Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
May 30, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #4,471 of 8,213
Do you own both? Or rather, has the tiger heard both?
The E02 sounds just like a balanced version of the E01. However, E02 does offer a more expansive soundstage, and thanks to its increased power it can better handle some hard-to-drive headphones. Vocals sound a bit further away than with the E01, but overall the E02 offers a very transparent and smooth signature.

May 30, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #4,472 of 8,213
@Kad998 for your valuable information I been using wm1z for over 2 years 100% in Bluetooth mod streaming spotify from a cellphone! you would think aa that wont sound as good as an android dap with src bypass right? Well wrong wm1z is so good that its even hardly beatable when in Bluetooth dac mod! and its battery life is untouchable by nothing on the market! You can also use it as a usd dac mod as well it will improve sound quality.

Soon I will share my impressions/review its almost here :gs1000smile:
[/QUOTE]

Wow! The Bluetooth quality is one question I haven’t really even thought to ask regarding the WM1Z. That battery life is definitely unmatched and tugs at my heart strings lol.... but o e of the reasons I bought my first DAP was to be completely free from my phone. I’m constantly tied to it forwork and everything so it’s niceto be able to put it down. I really wishI could just do tidal offline on the WM1Z. The moment they implement it, I’m buying it lol

May 30, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #4,473 of 8,213
Sounds like you will be happy with N6ii! It has little more punch and character than mojo, going by my memory. A01 is my favorite for Andro pairing. Looking forward to you your impressions!

I’ve been wanting to try 1Z too... I’m sure @Vitaly2017 would be happy to fill the details there :)

So excited! I think I’ll be happy with everything except the battery. We’ll see how long I go before I get another module but I’m stoked for the sound! I’m trying to Forget that I bought it so I won’t sit here in agony and wait 😩

May 30, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #4,474 of 8,213
Can anyone help comparing between e02 and fiio m15?

I am considering between these two device to match with my Khan.
My main concern is I am mainly streaming Tidal and n6ii doesnt support mqa which I think I might not suite for this device.

Any feedback are very welcome
Also as of.now the M15 only does the first unfold with Tidal. They say full capabilities are coming but not eta yet.

May 30, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #4,475 of 8,213
I am also curious of opinions on the M15 vs the N6ii w/ E02 for IEMs. Specifically the Solaris 2020. I won't be driving full size with it at all. I am very happy with the M15 sound right now but as with anything in this hobby we are always searching for something better and want to make sure we have the best synergy with our gear.

May 31, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #4,478 of 8,213
How does the E02 compare to the Hugo 2 ?
I love the Solaris out of the Hugo 2 not so much the N6 with the A01 board.

I own both (E02 and H2); Hugo 2 is far better in my opinion

May 31, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #4,480 of 8,213
I wonder how well N6ii + E02 drive Abyss Diana V2?

May 31, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #4,483 of 8,213
Burn in still in progress here on E02 🤠

May 31, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #4,484 of 8,213
I own both (E02 and H2); Hugo 2 is far better in my opinion

Don't get me wrong, N6ii+E02 is still very, very good! It's also a lot more than a dac/amp vs a dedicated device like the Hugo 2.

May 31, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #4,485 of 8,213
I’m continued to be amazed by E02. For the first time today I’m pairing it with Z1R, and boy oh boy, it takes the Z1R to another level. Overall sound becomes fuller and a lot more lively! Treble, which to me is at borderline sibilance, has a lot more weight and this alleviates the tendency to be sibilant. However, this doesn’t mean that treble becomes muted, on the contrary, it retains the energy while having more extension. Bass is more analogue sounding with just the right amount of decay, and most importantly, mids are more forward (perhaps due to improvement in treble area).

I do believe now Z1R is benefiting a lot from a high powered source. E02 is a much much better pairing than 1Z and definitely becomes my go to source for Z1R. Very very happy camper here. Just wish it has the battery life of 1Z, but I guess we can’t have it all :wink:

Excellent post! I currently own the Z1Rs but they’ve been confined to my M11. My N6ii is on the way and should be here Friday but they only had the E01. Im hoping it will be as good a pairing as your describing or close. I really want to push these Z1Rs to their full potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back