Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jul 5, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #6,661 of 8,191
Has anyone noticed "scheduled power off" getting disabled after the restart? Is there a way to keep this setting?

This is like a SLEEP function, we program this feature to reset after power off and this is the common practise of SLEEP. If we don't do that, it will automatically power off every hour (or half an hour, depends on the timer you set up).

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 5, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #6,662 of 8,191
@gonzfi: Let me return to the Qobuz Android App issues with v6 you reported. Cf. here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...ly-modularized-smart-dap.904153/post-16437754

I am a day older now, and I think I am prepared now to install an app from APKMirror or APKPure.

Thus I decided to take the plunge and install v6 as you did. Of course, boom, same catastrophe as you experienced.

In the meantime, I have reported my/our findings on the Audiophile Style Official Qobuz Issues Thread:
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/...issues-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1145512

I hope for a solution from Qobuz as soon as possible.

In case you want to help, you might add a supporting ”Me too“ post on AS.

I am also kindly asking our fellow Qobuz users here to check the behavior of Version 6 on their devices. Be aware: The App most probably will be unusable thereafter, you would have to wait for a fix or reinstall the Q App from an APK store via sideloading.

Even more useful: In case you have another DAP besides the N6ii, it would be highly welcome if you could check v6 on that one, too.

EDIT: I discovered two posts on the Qobuz thread here on Head-Fi, cf. the links on AS.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #6,663 of 8,191
Hi. Browsing the thread I assume there's no issue with login to apple account with n6ii. Anyone want to share your experience with apple music app installed in N6ii and playing lossless? Playback is smooth? Sound? My use case is to connect to amp other than portable.

Thanks.

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #6,666 of 8,191
Hi. Browsing the thread I assume there's no issue with login to apple account with n6ii. Anyone want to share your experience with apple music app installed in N6ii and playing lossless? Playback is smooth? Sound? My use case is to connect to amp other than portable.

Thanks.
Hi! A am using AM via beta tester google account. Experience is positive, there is some bugs, but they updating app quite often to eliminate issues. I can assume that when it will be issued officially in Play store it should be a good alternative to Tidal. But at the moment I am preferring tidal Masters over beta Apple Music. Let’s see - I hope that Apple will fix all issues before realizing.

Jul 7, 2021 at 3:47 AM Post #6,667 of 8,191
@gonzfi: Let me return to the Qobuz Android App issues with v6 you reported. Cf. here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...ly-modularized-smart-dap.904153/post-16437754

I am a day older now, and I think I am prepared now to install an app from APKMirror or APKPure.

Thus I decided to take the plunge and install v6 as you did. Of course, boom, same catastrophe as you experienced.

In the meantime, I have reported my/our findings on the Audiophile Style Official Qobuz Issues Thread:
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/...issues-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1145512

I hope for a solution from Qobuz as soon as possible.

In case you want to help, you might add a supporting ”Me too“ post on AS.

I am also kindly asking our fellow Qobuz users here to check the behavior of Version 6 on their devices. Be aware: The App most probably will be unusable thereafter, you would have to wait for a fix or reinstall the Q App from an APK store via sideloading.

Even more useful: In case you have another DAP besides the N6ii, it would be highly welcome if you could check v6 on that one, too.

EDIT: I discovered two posts on the Qobuz thread here on Head-Fi, cf. the links on AS.
Good work my friend. I have tried the Qobuz update on my ibasso dx300 and works fine. I suspect it is the android version running on the n6ii that causes the problem. It would be interesting to see if there are any other DAPs using the same version of android and testing those. And also Shanling DAPs which use an even older version.

Jul 7, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #6,670 of 8,191
Swapped out the R01 back to the E02 for the 1st time since it arrived. Interesting thing is doing it this way around im now hearing more of difference between the two? The bass now seems noticeably stronger on the E02 than before even though im using the same IEM's, songs and same volume settings. It also now seems to highlight now how smooth the R01 is.

Not sure if it could it be power differences between the two boards making the volume higher/lower or if it's just synergy with the IEM's. The R01 has a few more hours on the clock now. Perhaps that's the difference?

Who knows

Jul 7, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #6,671 of 8,191
Good work my friend. I have tried the Qobuz update on my ibasso dx300 and works fine. I suspect it is the android version running on the n6ii that causes the problem. It would be interesting to see if there are any other DAPs using the same version of android and testing those. And also Shanling DAPs which use an even older version.
Dear @gonzfi, may I ask whether you are really sure that the latest Qobuz Android App v6.0.1.0 works on the iBasso DX300? Please make sure you are playing a HiRes track that ”you have never played“, i.e. one that is NOT sitting in the cache yet. Please also try to clear the cache, which I couldn‘t do (N6ii here). We had amassed a number of users experiencing all same a.m. issues, with N6ii, DX300, M11 Pro; various Android version (8.1 and 9, at least). Thanks for your help.

Jul 7, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #6,672 of 8,191
Indeed you are right, it isn't working properly. Sorry I hadn't checked properly. Plenty of high res stuff is not playing at all. Randomly I tried a Joni Mitchell new release and that did work (192khz file). Haven't done extensive checks but definitely not right. Qobuz appears to have made a massive balls up with this latest release.

Jul 7, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #6,673 of 8,191
Any idea when US distributors will have the next shipment of R01 motherboard DAC for N6ii?
I just purchased an R-01 on pre-order from Musicteck ( US distributor). Andrew from Musicteck said that a shipment of R-01’s is supposed to ship from China on July 15 and ship out from them to customers around July 20. Hope this helps.

Jul 8, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #6,674 of 8,191
Which over-ear headphones are you guys using with the R01 that provide great synergy and excellent sound quality? I'm looking to buy a set of over-ears to that will go well with the R01. I currently have Beyer T5p Gen2 but I'm looking for something more travel-oriented (i.e. not so big!).

Jul 8, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #6,675 of 8,191
Which over-ear headphones are you guys using with the R01 that provide great synergy and excellent sound quality? I'm looking to buy a set of over-ears to that will go well with the R01. I currently have Beyer T5p Gen2 but I'm looking for something more travel-oriented (i.e. not so big!).
WP900 work very well. I would also suggest the excellent and overlooked JVC HA-SW01 but no one seems to be interested in them for some odd reason. A shame. In fact, their tonality is not totally dissimilar to T5p, so check 'em out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back