec 12, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #7,943 of 8,192
It doesn’t affect sound since the power delivered to the motherboards ain’t controlled by the os, just like dongles, the battery feeds it but the power its not registered by the os, if it was that way i would see tidal/ uapp using the 40/ 50% battery usage i put on em in the battery management section. my 2 cents

Jan 2, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #7,944 of 8,192
Happy New Year! I read pages 450 to 530. Thank you for your posts and sharing information. I'll summarize what I've learned.

- Dead n6ii might be resolved by holding the power button for 15 – 30 seconds. This fix is for Qualcomm protective mode.
- Dead n6ii on charger for 10 minutes might get warm. If so, it is NOT a Qualcomm protective mode problem. A slow charger (say, a USB 2.0 port on a laptop) for 30 minutes or so can cause the n6ii to start working again.
- Dead n6ii might be a loose cable or a bad screen. A blank screen but backlight at the edges can indicate the unit is ok, but the screen is bad. If so, the unit needs to be sent to Cayin for repair.
- A few on this forum have had problems with n6ii. But it seems to be a reliable design and build. (I've had my n6ii for about 18 months and have never had a problem.)
- Battery might be replaced relatively simply at a local phone service center. The replacement includes using heat and suction cup to remove the back panel. The battery can also be replaced by sending the n6ii to the place of purchase and/or the Cayin factory, but it can take several weeks to clear customs. (I leave mine on the charger when I'm not using it. Others prove a user should charge the battery to only 80%. The Accubattery third party app says I have a healthy battery. I won't try to speculate further.)
- Chinese firmware does not have Google Play and cannot be upgraded to the international firmware. This is an Android issue and not Cayin.
- n6ii and R01 can drive the Cayin C9 if the C9 is configured to "Pre" mode. (I use medium gain for the n6ii and low gain for the c9. This is easy and has been a game changer for me. Great sound! The detail, impact, and separation are increased without increasing the volume. A feeling of being in the room with the musicians is enhanced.)
- The n6ii and R01 should sound about the same as the Titanium version. At least, I did not read otherwise.
- Andy can't help us with predicting unannounced product. He is a nice guy, but he can't say :) The front page of Head-Fi.com will say soon enough. Maybe Q1 or Q2, 2023?
- Wiring and grounding are beyond my ability to summarize. Thank you to each who have contributed. In short, I use my units as portable units and not desktops. I do not charge the battery and listen at the same time.

I know this hobby thrives on having the latest and greatest. The sp2000, M15, n8, n8ii, RS06, RS08 and others have great features and very good sound. I really liked the sp2000cu sound until I got my R01. The E02 wasn't to my taste for jazz, but it is great for other music. The n6ii and R01 sound (plus C9 amp when I am not mobile) are great for me. If I listened to other music, I might use a different motherboard. That said, I do not plan on using the A02 with the C9. The R01 is very good for me, and the C9 (pre-mode) lifts it further.

I hope my summary is accurate and my opinions not too far off. If clarifications or corrections are needed, please update the thread or PM me.

Jan 2, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #7,945 of 8,192
Happy New Year! I read pages 450 to 530. Thank you for your posts and sharing information. I'll summarize what I've learned.

- Dead n6ii might be resolved by holding the power button for 15 – 30 seconds. This fix is for Qualcomm protective mode.
- Dead n6ii on charger for 10 minutes might get warm. If so, it is NOT a Qualcomm protective mode problem. A slow charger (say, a USB 2.0 port on a laptop) for 30 minutes or so can cause the n6ii to start working again.
- Dead n6ii might be a loose cable or a bad screen. A blank screen but backlight at the edges can indicate the unit is ok, but the screen is bad. If so, the unit needs to be sent to Cayin for repair.
- A few on this forum have had problems with n6ii. But it seems to be a reliable design and build. (I've had my n6ii for about 18 months and have never had a problem.)
- Battery might be replaced relatively simply at a local phone service center. The replacement includes using heat and suction cup to remove the back panel. The battery can also be replaced by sending the n6ii to the place of purchase and/or the Cayin factory, but it can take several weeks to clear customs. (I leave mine on the charger when I'm not using it. Others prove a user should charge the battery to only 80%. The Accubattery third party app says I have a healthy battery. I won't try to speculate further.)
- Chinese firmware does not have Google Play and cannot be upgraded to the international firmware. This is an Android issue and not Cayin.
- n6ii and R01 can drive the Cayin C9 if the C9 is configured to "Pre" mode. (I use medium gain for the n6ii and low gain for the c9. This is easy and has been a game changer for me. Great sound! The detail, impact, and separation are increased without increasing the volume. A feeling of being in the room with the musicians is enhanced.)
- The n6ii and R01 should sound about the same as the Titanium version. At least, I did not read otherwise.
- Andy can't help us with predicting unannounced product. He is a nice guy, but he can't say :) The front page of Head-Fi.com will say soon enough. Maybe Q1 or Q2, 2023?
- Wiring and grounding are beyond my ability to summarize. Thank you to each who have contributed. In short, I use my units as portable units and not desktops. I do not charge the battery and listen at the same time.

I know this hobby thrives on having the latest and greatest. The sp2000, M15, n8, n8ii, RS06, RS08 and others have great features and very good sound. I really liked the sp2000cu sound until I got my R01. The E02 wasn't to my taste for jazz, but it is great for other music. The n6ii and R01 sound (plus C9 amp when I am not mobile) are great for me. If I listened to other music, I might use a different motherboard. That said, I do not plan on using the A02 with the C9. The R01 is very good for me, and the C9 (pre-mode) lifts it further.

I hope my summary is accurate and my opinions not too far off. If clarifications or corrections are needed, please update the thread or PM me.

This is a very good trouble-shooting summary :beerchug:

My lips are tight with the forthcoming products, but obviously, we are cooking something. The N8ii was debuted at CanJam New York 2022 and we didn't have any portable product since then, so yes, it about time to anticipate something is happening.

Jan 10, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #7,946 of 8,192
I have picked up a N6ii but am unable to install Qobuz from the Google Play Store, all I get is an error 'Cant Download Qubuz', is this to be expected or if not how can I get Qobuz on here?

/Update - I installed APKPure and installed it via that method, I presume thats just how its done.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #7,947 of 8,192
I have picked up a N6ii but am unable to install Qobuz from the Google Play Store, all I get is an error 'Cant Download Qubuz', is this to be expected or if not how can I get Qobuz on here?

/Update - I installed APKPure and installed it via that method, I presume thats just how its done.
The last time I installed Qubuz it worked OK for me and no I didn't install APKPure.

Jan 15, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #7,948 of 8,192
Cayin's 2023 Chinese New Year Holiday Announcement

The Chinese New Year is around the corner, and all teams in Cayin will have their yearly holiday starting 14th January 2023, and we shall resume operation on 30th January 2023.

All members of Cayin wish everyone an amazing Year of the Rabbit.

Chinese New Year 2023.jpg

Jan 22, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #7,950 of 8,192
Bluetooth Question: Hey all. I just upgraded my Fiio X7 MK2 (that unit got all sorts of usage over the past 5 years) to the Cayin N6ii/E01.. and what a massive upgrade!!! Question: I am using BW PI7 as my wireless option. And Apple Music download as my source music. I usually am running Meze Solo or IMR Dark Matter or LCD 1 out of my Cayin.. and running my PI7s off my Apple Phone w/ACC Codex. Well imagine my joy when my Cayin started sending AptxHD to my PI7s.. But.. alas.. I cannot figure out how to ”balance“ out my wireless off Bluetooth. Help!! … I have explored around the unit, but cannot figure out a way to “balance” off the bluetooth signal. Many thanks in advance!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back