Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Oct 15, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #2,131 of 8,191
I didn’t say that N6ii doesn’t sound good. Who knows after Cayin comes out the E01!
In the moment to my ears DX220 with amp9 is my best portable system. Of course, I am listening both system right now not to compare but to enjoy them.:L3000:
Dx220 UI is slow.

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #2,133 of 8,191
Oct 15, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #2,134 of 8,191
Any of you guys using amazon music HD with the N6ii? The app says the device is only capable of 24-bit, 44.1k. Maybe I'm missing something or it could be on amazon's or cayin's end?

Hiby r6 Pro is the same, Amazon issue for now I believe.

On the n6ii, if you load up amazon offline, hit play on shuffle, does the physical skip button automatically change source to you're own library? Bloody annoying on the R6, looking forward to change!

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #2,135 of 8,191
Probably on the Amazon app's side, as Tidal is working flawlessly.

Oct 15, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #2,136 of 8,191
Anyone with a T01 only fancy trying my A01? UK / Europe preferred. PM if interested.

Oct 15, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #2,137 of 8,191
Hiby r6 Pro is the same, Amazon issue for now I believe.

On the n6ii, if you load up amazon offline, hit play on shuffle, does the physical skip button automatically change source to you're own library? Bloody annoying on the R6, looking forward to change!

I know exactly what you are talking about! I use UAPP for all my offline music and sometimes I will hit the skip button and it will change the song in the cayin app even though it wasn't open in the first place. I noticed if i clear the queue in the cayin app, I don't get that skip issue anymore. It seems as though cayin app takes priority on the physical buttons. Give that a shot, maybe you have songs in the queue in cayin app.

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #2,138 of 8,191
For those of you posting rather nice pics of qdc Anole, have you also compared to Fibae 7 with the n6ii?

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #2,139 of 8,191
For those of you posting rather nice pics of qdc Anole, have you also compared to Fibae 7 with the n6ii?

I can’t speak to the QDC Anatole but the N6ii / FIBAE7 combo is still blowing my mind...

Cayin N6ii
Now this is my favorite pairing by far, although it’s definitely not one that brings the FIBAE7 into reference / neutral territory, this combo is nothing short of spectacular if you like the FIBAE7 signature it will take it a step further yet.

Bass is tighter with a sharper attack and shorter decay than DX220 with whichever AMP, there is more snap but also it’s a richer, more textured presentation. The mids are warmer with more lower mids presence, male vocals gain power and female are just a tad sweeter and the overall mids is paradoxically better balanced with the forward upper mids section. This also makes the Cayin N6ii the thickest presentation over the DX220 no matter which AMP. Treble wise, lower treble energy is fairly similar to DX220 with AMP9 which is just the right amount to my ears. Upper treble have far more presence though, and again it brings a different balance to the treble with just as much upper as lower treble.

This is where the N6ii has better resolution and refinement than the DX220 which carries across the whole signature. Snappier attack across the frequency range and faster decay also means better transients, taking the FIBAE7 to new heights for me with a highly natural and exciting signature. Yet, this pairing makes the FIBAE7 signature more polarizing to those who are sensitive to upper mids and forward signatures in general.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #2,140 of 8,191
I thought I have listened to the combination N6ii/ PW-05/ Angie II which is satisfied my taste but found out N6ii with EE Spartan IV and EA Vogue Maestro are other combination that makes me spent hours long to listen to my musics. The Spartan sings better than ever before with punchy and dynamic sound. :smile_phones:

Oct 17, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #2,141 of 8,191
I know that N8 is a warm sounding dap but my budget is nowhere 3k usd. What are the choices for warm sounding dap with excellent width for 1k usd budget? I'll be getting n6ii tour this friday. Really looking forward. I just wanna know more about daps if someone can give me a brief choices. Thankss!!!

Oct 17, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #2,142 of 8,191
I know that N8 is a warm sounding dap but my budget is nowhere 3k usd. What are the choices for warm sounding dap with excellent width for 1k usd budget? I'll be getting n6ii tour this friday. Really looking forward. I just wanna know more about daps if someone can give me a brief choices. Thankss!!!
IMO... the N6ii is the best warm DAP out there at this price point. You won't be disappointed.

You could pickup a used Sony W1MZ too. It's very warm, but goes for quite a bit more, doesn't have wifi for streaming, and the amp section is a little underwhelming. The sound is fantastic though.

Oct 17, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #2,143 of 8,191
When is the new motherboard module coming out? (E01)

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #2,144 of 8,191
IMO... the N6ii is the best warm DAP out there at this price point. You won't be disappointed.

You could pickup a used Sony W1MZ too. It's very warm, but goes for quite a bit more, doesn't have wifi for streaming, and the amp section is a little underwhelming. The sound is fantastic though.
Thanks for suggestion. Cant wait for tomorrow to find out. Unfortunately i do need streaming apps so yeh basically n6ii is the choice. What about the motherboard? Does it change anything? A01 vs T01

Users who are viewing this thread

Back