Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Nov 22, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #2,761 of 8,192
Interesting. I've obviously not heard the F7, just going off others impressions and what CA has on their website. I have the CA Blacks so I compared the differences there also and was a little concerned that I wouldn't like the 7s. Not saying that the 7s aren't awesome, I just didn't want to take the chance.

Yeah I see why you’d think that but those graphs are relative... it’s brighter than the Black or the FIBAE4 but I sure can vouch the FIBAE7 is not bright overall. It has energetic mids and sparkly lower treble and good upper treble presence but this adds excitement... the bass presence is strong as well as full bodied mids...the baseline of the overall is still organic and warm to me. This combination is what makes the F7 so exceptional to me...

Nov 23, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #2,763 of 8,192
CBD38A12-BFA6-416E-9613-670B2FE84EA3.jpeg

Today .. N6ii -> Dunu Hulk -> Legend X

delicious combo :)

Nov 23, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #2,765 of 8,192
How is the Dunu Hulk? I just picked one up to try it with my IEM cache.
i like the hulk. it adds some fullness to the mids , a very nice bass texture and still clean airy highs :) the only downside ... its very heavy.. i use a cable clip ( from penon ) with it , that fix that issue while on the go use.
the change of termination is really easy and done in secounds :)

Nov 23, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #2,766 of 8,192
How is the Dunu Hulk? I just picked one up to try it with my IEM cache.

Hulk is great, fantastic build as good as cables 3/4x the price... and the plug system is better than the DITA Oslo... as far as I am concerned it brings more body overall, good textures and superb bass control. It’s not heavier than 8 wires cables and it’s just as thick as most 8 wire in fact...

Nov 23, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #2,767 of 8,192
Hulk is great, fantastic build as good as cables 3/4x the price... and the plug system is better than the DITA Oslo... as far as I am concerned it brings more body overall, good textures and superb bass control. It’s not heavier than 8 wires cables and it’s just as thick as most 8 wire in fact...
if not even thicker :D

Nov 23, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #2,768 of 8,192
Nov 23, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #2,769 of 8,192
i like the hulk. it adds some fullness to the mids , a very nice bass texture and still clean airy highs :) the only downside ... its very heavy.. i use a cable clip ( from penon ) with it , that fix that issue while on the go use.
I like big thick cables. Makes your chain feel substantial. I have a PW Audio No. 5 8 core that is really thick and love it.

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #2,770 of 8,192

Well this is really awesome to hear good things about it! I'm looking forward to the HULK!

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #2,771 of 8,192
Which module would be the best pairing for Anole VX – A01 or T01?

Main concern is the highs and resolution. As far I as learnt, T01 is not recommended for bright IEMs. I wonder, if that’s the case.

For me A01 wins so far but i've only got approaching 48hrs on T01 and from experience with A01, it really needs a few more hours on it to hit the sweet spot.

Initial impressions, A01 SE wins it for me on SE, T01 is sounding pretty good on balanced (only just started to listen to T01) but my 2.5mm cable is out on loan so can only use stock VX cable on SE and an alternative cable on 4.4, so not a fair comparison. Got a Danu hulk on the way so will be able to compare modules without cable affecting sound.

I wouldn't say T01 is particularly bright in the top end, it's just more open. A01 maybe slightly more organic and can't really go wrong paired with VX. I'll back to back both modules towards the end of the week and see where they're at. Hoping a few more hours on T01 pulls the midrange up a bit.

I use VX set on default 0/0/0. Wasn't a massive fan of 1/0/0. Already has plenty of bass when it's fed with it!

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #2,775 of 8,192
Do you know which side I can find this comparison on?
Just type WM1Z in the “search this thread” bar towards the top of this page

Users who are viewing this thread

Back