Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
May 18, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #7,846 of 8,192
My N6ii with R01 heats up a bit while playing for over an hour or so, is this normal? I was streaming music on medium gain.

May 18, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #7,847 of 8,192
My N6ii with R01 heats up a bit while playing for over an hour or so, is this normal? I was streaming music on medium gain.
Yes thats why is sounds good. Like a race car.

May 19, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #7,848 of 8,192
Yes thats why is sounds good. Like a race car.
Haha as long as it’s normal I am good, this thing sounds really awesome!

May 31, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #7,849 of 8,192
Friends,
My n6 ii is not powering on. When i connect power adapter i can see display with battery icon showing the battery percentage and came be charged 100%. But once I remove the charger and press power button display is not getting switched on. Any suggestion what can be done.

Thanks

May 31, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #7,850 of 8,192
Friends,
My n6 ii is not powering on. When i connect power adapter i can see display with battery icon showing the battery percentage and came be charged 100%. But once I remove the charger and press power button display is not getting switched on. Any suggestion what can be done.

Thanks
Try holding the power button for 30 seconds, that may get it to reboot. Its a Quick Charge protection thing as I understand it.

May 31, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #7,851 of 8,192
Friends,

Thanks

You probably have entered Qualcomm protected mode. It can be triggered by a software crash, or maybe you have put your N6ii inside your backpack, something has pressured the On/Off button for 15 seconds continuously. As @MarkParity has suggested, you hold the power button for a while (15-20 seconds), the N6ii will wake up from protected mode after that.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 31, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #7,852 of 8,192
Friends,

Thanks

I don't think you see the battery charge screen with power plugged in when in Qualcomm protection or edl mode do you? If you still can't switch on by holding power down for 20secs it sounds more like the power button itself that is faulty.

Jun 3, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #7,854 of 8,192
Hi there i just wanted to ask how n6ii ti with r01 compares to the first gen n8. I love how n8 sounds but with how constantly it crashes im thinking of getting rid of my unit in favor for an r01.

Jun 7, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #7,855 of 8,192
How do I change the background to a .jpg image I have? When I go to Wallpapers, all that is there is Live Wallpapers, and then when I go into that section it says No Live Wallpapers?

Jun 7, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #7,856 of 8,192
Hi there i just wanted to ask how n6ii ti with r01 compares to the first gen n8. I love how n8 sounds but with how constantly it crashes im thinking of getting rid of my unit in favor for an r01.
I wonder if you might be better to get the A02 module as it uses the same DAC as the N8, then you can link it to a C9 which uses the same Nutubes as the N8 although it this case a pair so that you can have balanced output in tube mode (unlike the N8).
Anyway, just an idea...The R01 is very good though if you just want the one device. The A02/C9 combo is another step up and gives you more options to modify the sound too with all the amp settings.
I haven't heard the N8.

Jun 7, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #7,857 of 8,192
I wonder if you might be better to get the A02 module as it uses the same DAC as the N8, then you can link it to a C9 which uses the same Nutubes as the N8 although it this case a pair so that you can have balanced output in tube mode (unlike the N8).
Anyway, just an idea...The R01 is very good though if you just want the one device. The A02/C9 combo is another step up and gives you more options to modify the sound too with all the amp settings.
I haven't heard the N8.
Im not really the type to lug around stacks lol. I just want 1 device to rule them all 😉. Im a bit annoyed with my n8 not working well with my files (it keeps on crashing you see).

Jun 7, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #7,859 of 8,192
How do I change the background to a .jpg image I have? When I go to Wallpapers, all that is there is Live Wallpapers, and then when I go into that section it says No Live Wallpapers?
I worked this out, I had disabled the Gallery app as I didnt think it would be needed. Using this, I was able to set the wallpaper.

Jun 7, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #7,860 of 8,192
I haven't heard the N8.
The only problem would be, that the A02 module isn't available anywhere, even on ebay I could not find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back