Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Jan 27, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #3,576 of 8,191
Yeah! Finally found a way to move it. Thanks !

Would be good to share for others how but usually you can specify the default location (Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz work like that) and once you've saved the music will synchronize again to the new location.

Jan 28, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #3,578 of 8,191
I using this method to move the streaming app to SD card.

Great thanks for sharing, the issue with that method is that you change the save location for ALL apps, whereas changing it in the app settings only changes it for the app. Depends on what you want to do with the device.

Jan 28, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #3,579 of 8,191
When using N6ii as USB DAC I hear some glitch/skip in the music... anyone else with this issue?

This is not happening with other USB DAC from the same source (roon)

Jan 28, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #3,580 of 8,191
Dx200 probleme was not flat. But harsh cold analytical was very displeasing and that metalic timber was a complete no no.
Some folks said it sounds amazing with hd800s. When I tried it I was like . Does someone has hearing problems lol
It certainly is me that has hearing problems and not just my preferences for sure. I am getting old, just because I keep saying that I love Dx220EX and Amp8EX with Hd800s. It shouldn’t be my personal preferences either, because then I couldn’t have 2 different opposite preferences , such as I love Sony, and but I also do love Ibasso Dx200 and DX220. Pardon me

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #3,581 of 8,191
It certainly is me that has hearing problems and not just my preferences for sure. I am getting old, just because I keep saying that I love Dx220EX and Amp8EX with Hd800s. It shouldn’t be my personal preferences either, because then I couldn’t have 2 different opposite preferences , such as I love Sony, and but I also do love Ibasso Dx200 and DX220. Pardon me

I am sorry didnt mean it to be bad, I heard hd800s out of hdv820 with ifi usb cable and furutech powercable, plus wireworld all copper on hd800s and from that sublime setup going to dx200 amp 08 with hd800s was a very unpleasant experience. Sorry I kinda have let my emotions talk .
Dmp z1 is the best use for hd800s :)

Jan 28, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #3,582 of 8,191
I am sorry didnt mean it to be bad, I heard hd800s out of hdv820 with ifi usb cable and furutech powercable, plus wireworld all copper on hd800s and from that sublime setup going to dx200 amp 08 with hd800s was a very unpleasant experience. Sorry I kinda have let my emotions talk .
Dmp z1 is the best use for hd800s :)
:wink: we are slowly getting there, but known that “form and sizes do matter” ! Therefore, compromises will have to happen.

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #3,583 of 8,191
I think comparing performance of HD800 family on desktop vs portable is very difficult, or maybe meaningless because we are on a very different benchmark, so please don't start this issue, again. Can't comment on others but Cayin N6ii (I'll pick T01 in this case, IMHO) and N8 are "not that bad" when using it with HD800 family, but if you add a $700 Cayin iHA-6 to the chain (even with 3.5mm line out from DAP only), the system will just elevate to next level. So does that make N6ii or N8 "inadequate"?

The HD800 family is a very scalable headphone and portable DAP can hardly provide the voltage swing that can make them sing at their best, so if we want to hear the full potential of these headphones, start with desktop setup please. However if you have the headphone already and want to make good use of it instead of letting it lying around, and DAP is your only resource available, be my guest and give it a try, some music is always better than no music in my book.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 28, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #3,584 of 8,191
:wink: we are slowly getting there, but known that “form and sizes do matter” ! Therefore, compromises will have to happen.
Who is this "we".

Jan 28, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #3,585 of 8,191
DAPs and 800S...hmm. Just try it with a good (ideally fully balanced) desktop setup and you will never plug them back into DAPs)
I tried to put them into balanced output of the n6ii - no, these are not the 800s...weird sound, distorted FR

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back