Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jun 13, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #856 of 8,192
So, dumb question for you folks. I downloaded the Qobuz and Tidal apps on my new N6, and logged into my accounts on both via my home's protected 5G wi-fi. Workjed and sounded great!

Here's the question. If I try to use free public wi-fi to stream from one or the other of these, what security risks might I be taking? Wht's exposed/what do potential hackers have possible access to?

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #858 of 8,192
Jun 14, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #859 of 8,192
So I received my N6II yesterday. Currently is undergoing burn in. Battery life is amazing for starters. I understand that some have the issue of the wifi arrows appearing with wifi off, so one tip would be to be put it in aeroplane mode when not using wifi/bluetooth. It saves battery life. I did a battery drain test, a drop of 4% from 100% was seen on standby mode. I have no issues with the volume scroll wheel. It works perfectly and is accurate with no excess play on the scroll wheel. Screen protector is good, no crappy fit. To save more battery life, you can use the scheduled power off option and set the minutes of idle time before power shutdown. I set mine at 10min and it works.

But one issue I do notice is on the selection/transition of songs. Each time I select a song, while another song is playing, it takes a few seconds to load in the selected song. Is this a common issue for some? Is there a way to solve this? I tried the 3 different settings (gapless/insert silence/fade in and out) but to no avail. I scanned the database a few times as well but the issue still persists. Not a major issue, but something we could do without I guess.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #860 of 8,192
So I received my N6II yesterday. Currently is undergoing burn in. Battery life is amazing for starters. I understand that some have the issue of the wifi arrows appearing with wifi off, so one tip would be to be put it in aeroplane mode when not using wifi/bluetooth. It saves battery life. I did a battery drain test, a drop of 4% from 100% was seen on standby mode. I have no issues with the volume scroll wheel. It works perfectly and is accurate with no excess play on the scroll wheel. Screen protector is good, no crappy fit. To save more battery life, you can use the scheduled power off option and set the minutes of idle time before power shutdown. I set mine at 10min and it works.

But one issue I do notice is on the selection/transition of songs. Each time I select a song, while another song is playing, it takes a few seconds to load in the selected song. Is this a common issue for some? Is there a way to solve this? I tried the 3 different settings (gapless/insert silence/fade in and out) but to no avail. I scanned the database a few times as well but the issue still persists. Not a major issue, but something we could do without I guess.

Just to confirm the scheduled power off option is an option to turn the DAP off from when you stop playing music?

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #861 of 8,192
Just to confirm the scheduled power off option is an option to turn the DAP off from when you stop playing music?

Yes that would be correct. The player must be in idle mode for that to happen, so no music/videos running. After which, it will trigger a shutdown if there is no use during that stated period. The scheduled power off option can be found under Settings>Battery>Scheduled power off.

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #862 of 8,192

Shivas, when you say your screen protector has a good fit, would you mind sharing a picture? I know aaf evo and I had an issue where the screen protector doesn't adhere to the screen at the very edge of the screen protector. Are you not seeing that?

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #863 of 8,192
Shivas, when you say your screen protector has a good fit, would you mind sharing a picture? I know aaf evo and I had an issue where the screen protector doesn't adhere to the screen at the very edge of the screen protector. Are you not seeing that?

Ah yes, am afraid I wasn't clear there, the edges are slightly off. But I was referring to those who had the other issue of the protector not fitting at the bottom right corner of it.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #864 of 8,192

Anyone able to help with this? Its occurring on the Cayin music app.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #865 of 8,192
So, dumb question for you folks. I downloaded the Qobuz and Tidal apps on my new N6, and logged into my accounts on both via my home's protected 5G wi-fi. Workjed and sounded great!

Here's the question. If I try to use free public wi-fi to stream from one or the other of these, what security risks might I be taking? Wht's exposed/what do potential hackers have possible access to?

You need a VPN if you are worried about that kind of thing. It adds encryption to all your network traffic and protects your device from hacking.

I think there are free VPN services out there but IMHO its something you are better off paying a few of your currencies a month for.

Jun 14, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #866 of 8,192
I know aaf evo and I had an issue where the screen protector doesn't adhere to the screen at the very edge of the screen protector.

I am one who also love screen protector.

But the moment I saw the the curved edge of the screen of N6ii and by cursory placing the protector film that comes in the package over it, I decided that aesthetically, it is probably better off without. I do think Cayin should have a word with their screen protector supplier about the fit.

Jun 14, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #867 of 8,192
Jun 14, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #868 of 8,192

The security risks are many with public WiFi. Setup the wireless hotspot on your cell phone and use that. You won't have to worry about it then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back