Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jan 25, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #7,681 of 8,194
Does anyone else run into WiFi issues with this player? I've been trying to figure out the cause with no luck.

Jan 25, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #7,682 of 8,194
Does anyone else run into WiFi issues with this player? I've been trying to figure out the cause with no luck.
Yes. The WiFi is not very strong on the n6ii. A very frustrating problem I also have.

Jan 25, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #7,683 of 8,194
No issues. But as @jwilliamhurst has said, the wifi signal strength is really quite weak making it hard to get a strong signal with any distance from a router.

Jan 25, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #7,684 of 8,194
I fixed any issue I had by using 2.4ghz networks only. (The old style). 5ghz seemed to drop out frequently.

Jan 25, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #7,685 of 8,194
Isn't that because 2.4Ghz gives better coverage although slower speeds and 5GHz gives faster speeds and less good coverage, so that may well be why and if you are distant to your router. Maybe a Wi-Fi booster in the room where you use your N6ii would help?

Jan 25, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #7,687 of 8,194
Dont have a mojo. But have heard R01 quite a bit along with other modules.

R01 works fantastic with bright neutral IEMs and moderately sensitive bright headphones (>95-100 dB/mW).. Some of them here have reported harshness, but I cant hear it to be bright and it makes things quite sweet (not mellow). Bass is pretty good, but they have real competition in the form of T01 and E02 for bass impact and bass texture.

I love R01 with Anole VX and MEST (upper midrange - bright neutral) and makes them dream combo. Same thing to be said about the smaller version of R01 which is RU6 dongle, but it seems to have more treble focus than R01 and some might find it little harsh.

I would recommend to focus more on music you like to hear, IEMs/headphones that work best with music genre and then decide if R01 or mojo would help.

Have both. Mojo has more output and is somewhat smoother. R01 is more energetic with better layering, imaging, and detail retrieval. Both compliment each other quite well. I love the Mojo with bright headphones like Beyerdynamic or Audio-Technica, R01 pairs very well with Sennheiser IE900 and a few efficient headphones (DT700 Pro X is actually a nice pairing). If you already have N6ii, then it's certainly worth getting the R01.
Thank you guys. Appreciate the feedback.

The verdict is, Ill hold a week more for the mojo 2 announcement and from.there I'll setup a budget, r01 does sound an interesting and valuable investment, I swapped motherboards for the first time in months from e01 to a01 and maaaaan such a change. I'll play with t01 over the weekend. Funnily I was playing with my mojo and little bear coupled with burson V6 vivid. That's the kind of analogue sound I'm after this days. E01 it's not that far but the power of bulbs it's undeniable

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #7,688 of 8,194
Isn't that because 2.4Ghz gives better coverage although slower speeds and 5GHz gives faster speeds and less good coverage, so that may well be why and if you are distant to your router. Maybe a Wi-Fi booster in the room where you use your N6ii would help?
My issue didn't seem to have anything to do with my proximity to the router. I would just sit in one place and streams would time out on 5GHz, but not 2.4. Could be the Wifi chip Cayin sourced, could be the case material interfering or sheilding, could be general 5GHz interference with neighbors (shrug) So many possibilities... I have zero drop outs now though, AND a slightly extended coverage range. 802.11ac 2.4GHz.

Jan 25, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #7,689 of 8,194
I think it’s the Wi-Fi card in the N6ii - no other device I own is this bad even if I’m next to my Orbi router

Jan 25, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #7,690 of 8,194
I think it’s the Wi-Fi card in the N6ii - no other device I own is this bad even if I’m next to my Orbi router
i had the hiby r6 pro so as the fiio m11 (standard) and had the chance to test an astell and kern unit (dont know the model tbh) all of em had massive wifi connectivity problems, the m11 didnt had as much but the r6pro couldnt stay connected while on uapp without dropping once or twice.

Jan 25, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #7,691 of 8,194
I had all of those too - no issues. This one though has been a real sore point

Jan 27, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #7,694 of 8,194
All members in Cayin will start our Chinese New Year holiday today. During the holiday, all orders, inquires and after sales service will be processed immediately when we resume office on 10th February. 2022.

Thanks for all the support and we wish everyone to stay safe, healthy, and to have a wonderful Year of Tiger.

2022 Chines New Year.jpg

PS. Unlike previous years, I'll will take a break during the Chinese New Year vacation. I'll only check on forum occasionally. Please pardon me if I didn't resposne to your exchanges or PM promptly.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 27, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #7,695 of 8,194
All members in Cayin will start our Chinese New Year holiday today. During the holiday, all orders, inquires and after sales service will be processed immediately when we resume office on 10th February. 2022.

Thanks for all the support and we wish everyone to stay safe, healthy, and to have a wonderful Year of Tiger.

2022 Chines New Year.jpg

PS. Unlike previous years, I'll will take a break during the Chinese New Year vacation. I'll only check on forum occasionally. Please pardon me if I didn't resposne to your exchanges or PM promptly.

Spend some time with your family, switch off your phone buddy 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back