Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Sep 27, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #1,951 of 8,198
Andros are blah.

While I appreciate your opinion, that's not particularly helpful since I have them already and that doesn't answer the question I was asking.

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #1,952 of 8,198
I was thinking about picking up a 4.4 cable for the Andromeda golds (or maybe the dunu hulk), but I already hear some slight hiss with the gold's on the 3.5 output so I imagine there would likely be more on the 4.4 with the n6ii, but if that's not the case...
Ok, so testing now...I get some noise with the Andro Gold on 4.4mm but it is pretty minimal. I can’t hear it when music is playing, and only hear it during the brief period between pausing tracks and theoutput cutting out. Went ahead and tested the WiFi and 4.4mm noise issue... and it is there mostly in the left IEM, more pronounced hiss and almost “click” like noise. Bummer... but when using my over ears I don’t hear it. Also it seems to come and go and isn’t consistent. This first part was using Spotify premium, switching to Qobuz Studio now...

same experience on Qobuz. The headphone out cuts off faster on Qobuz...interesting but not important.

I used both streaming and offline library for both services.

Using 3.5 now and still a tiny bit of noise on the golds for both services, but now WiFi interference so far. Hope that helps. Also the noise is less using the 3.5mm output, if that wasn’t clear.
Cheers!

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #1,953 of 8,198
Ok, so testing now...I get some noise with the Andro Gold on 4.4mm but it is pretty minimal. I can’t hear it when music is playing, and only hear it during the brief period between pausing tracks and theoutput cutting out. Went ahead and tested the WiFi and 4.4mm noise issue... and it is there mostly in the left IEM, more pronounced hiss and almost “click” like noise. Bummer... but when using my over ears I don’t hear it. Also it seems to come and go and isn’t consistent. This first part was using Spotify premium, switching to Qobuz Studio now...

same experience on Qobuz. The headphone out cuts off faster on Qobuz...interesting but not important.

I used both streaming and offline library for both services.

Using 3.5 now and still a tiny bit of noise on the golds for both services, but now WiFi interference so far. Hope that helps. Also the noise is less using the 3.5mm output, if that wasn’t clear.
Cheers!

Thanks, much appreciated! I definitely have heard the wifi interference on 4.4 with more than one IEM, so I am aware of what to expect with that, and I am almost positive I will hear it with the andro golds as they are more sensitive than others I have. One trick to try, is if you have a device that can share internet via bluetooth, use that. No interference. And yes, as has been confirmed before, no wifi interference when using single ended.

The click/pop is also there with a number of things, but is much more apparent with more sensitive IEMs. If you have an iematch, try it with the andromedas and it will be much much harder to hear. But I am pretty sure thats just the amp switching off, or when it switches between sampling rates. That one doesnt bother me much. Certain apps seem to keep the amp awake for a second or two after playback ends, while the hiby and cayin app shut it off immediately.

Hmm, I may or may not pick up a 4.4 cable, gotta decide. Not sure there is any real benefit as I cant imagine the single ended output is lacking for power, especially for the andromeda golds, so I am just not sure there will be any improvements other than making my wallet lighter. And it sounds like there is more hiss than with single ended, even if it is only slightly more, and combined with the wifi interference.... staying on 3.5 may just be the better option for these.

Sep 27, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #1,956 of 8,198
Is it a pain navigating Tidal or any other apps without dedicated back button? How exactly does it work? Cheers.

The capacitive button functions as a back button, or a home button with a long press.

Sep 27, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #1,957 of 8,198
Is it a pain navigating Tidal or any other apps without dedicated back button? How exactly does it work? Cheers.
But the button that bright when you power work for this.

Sep 28, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #1,959 of 8,198
Sep 28, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #1,961 of 8,198
Sep 29, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #1,964 of 8,198

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back