Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Dec 23, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #3,152 of 8,211
I think we need to distinguish between powerful presentation and driving capability.

The T01 definitely has better driving and control capability over E01, but the E01 offers very power presentation when you have the right combination.

For instance, I have tried E01 with Focal Stella , sound good to me with simple instrument and vocal on Class A, but need to push to limit at Class AB when I put on more demanding tracks. Dynamic and soundstage are very good but slightly lacking on punch or hammering of the lowest octave in piano solo.

E1 Focal Stella.jpg

On the other hand, even when switch to Class AB high gain, E01 is still less than marginal with Final Audio E5000, listenable, enjoyable, but not at its best. A01 and T01 will do better relatively.

E01 Final E5000.jpg

Please be reminded I am only commenting on the driving capability, not the tonal characteristic, I'll lets users and reviewers comment on the subjective impression.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 23, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #3,153 of 8,211
Dec 23, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #3,154 of 8,211
I'll make sure to share, soon, very soon if all is well

I’ll look forward to it. I have the A01 so I’m interested to see if I can see comparisons to E01.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #3,159 of 8,211
or any hint what the next motherboard will be ?

Let’s get some more people impressions with E01 :p

That’s quite a cycle of motherboard release this past few months, not sure I would expect something already and the next one might take time...

E01 is probably the most special motherboard aside from a NuTube one if we ever see that... others could be indeed latest DACs from AK. I’d rather wait than get something too redundant. Something along the lines of full FPGA is certainly something I’d love to see but I know it’s a huge endeavor so...

Dec 23, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #3,160 of 8,211
@Andykong

Any chance of a DAC/Amp module built off the AK4499, coming in 2020?

I have mentioned this in other Cayin thread previously. Cayin only disclose product information when we have completed the R&D process and the product has been submitted to Production team for supply chain and production engineering refinement, that is 2 months before launch because that's normally the time we need to wait for all the components ready through Supply Chain. N8 was disclosed 3 months before market launch because it is the most complicated one as the production engineering refinement took longer then regular product. The Audio Motherboard is relatively simple, so we can provide some information at 1 month before launch.

So, no comment on long term plan of Audio Motherboard. :beerchug:

Dec 24, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #3,161 of 8,211
Cayin N6ii has just been awarded the Best All-round DAP of 2019 by Headfonia

https://www.headfonia.com/hfn-2019-awards/2/

headfonia_award_2019_blacktext_withBackground.jpg
upload_2019-12-24_18-11-17.png

Review: Cayin Audio N6ii

We sincerely appreciate Headfonia's recognition of our N6ii as a remarkable DAP in 2019, and we definitely will try out best to make this not just a better DAP but a "crazy" audiophile platform to all portable audio users. The N6ii is the first ever portable player that allow the users to experience AKM/PCM/ESS DAC, discrete components, pure Class A, and parallel amplification in one system, and there are more to come in foreseeable future.

Cayin N6ii offers Unlimited Possibilities

Last edited:

Dec 24, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #3,163 of 8,211
20191224_133218.jpg
Just got mine today and found out that the unit is defective out of the box. There is opening on the lower backside of the player, looks like something to do with the glue not holding the back cover properly.

I have sent them back to my local dealer to get a replacement.

Dec 24, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #3,164 of 8,211
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191224232356431_COVER.jpg

Been considering the N6II for awhile now and finally bit the bullet today, after hearing the E01 module. Through my Hidition NT6, this module is quite a departure from A01 and T01. There is still a slight warmth to the sound to keep things musical but what hits you immediately is how clean and airy it sounds. Then there's the soundstage - both deep and wide, with so much space given to each instrument to be distinctly separated. The sound is towards the analytical side but I don't mean that it sounds sterile, it just let's you hear everything so effortlessly. It reminds me of iFi's micro iDSD black label - immensely dynamic and clean.

I grew up listening to the track in the picture through a CD player but somehow the DAPs I have used could never give me that same "feeling". I have been listening to it over and over again through the E01 and it's perfect. Could be new toy syndrome but I'm in love with this player. Can't wait to hear how it sounds once it is fully burned in.

Dec 24, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #3,165 of 8,211

Been considering the N6II for awhile now and finally bit the bullet today, after hearing the E01 module. Through my Hidition NT6, this module is quite a departure from A01 and T01. There is still a slight warmth to the sound to keep things musical but what hits you immediately is how clean and airy it sounds. Then there's the soundstage - both deep and wide, with so much space given to each instrument to be distinctly separated. The sound is towards the analytical side but I don't mean that it sounds sterile, it just let's you hear everything so effortlessly. It reminds me of iFi's micro iDSD black label - immensely dynamic and clean.

I grew up listening to the track in the picture through a CD player but somehow the DAPs I have used could never give me that same "feeling". I have been listening to it over and over again through the E01 and it's perfect. Could be new toy syndrome but I'm in love with this player. Can't wait to hear how it sounds once it is fully burned in.
Seems the further we reach the closer we come full circle to where we began , but with 20k less in the bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back