Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jan 10, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #7,651 of 8,211
I have indeed. I actually prefer it with the ie900 rather than the r01. I need to try it with my c9 too :)
Glad you're enjoying it. The C9 pairing is superb. And you're have the VC, right?

Jan 10, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #7,652 of 8,211
That's good news! Curious to your impressions. You'll need to get the C9 next 😉

Yeah I might go C9 later this year, will see how I get on with E02 and Graphene - the latter of which is the longest wait I've ever had for an item... stuck between the Netherlands and Ireland somewhere since Christmas Eve!

Jan 10, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #7,653 of 8,211
Jan 12, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #7,654 of 8,211
N6ii - e02- c9 - ie900 is a fantastic combo on this frosty day in west wales :)

Jan 15, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #7,656 of 8,211
Jan 16, 2022 at 4:42 AM Post #7,658 of 8,211
Hi peeps, I decided to start generating funds for the upcoming N8ii, so my beautiful N6ii (+ A01, E02 & R01) is up for sale (see classifieds https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/cayin-n6ii-w-r01-e02-a01-in-pristine-condition.17808/ ) ... I also dropped the price, so first come first served.

Note: My brother is looking for a HifiMan Arya / Ananda / other good planar, so trades are definitely accepted.
Have Cayin published a price for N8ii yet? Seems a bit soon to part with the N6ii as the N8 may be too spendy even with the funds from your N6ii.

Just my 2p worth. :)

Jan 16, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #7,659 of 8,211
Have Cayin published a price for N8ii yet? Seems a bit soon to part with the N6ii as the N8 may be too spendy even with the funds from your N6ii.

Just my 2p worth. :)

No worries.. I just sold my Shanling M8 and still have a Hiby RS6 and a Rupert Neve RNHP that could be sold to support this purchase. Fingers crossed that will be sufficient 😎

Jan 16, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #7,660 of 8,211
Yes, I think you are jumping ship early. I am interested in the N8ii absolutely but cannot yet tell for sure if it will have streaming capability and that is a deal breaker for me. The other aspect is will it have as much power as the C9? That seems unlikely but it would be a pity if it is did not have a good strong output of say 1W at 32 ohms at least. Above all of course is the SQ and how it compares to the old N8 and indeed the N6ii as it is to feature a new DAC chip (sadly not the R2R).

For me at least there are more unknowns that I'd want answers to before I started priming my bank account.

Jan 16, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #7,661 of 8,211
Yes, I think you are jumping ship early. I am interested in the N8ii absolutely but cannot yet tell for sure if it will have streaming capability and that is a deal breaker for me. The other aspect is will it have as much power as the C9? That seems unlikely but it would be a pity if it is did not have a good strong output of say 1W at 32 ohms at least. Above all of course is the SQ and how it compares to the old N8 and indeed the N6ii as it is to feature a new DAC chip (sadly not the R2R).

For me at least there are more unknowns that I'd want answers to before I started priming my bank account.

Fully aware of that but it's not that I am without options. I still have my trusty Questyle CMA Twelve Master desktop rig...And for now the RS6 is perfectly satisfying my current mobile needs... :)

Jan 17, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #7,662 of 8,211

Looks like consumers and developers have very different understanding on the topic of next TOTL DAP. For example, we didn't have a target rated output in mind. If we put 1W at 32ohm as a priority requirement, that should be something very straight forward to deliver. We definitely have in mind that the new TOTL DAP should be able to handle difficuilt IEMs as well as highly sensitive IEMs, so the output will be respectable for sure, but very high rated output is NOT that important in our expereince.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 17, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #7,663 of 8,211
IMG_20211224_133331.jpg

Done.
Really great cable for Traillii.

I have my R01 about a month and find the sound quite harsh at times - not sure how many hours on it but I would think 60 or so. It sounds great with some music but often harsh with more energetic music. This is with a variety of IEMs, mostly single DDs.

@Andykong - is this a burn-in thing maybe?

Looks like consumers and developers have very different understanding on the topic of next TOTL DAP. For example, we didn't have a target rated output in mind. If we put 1W at 32ohm as a priority requirement, that should be something very straight forward to deliver. We definitely have in mind that the new TOTL DAP should be able to handle difficuilt IEMs, so the output will be respectable for sure, but rated output is NOT that important in our expereince.

Jan 17, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #7,664 of 8,211
I totally agreed with Andy. It is probably depending on IEMs the consumers own since some IEMs need a powerful output of the DAP and some need enough output rate for certain different sounding IEMs. It is also dependent on the taste of the listeners and their DAP ownerships.

Jan 17, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #7,665 of 8,211
Looks like consumers and developers have very different understanding on the topic of next TOTL DAP. For example, we didn't have a target rated output in mind. If we put 1W at 32ohm as a priority requirement, that should be something very straight forward to deliver. We definitely have in mind that the new TOTL DAP should be able to handle difficuilt IEMs, so the output will be respectable for sure, but rated output is NOT that important in our expereince.
I wasn't suggesting that was a must have or a specific number, just that it should have a decent output so it can drive full size headphones properly and that was just an example. At the end of the day it will be very interesting to see what you have created and I look forward to hearing one in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back