Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Apr 27, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #7,786 of 8,194
originally made for the a02, this portable amp pairs surprisingly very well with the r01!
I'm pretty sure this is double amping, but the sound quality speaks for itself, takes the r01 to the next level :D now i'm seriously wondering about it's performance with the A02
Interesting. What is it?

Apr 27, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #7,787 of 8,194
Interesting. What is it?
It's called DGEHPA-A02, picked it up from a fellow head fier, I think the amp maker that made these discontinued the line due to having issues with parts.
This amp was made to be paired with the A02 on pre-amp to give it a portable option, which is pretty awesome, i didn't really expect much of it paired with the r01 but here we are :D

Apr 27, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #7,788 of 8,194
It's called DGEHPA-A02, picked it up from a fellow head fier, I think the amp maker that made these discontinued the line due to having issues with parts.
This amp was made to be paired with the A02 on pre-amp to give it a portable option, which is pretty awesome, i didn't really expect much of it paired with the r01 but here we are :D
Colour me intrigued. I like the design. Where's it from China, Hong Kong?

More broadly, after some years of use and with all the attention now on N8ii, the N6ii continues to hit all the marks for me. You have modules for varying tastes and the ability to scale up when in external amp mode. A02 and E02 are mutually edifying in this sense. Plus, the R01/IE900 is probably the best example of synergy I've ever encountered. Keeper.

Apr 27, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #7,789 of 8,194

More broadly, after some years of use and with all the attention now on N8ii, the N6ii continues to hit all the marks for me. You have modules for varying tastes and the ability to scale up when in external amp mode. A02 and E02 are mutually edifying in this sense. Plus, the R01/IE900 is probably the best example of synergy I've ever encountered. Keeper.
the only result i get from searching it's name is a twitter user named "DgE. Digi-gen Engineering", seems to be japanese.

i've been excited about the n8ii too but using the n6ii Ti r01 and reading reviews i couldn't justify the price as i was satisfied with the n6ii.. then came the amp, i didn't know i was missing it until i tried it, i think the level of sound quality jumped to around ifi Diablo, from memory, the diablo had a more precise imaging, better layering, far bigger staging, and a faster sound, and this amp basically adds these benefits onto the r01's r2r sound and creates a mishmash of both.
tonality is the biggest difference now between this combo and the diablo.

Apr 27, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #7,790 of 8,194

If I remember it right, the DGEHPA-A02 is offered by a Japanese boutique shop. We are honored that someone like our product that much that they developed an amplifier exclusively for N6ii.

The N8ii and N6ii are extreme engineerings under different assumptions. There is no right or wrong on the issue of flexibility vs quality. In fact, Cayin has applied the same thinking and developed the HA-300 (now MK2) and HA-6A tube headphone amplifiers. The HA-300 is like N8ii: the best sound from Cayin audio engineering. The HA-6A is like N6ii, very flexible with selectable output tubes and a choice of Triode and Ultralinear modes.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 27, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #7,791 of 8,194
If I remember it right, the DGEHPA-A02 is offered by a Japanese boutique shop. We are honored that someone like our product that much that they developed an amplifier exclusively for N6ii.

The N8ii and N6ii are extreme engineerings under different assumptions. There is no right or wrong on the issue of flexibility vs quality. In fact, Cayin has applied the same thinking and developed the HA-300 (now MK2) and HA-6A tube headphone amplifiers. The HA-300 is like N8ii: the best sound from Cayin audio engineering. The HA-6A is like N6ii, very flexible with selectable output tubes and a choice of Triode and Ultralinear modes.
do you know the name of the japanese boutique shop by any chance?

Apr 27, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #7,792 of 8,194

Marvellous. I will track this down. I have a particular love for boutique Japanese designs like this.

You're right - and a nice analogy, indeed. You can't go wrong with either!

Apr 27, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #7,796 of 8,194
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 27, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #7,797 of 8,194
if you find them please let me know, and if you get one please let me know how it pairs with the a02! super intrigued about this
Well, I heard from the chap behind DIGI-GEN. Alas, the news was not my desired outcome...

Screenshot 2022-04-27 203730.png

If anyone wants to sell me their DGEHPA-A02, then I happily listen with attentive ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back