Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jun 16, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #931 of 8,192
A combination of DSD128 and FLAC 96/24. I have been using it mainly with my andromeda on mid gain.

Using 4.4mm bal output while playing DSD files (and FLACs) - it's expected to get warm. You're all good!

Jun 17, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #932 of 8,192
Anyone having issues of the cayin music app running even after being exited from? It seems like it is auto turned on when the device starts as well. I tried to force stop app, but it tends to appear repeatedly. @Andykong would you be able to help on this? Thank You!

Jun 17, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #933 of 8,192
Anyone having issues of the cayin music app running even after being exited from? It seems like it is auto turned on when the device starts as well. I tried to force stop app, but it tends to appear repeatedly. @Andykong would you be able to help on this? Thank You!
I swipe up, then clear all.

Jun 17, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #935 of 8,192
20190617_142051.jpg

Jun 17, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #936 of 8,192

yup, i had same issue... temporary fix by turn off notification of Cayin music...battery life still good

Jun 17, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #938 of 8,192
The battery life is surprisingly good. I used the line out to an external amp and with the screen on full time for 2 hours (wifi on streaming music on third-party apps) the battery only drop 20%. So perhaps I could get about 10 hours of screen on time.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #942 of 8,192
Could anyone confirm if the Pi Music Player output is equivalent to the Hiby music app? I feel that they sound the exact same. But I sometimes feel the Hiby puts out a slight bit more resolution. I'm totally not sure if my ears are playing tricks with me :frowning2: hahaha!

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 4:30 AM Post #943 of 8,192
Could anyone confirm if the Pi Music Player output is equivalent to the Hiby music app? I feel that they sound the exact same. But I sometimes feel the Hiby puts out a slight bit more resolution. I'm totally not sure if my ears are playing tricks with me :frowning2: hahaha!
You getting hit hard from OCD ? Different Music Apps will sound different. Try Neutron, N7 , and I like Onkyo. Look, if it sounds good then it sounds good FOR you. Dont think other people are better at knowing what sounds good to you.

Jun 17, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #944 of 8,192
You getting hit hard from OCD ? Different Music Apps will sound different. Try Neutron, N7 , and I like Onkyo. Look, if it sounds good then it sounds good FOR you. Dont think other people are better at knowing what sounds good to you.

I agree with the OCD part. I'll try neutron and Onkyo then. I was assuming they won't sound different as the apps are just hosts for the playback. As it bypsses SRC, I assume they would sound the same, no?

Jun 17, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #945 of 8,192

This hobby conjures OCD. I actually dont have much time listening but looking for that hot stuff to listen..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back