Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Oct 26, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #2,371 of 8,211
Why do you you both line out outputs at the same time?
Suppose to ground it. Mine didnt have that extra cable and it sounded so good.

Oct 26, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #2,373 of 8,211
Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #2,374 of 8,211
And a question re how well does the n6ii seivw the lcd3 compared to full amps - like you nfb28?

do you think the n6ii is best bought for iems and easy to drive hps ?

I think you know the answer to this. The real question is, does the N6ii do well enough for full-size headphones that you can still enjoy them away from your mighty desktop systems?

The answer for me, at least, is yes. I regularly use an un-amped DAP to drive my 300Ω ZMF Atticus while at work. The iBasso AMP8 makes all their modular DAPs powerful enough to make Atticus and my LCD-3 sound really good. And now I know the N6ii does too.

We're living in a beautiful time, people, where you no longer need to stack in order to get ridiculous headphones like the LCD-3 to sound full and complete. :D

An insane attempt, but please give it try, (N6II+T01 vs N6II) + (T01 single-end line out to iHA-6) driving yoru LCD3 :beerchug:

I have the iHA-6 out on my desk right now, so maybe I'll give this a go later today. :)

DX7 & iHA-6 01.jpg
DX7 & TA-20 01.jpg

Oct 26, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #2,375 of 8,211
I think you know the answer to this. The real question is, does the N6ii do well enough for full-size headphones that you can still enjoy them away from your mighty desktop systems?

The answer for me, at least, is yes. I regularly use an un-amped DAP to drive my 300Ω ZMF Atticus while at work. The iBasso AMP8 makes all their modular DAPs powerful enough to make Atticus and my LCD-3 sound really good. And now I know the N6ii does too.

We're living in a beautiful time, people, where you no longer need to stack in order to get ridiculous headphones like the LCD-3 to sound full and complete. :D

I appreciate the response

The two daps that I am considering are the n6ii and the kann cube
In that I am looking at where they excel and where the compromises lie in the two including how they each drive full sized hps and iems, bluetooth and wifi capabilities, portability and value of them as a dac at home. I don't expect all boxes to be ticked off by either of these two but they are both inviting

So it's also good to hear from members that are using these with their own gear and getting some relative comparisons

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #2,378 of 8,211
To me the Cube has one huge problem - bass. It is not tight at all, is too much...
I didn’t feel like that about the bass when i demoed it twice with my se846 and focal spirit pro but i will try it again in the next month or so and specifically keep an ear out for it

I felt that the n6ii has more bottom end fullness from what I read here - i have not yet heard the n6ii

Oct 27, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #2,379 of 8,211
I didn’t feel like that about the bass when i demoed it twice with my se846 and focal spirit pro but i will try it again in the next month or so and specifically keep an ear out for it

I felt that the n6ii has more bottom end fullness from what I read here - i have not yet heard the n6ii

N6ii has not only more bottom end fullness but also sweet mellow midrange and detailed treble. :smile_phones:

Oct 27, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #2,380 of 8,211
For sure, we all hear differently. Kann Cube was the 1st candidate to replace my idsd micro black label, to me idsd has the best and reference bass (very tight, very fast, detailed) among portable / transportable sources and the Cube to me was a real disappointment in comparison with what idsd micro bl can do. Cayin n6ii was not that bad. I still can not say the the cayin is on pair with the micro but close. The micro remains faster and tighter.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #2,381 of 8,211
This is what is great of these options- i easily preferred the kann cube over the idsd bl but you hear otherwise. It’s all good

obviously ymmv

Oct 27, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #2,382 of 8,211
Can anyone compare Cayin N6ii with Calyx M? Thank you

Oct 27, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #2,383 of 8,211
For sure, we all hear differently. Kann Cube was the 1st candidate to replace my idsd micro black label, to me idsd has the best and reference bass (very tight, very fast, detailed) among portable / transportable sources and the Cube to me was a real disappointment in comparison with what idsd micro bl can do. Cayin n6ii was not that bad. I still can not say the the cayin is on pair with the micro but close. The micro remains faster and tighter.

Even so....
Cayin n6ii is a stand alone dap and is capable to do android and play music. No need for extra bulk nor devices.

Idsd black is just a dac amp and requires a phone or pc to be used so thats less practical so cayin n6ii wins :wink:

Oct 27, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #2,384 of 8,211
Even so....
Cayin n6ii is a stand alone dap and is capable to do android and play music. No need for extra bulk nor devices.

Idsd black is just a dac amp and requires a phone or pc to be used so thats less practical so cayin n6ii wins :wink:
Correct, and I'm happy with n6ii so far..

Oct 27, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #2,385 of 8,211
Hello, has anyone tried pairing lcd i3 out of n6ii? does it sound bad, needs EQing?

I have and I think it sounds great. Just as the lcd-i3 is great out of my Hugo 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back