Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jan 8, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #3,406 of 8,196
Jan 8, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #3,407 of 8,196
I bought idsd micro black label (in addition to n6ii, to replace T01:slight_smile:).
As a DAP on the go - A01 is more than enough.
I like the A01, also the ifi Bl .

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #3,409 of 8,196
Neutron is the best android app when it comes to EQ. or LPGT. Cowon is as good but you are limited to fixed frequency bands and Q values.

Another good option for those who want to tweak the bass but don't want to bother with the science of PEQ is MSEB sound tuning built into Hiby Music player. It's actually based on Parametric EQ and quite effective. The funny thing, while many turn to MSEB to boost the bass, I'm the opposite, using it to turn the bass down when listening to Legend X :D

Jan 8, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #3,410 of 8,196
Another good option for those who want to tweak the bass but don't want to bother with the science of PEQ is MSEB sound tuning built into Hiby Music player. It's actually based on Parametric EQ and quite effective. The funny thing, while many turn to MSEB to boost the bass, I'm the opposite, using it to turn the bass down when listening to Legend X :D
Ooo , less respect now.

Jan 8, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #3,411 of 8,196
"turn the bass of LX down" :frowning2: :frowning2:

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #3,412 of 8,196
Ooo , less respect now.

you have a funny way of showing that, bud, by Liking my post above :p

But yeah, I know, people get LX specifically for the bass. I appreciate the slam, but my ears can't handle it in a long run. So, just call me a bass wimp :D

Jan 8, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #3,413 of 8,196
Tempted by the E01. May I fish for more impression of E01 from owners after some use? Decent overall battery run fun time?

I like it very much and I do still get reasonable battery life, a day or maybe two for my usage.

Is it better than the A01 module that my N6ii came with? Maybe. I like the fact that messing around with various balanced cable plug options is something I don't have to worry about at the moment.

I'm mainly sticking to class "A" output. All my IEM's sound great with it, se846, UE18+ Pro, DK4001Pro and others. Currently in my ears the iBasso IT01s the sound is very nice to me all these are with their stock cables.

I have the Bayerdynamic T5P Gen 2 as well, that's a very nice listen with the E01.

Not sure if its the E01 or just my current preference but I've swapped back to foam tips for a while anyway I prefer these for comfort and fit and I don't feel like they are upsetting the sound balance too much with the E01.

I haven't had the urge to swap back to the A01 audio motherboard since I got the E01, so I haven't done a recent comparison between the two modules I own.

Jan 8, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #3,415 of 8,196
Received my N6ii today. Unboxing impressions: missing 4.4mm adapter, screen protector is installed very poorly and the case? Haha, probably the worst case I’ve ever seen. So ugly looking. Anyway, hope the sound impressions will be better than this... One thing I noticed in Cayin app, when playing an album, there is no number of the current playing song and the total number of the album songs displayed. That’s really weird...

Jan 8, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #3,416 of 8,196
Received my N6ii today. Unboxing impressions: missing 4.4mm adapter, screen protector is installed very poorly and the case? Haha, probably the worst case I’ve ever seen. So ugly looking. Anyway, hope the sound impressions will be better than this... One thing I noticed in Cayin app, when playing an album, there is no number of the current playing song and the total number of the album songs displayed. That’s really weird...

you bought it new?

Jan 8, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #3,419 of 8,196
I would talk to your dealer about that. Sounds used to me. Should 100% come with the 4.4 adapter and I’m fairly certain the screen protector doesn’t come pre applied but I got my N6ii when it was first released last year so things may have changed since then.
I’m sure the screen protector should be installed. There is also a spare one in the package. This is a new unit, I’m sure about that, however the case... It’s so ugly. Ordered the Dignis case immediately. The dealer has already sent me the adaptor but still, my unboxing expectations were a bit higher...

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #3,420 of 8,196
Agreed with the above. My other issue with this is that the screen protector doesn’t properly fit the front and accommodate for the curvature of the screen, which means you have an entire line at the edge which cannot simply make full contact and shows as a long bubble.

So it either needs to be a protector that’s slightly smaller than the original (so that it doesn’t begin to hit the curved edge and lose contact), or there needs to be a curved screen protector for this DAP...I can’t see the protector staying on their long/not letting dust in eventually with the entire side.

I’d love to just be able to carry this around without a case and just 2 screen protectors. It has a nice feel to it despite (or considering) the weight ahah.

Anyways, anyone find a good quality screen protector that fits the front properly?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back