Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Sep 18, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #1,876 of 8,196
How much would you pay for that ?
Pocketful of loose and warm gummy bears...

I would be willing to pay the value of such a thing jokes aside....the lower the price the easier to impulse buy....in this setting I think $500 would make me question purchasing, anything under $300 would be in the impulse realm, everything in between is back and forth depending on the reviews etc.

Sep 19, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #1,877 of 8,196
I have been looking to get my first DAP and this thread has helped me come to a decision. I have hit the button and bought the Cayin N6ii. Your impressions and discussion of the warmer sound and musicality of the N6ii is just want I was trying to find. I'm really looking forward to receiving this DAP in a few days time.

Sep 19, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #1,878 of 8,196
I've just got notification that my N6ii has been dispatched. I am getting excited now.

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #1,879 of 8,196
I have been looking to get my first DAP and this thread has helped me come to a decision. I have hit the button and bought the Cayin N6ii. Your impressions and discussion of the warmer sound and musicality of the N6ii is just want I was trying to find. I'm really looking forward to receiving this DAP in a few days time.

I've just got notification that my N6ii has been dispatched. I am getting excited now.

Have you bought any headphone or IEM/CIEM to pair with?

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #1,880 of 8,196

Good choice. It's a bit hefty but if you can get over that it's probably the best non-flagship DAP on the market right now.

Sep 19, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #1,881 of 8,196
I was wondering is the Cayin N6II with T01 bundle available soon? Went to my local agent Zeppelin and was told not available yet.

Thanks

Sep 19, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #1,882 of 8,196
Have you bought any headphone or IEM/CIEM to pair with?

I have Shure SE846. I bought these at London CanJam at the end of July. The DAP was a more recent decision.

Sep 19, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #1,883 of 8,196
Good choice. It's a bit hefty but if you can get over that it's probably the best non-flagship DAP on the market right now.

I bet it’s not as hefty as the A&K Kann Cube. I was testing that out last weekend and it was a beast.

Sep 19, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #1,885 of 8,196
I bet it’s not as hefty as the A&K Kann Cube. I was testing that out last weekend and it was a beast.

Yeah it's nowhere near as big as the Cube...the N6ii is about the upper limit of what I'm willing/able to carry around...the Cube is well past that. It's in the category of "transportable but not really portable" for me.

Sep 22, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #1,887 of 8,196
Had a chance to listen to N6II today. I must admit that this is what I want as a companion to ifi audio idsd black label but for IEM. Absolute synergy with my S-EM6 V2, neutral reference type of IEM. They just sound amazing with the N6II.

On the other hand, I did not like the Cube. Particularly the way they tuned the bass. Too much for me and it is on the softer side, which is opposite to what micro and N6II produce in lows.

P.S. Balanced outputs only were used for the listening session on both DAPs.

wew.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #1,888 of 8,196
Had a chance to listen to N6II today. I must admit that this is what I want as a companion to ifi audio idsd black label but for IEM. Absolute synergy with my S-EM6 V2, neutral reference type of IEM. They just sound amazing with the N6II.

On the other hand, I did not like the Cube. Particularly the way they tuned the bass. Too much for me and it is on the softer side, which is opposite to what micro and N6II produce in lows.

Agree

Sep 22, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #1,889 of 8,196

P.S. Balanced outputs only were used for the listening session on both DAPs.

The cube looks like an unwieldy beast next to the N6ii...I've never heard it but I'm so happy with my Cayin that I have no urge to either :)

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #1,890 of 8,196
T9iE & N6ii 01.jpg

I am fully in love with the N6ii. I've been using it excessively for a couple of months now. I even prefer it over the DX220, which I didn't think was possible in this price range. It seems to do everything at 11. Clarity is amazing. Dynamics/robustness is outrageous. Soundstage is enormous. There's warmth and airiness. It's like the absolute perfect tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back