Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jul 25, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #6,857 of 8,196
The TIDAL app should work fine (i.e. isn't hampered by Android's sample rate conversion). The N6ii by-pases Android's SRC for all music apps.
I compared Tidal and Hiby/Cayin Music (from SD card) with the same track. Sampling rate was the same.

Hiby/Cayin Music with offline music was considerably better.

Jul 25, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #6,858 of 8,196
I also don't understand the difference of Hiby Music professional and Cayin Music app. Other than MSEB being disabled and having another skin, how are those two different?
To my understanding, those are the only two differences.

Jul 25, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #6,859 of 8,196
Is that true with all your headphones and IEMs?
This can also come from there.

I was stating this based on gear I know is not coloring the end result like Vision Ears Elysium or Penon Spark.
Good point. Not all. In general though and with my current gear only, of course. The Isabellae, on occasion, gets a little too much midrange paired with R01, and that is more as you described. But Isa is a midrange monster and synergy is the "mother of all contributions".
My phones are kind of 1st order V and U shaped right now and not entirely natural themselves.
But on the whole, the tuning of the R01 is a softer, more forgiving listen than other naturally tuned sources that I've heard (you've very likely heard more than me). I've been historically opposed to those that veer closer into natural territory because it tends to to either light up frequencies I have problems with or highlights the shortcoming of the IEM's I am using. I was just pleasantly surprised how much I could enjoy R01 tuned as it is.

Jul 25, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #6,860 of 8,196
I compared Tidal and Hiby/Cayin Music (from SD card) with the same track. Sampling rate was the same.

Hiby/Cayin Music with offline music was considerably better.
When i picked up my N6ii-Ti, I auditioned the N6ii-Ti in the store.. the salesman handed to me the unit with what iem i can't remember, on Spotify.. didn't impressed me one bit. They must have compiled DSD128 bit playlist to nail the sales... not some Spotify app and let the customer pick his poison.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #6,861 of 8,196
The Hiby "professional" app v1. 6 on the N6ii-Ti does not support Tidal. The standard Hiby Music app v4.1 does.

@Andykong

1. Will there be an update?
2. Can I deinstall and install the standard app 4.1 and have the same sound quality?
3. If not, what can I do?

Thanks
I agree. On the N6ii Ti, Hiby sounds better and is more suited to the N6ii. However, it does not have Tidal integrated into the Hiby pro version yet.

@Andykong do you have any information as to when there will be an update for the Cayin n6ii in order to allow the Hiby app to carry the latest version and integrate Tidal into it?
Not much you can do. I asked HiBy about this a few weeks ago on another site and there was no reply.

Most likely it will appear as an Application update in N6ii, we have similar updates on both Cayin Music App and HiBy Music App previously. It should be relatively straight forwards when HiBy makes the appropriate Build available. So let's wait and give HiBy some time for that, we are still very hopeful at this stage.

PS: Just received update from HiBy: the new v1.20 firmware update on New HiBy R6 has enabled Tidal content, that is a solution developed for DAP based on Snapdragon 6 series CPU. They'll migrate the solution to DAP based on Snapdragon 4 series CPU. so please stay tune and be patient.

I also don't understand the difference of Hiby Music professional and Cayin Music app. Other than MSEB being disabled and having another skin, how are those two different?
I don't think you can uninstall the Pro HiBy app on the N6ii as it's a system app. You can only uninstall updates to that app. For now there's the TIDAL app (useful for offline playlists) and UAPP (streaming only).

Exactly, HiBy Music App is a system app in N6ii, and you can't uninstall a system app.

We have explained this previously. We received a lot of request from users to add MSEB to our Android based DAP, we can't because that is not our IP, the feature belongs to HiBy, so using HiBy Music App is the only way to achieve that. We included the HiBy Music Player as system app because that will enable best possible optimisation including the exclusive USB Audio Output. This was a fairly straight forward decision back in 2018 when we finalise the final software setting of N6ii. We still think we did the right choice today.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 26, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #6,864 of 8,196
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 27, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #6,867 of 8,196
Have to disagree on that. UAPP sounds flawlessly on all my DAPs and phones, including N6II, provided it is set up properly and bit-perfect sound through hi-res driver is enabled. At least this is true in regards to lossless non-streaming tracks.
All right. Thanks for the info. Good to hear you can set it up properly to take full advantage of the player.

Jul 27, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #6,869 of 8,196
After the update to 1.6.6, Hiby Music app won't even start and keeps crashing. Cayin app runs fine. Anyone else notice it?
IMG_20210727_095524-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back