Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jun 14, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #871 of 8,191
Lol, the sunrise is on its way back to AMP3 now for replacement. I'm guessing they won't have any in stock so will have to wait ages :/ if so I'll probably ask for a refund.

That sucks. Although the build of the N6ii is lovely, I'm sending mine back to AMP3 as sticking with my modded WM1A. The Android system also gets on my nerves, having to put the USB in file transfer mode before you can put files in. For some reason, the unit wouldn't copy all my files over either and then wouldn't come up on my PC afterwards, very annoying! The screen was okay at least. I think I'm spoilt with the WM1A, it's head and shoulders above the N6ii as a full package.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #874 of 8,191
Have you installed a bunch of apps on the N6ii? If you have one of the apps may be interfering with the Cayin app. Do a backup and try a factory reset and see if you have the same issue.....
No, actually I have not installed a single app on it. I am currently doing a factory restore and reformatting my sd card. I will update if there is any progress.

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #875 of 8,191
That sucks. Although the build of the N6ii is lovely, I'm sending mine back to AMP3 as sticking with my modded WM1A. The Android system also gets on my nerves, having to put the USB in file transfer mode before you can put files in. For some reason, the unit wouldn't copy all my files over either and then wouldn't come up on my PC afterwards, very annoying! The screen was okay at least. I think I'm spoilt with the WM1A, it's head and shoulders above the N6ii as a full package.
I transfered 45 gigs internal and 450 gigs to its sd card no issues. Maybe for you if you used to the Sony then stay with it.

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #877 of 8,191
Is there any special special file format I should use for formatting the sd card? I realize the selection lag takes place on songs in the sd card and not songs in the device itself. Anyone has this issue? I am using a 64gb Sony micro sd card. And also, the scheduled power off is flawed. I was using the device and it suddenly shut down on me after 5min of usage. So I had to turn off the scheduled power off as well.

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #878 of 8,191
The Legend X sounds damn phenomenal from the N6ii, I prefer the sound out of the Legend X with this DAP over my A18t.

Awesome! The Legend X may be my next IEM and I am looking to replace my QP1R with a better UI DAP. I really don’t need WiFi or the ability to install apps though.

Jun 14, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #879 of 8,191
yeah i dont like android either, all devices i had with it , cause some problems , thats a reason why i choosed the cowon over the n6ii

The Legend X sounds damn phenomenal from the N6ii, I prefer the sound out of the Legend X with this DAP over my A18t.
nice you "re love" the awesome Legend X ! :) :)

Jun 14, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #882 of 8,191
n6ii-khan.jpg

The Noble Khan sounds incredible with the N6ii! Black background and add that little bit of low mid frequency, pretty much a perfect pairing.

The Interface is very smooth and has no problem playing DSD256 music.

Only wish it came with 128GB internal storage, damn DSD files taking too much space :joy:.

Jun 15, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #884 of 8,191
Yes, it apparently does. And worse still, when I scan my songs with cayin music app, it shows 2102 songs, but in hiby, it shows 2030 songs... :frowning2:

Not sure about the delay but could it be down to the SD card you have - slow read/write times?

Just got mine and I had the same problem with the number of songs showing up - if you've not seen this yet, look in the Cayin & Hiby music app settings - at the top of the menu you'll see the 'scan for music files' option select this and once in that menu, turn off the option to 'ignore tracks smaller than 500kb' and 'ignore tracks shorter than 60 seconds' and then tap 'Scan all' at the bottom of page and you should then get all your files show up once your card has been rescanned...... Hope this helps :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #885 of 8,191
Not sure about the delay but could it be down to the SD card you have - slow read/write times?

Just got mine and I had the same problem with the number of songs showing up - if you've not seen this yet, look in the Cayin & Hiby music app settings - at the top of the menu you'll see the 'scan for music files' option select this and once in that menu, turn off the option to 'ignore tracks smaller than 500kb' and 'ignore tracks shorter than 60 seconds' and then tap 'Scan all' at the bottom of page and you should then get all your files show up once your card has been rescanned...... Hope this helps :beerchug:

Yes, the options were turned off before scanning as well, but same issue though. But the cayin app works ok except for the selection lag. I would like to ask, if I were to use the Pi Music Player app, will it also bypass the android src just like Cayin/hiby app?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back