Feb 22, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #7,966 of 8,195

Attachments

• 20230223_112935.jpg
    20230223_112935.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #7,969 of 8,195
Mar 5, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #7,970 of 8,195
Well, I sold my N6ii a while ago when I had both the LP6Ti and the LP6Pro. But I sold the Pro and found I was missing my Cayin. A used Ti version came up at a good price here and I pounced. I'm happy again!
What I want to ask you all is what is the best app to use for listening on this thing, the Hiby app or ??? Is there another with better UI or sound quality? Thanks all.

Mar 5, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #7,971 of 8,195
Well, I sold my N6ii a while ago when I had both the LP6Ti and the LP6Pro. But I sold the Pro and found I was missing my Cayin. A used Ti version came up at a good price here and I pounced. I'm happy again!
What I want to ask you all is what is the best app to use for listening on this thing, the Hiby app or ??? Is there another with better UI or sound quality? Thanks all.
The cayin R01 is my LP backup, but hardly a backup. SQ wise, it stands up just fine and is a great machine with everything the LP doesn't have.

Mar 5, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #7,972 of 8,195
The cayin R01 is my LP backup, but hardly a backup. SQ wise, it stands up just fine and is a great machine with everything the LP doesn't have.
USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP)- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro&hl=en_US&gl=US&pli=1. N6ii and N8 (i and ii I think) are supported. Free to install on Google Play store but some in-app purchases, in particular MQA unfolding applet (if that matters to you). It has its own thread on the Forum here (383 pages and still going!).

Mar 6, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #7,973 of 8,195
Mar 6, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #7,974 of 8,195
Why is this better than the Cayin or Hiby apps which are pre installed?
The Cayin app is essentially the Hiby app just has a different front end label.

Re UAPP

Most of the comments below were initially provided by @gLer in his review of the Hiby R8 elsewhere on the Forum but in my experience they apply also in N6ii although it uses Android 8 rather than 9.

UAPP maximizes the power and potential of the N6ii as an open, optimised Android DAP. As a native Android player with built-in Play Store support, you have access to any of the major streaming apps also including Tidal (which I personally use), Qobuz, Amazon HD, Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube Music, among others. If any of these apps support offline playback on Android, you’ll be able to use that feature with the N6ii and even choose where to store your offline files (internal storage or SD card).

Without going into great detail, I’ve listed the main the reasons I prefer UAPP to any other music app below:
  • It supports bitperfect, native Hi-Res playback, bypassing Android’s limited audio layer and interfacing directly with the DACs in the N6ii
  • It’s is a very mature, very responsive and very stable application, with a clean, uncluttered, modern interface (including nifty features like background colours that match the cover art of the playing album), lock screen controls, and refined English-accurate menu and navigation structure.
  • It features superb media management, including automatic updates to the main library when adding or removing music files, metadata editing, extensive album art support regardless of file type, and finely-tuned sorting capabilities, including Album Artist that many OEM music apps still seem to lack.
  • It’s fast, very fast. Everything from loading your library to playback to scrolling and database updates is superbly optimized on the N6ii
  • It’s versatile. UAPP integrates Tidal (with full 16x MQA support), Qobuz and YouTube Music, giving you access to your favourite streaming service with its native playback engine. It also features advanced playback controls and effects, including optional ToneBoosters professional PEQ, Crossfeed and Morphit plugins.
  • It’s scalable. UAPP supports playback using external DACs, which turns the R8 into a high-end digital source for your desktop system, but also supports built-in DLNA and network music playback support, so you can access any of your local shares (including Plex libraries) directly from the UAPP interface.
Suffice it to say, UAPP helps me make the most of the N6ii’s audio hardware and networking features and turns it into a fully-fledged music playback and management system second-to-none

Mar 6, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #7,975 of 8,195
Thank you jlemaster1957 !!!! This was the best $8.50 I've EVER spent in portable audio. Literally transformed the sound of the lovely N6iiTi (R01)..... I'm dumbstruck. I takes the sound of the Cayin much closer to L&P territory. Anybody listening, this is a total no brainer! Buy this app.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #7,976 of 8,195
i use uapp it gives the best sound quality

Mar 10, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #7,977 of 8,195

Re UAPP

Most of the comments below were initially provided by @gLer in his review of the Hiby R8 elsewhere on the Forum but in my experience they apply also in N6ii although it uses Android 8 rather than 9.

UAPP maximizes the power and potential of the N6ii as an open, optimised Android DAP. As a native Android player with built-in Play Store support, you have access to any of the major streaming apps also including Tidal (which I personally use), Qobuz, Amazon HD, Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube Music, among others. If any of these apps support offline playback on Android, you’ll be able to use that feature with the N6ii and even choose where to store your offline files (internal storage or SD card).

Without going into great detail, I’ve listed the main the reasons I prefer UAPP to any other music app below:
  • It supports bitperfect, native Hi-Res playback, bypassing Android’s limited audio layer and interfacing directly with the DACs in the N6ii
  • It’s is a very mature, very responsive and very stable application, with a clean, uncluttered, modern interface (including nifty features like background colours that match the cover art of the playing album), lock screen controls, and refined English-accurate menu and navigation structure.
  • It features superb media management, including automatic updates to the main library when adding or removing music files, metadata editing, extensive album art support regardless of file type, and finely-tuned sorting capabilities, including Album Artist that many OEM music apps still seem to lack.
  • It’s fast, very fast. Everything from loading your library to playback to scrolling and database updates is superbly optimized on the N6ii
  • It’s versatile. UAPP integrates Tidal (with full 16x MQA support), Qobuz and YouTube Music, giving you access to your favourite streaming service with its native playback engine. It also features advanced playback controls and effects, including optional ToneBoosters professional PEQ, Crossfeed and Morphit plugins.
  • It’s scalable. UAPP supports playback using external DACs, which turns the R8 into a high-end digital source for your desktop system, but also supports built-in DLNA and network music playback support, so you can access any of your local shares (including Plex libraries) directly from the UAPP interface.
Suffice it to say, UAPP helps me make the most of the N6ii’s audio hardware and networking features and turns it into a fully-fledged music playback and management system second-to-none
uapp is good but sometimes it makes a crackling sound at the beginning of each song

Mar 10, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #7,978 of 8,195

Re UAPP

Yeah, you convinced me to go for the pro version as I was too intrigued. Using it right now and super impressed! I wonder if I can import the playlists from the cayin app.

Mar 10, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #7,980 of 8,195
uapp is good but sometimes it makes a crackling sound at the beginning of each song
I never experienced that BUT it does sometimes unexpectedly crash if it is one of the apps your DAP includes under ‘battery management’, which should be turned off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back