Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Oct 24, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #2,311 of 8,192
Thanks for the heads up,

Yea I personally think why make only SE only when it can be balanced and se without any issues. If they bring 9038 pro that be awsome I do to want to see that amp to come to life to :)

Tube amp is awsome maybe one day :) they could do this you know, since tube amp is bigger and need more space, they actually could make it bigger even if its going to change the dimensions of n6ii they still could at least do the tube amp module! If it get taller not a big deal in my opinion!

My dap is on its way I checked my tracking # if all goes well may receive it tomorrow ! :)
If a company makes a great amp it doesnt need it to be balanced. I think balance is a cheaper way of getting more MW from an amp. If the company funds alot on the amp that amp can be superior to an amp that has 3.5 and 4.4.

Oct 24, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #2,313 of 8,192
Quite telling is the anticipation about E01 and the buzz around it :D

I want a C01 Chord amp card with their FPGA chip :eye:

Oct 24, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #2,315 of 8,192
If a company makes a great amp it doesnt need it to be balanced. I think balance is a cheaper way of getting more MW from an amp. If the company funds alot on the amp that amp can be superior to an amp that has 3.5 and 4.4.

I think you are right, it can be se and if done extreamly well it may also sound better then a balanced output. For me this is my first experience with cayin and from what I read they have a very tasteful approach to the sound and I love that !
9038 Pro ESS is gona be a killer but please keep it silky and smooothe Cayin :)

Quite telling is the anticipation about E01 and the buzz around it :D

I want a C01 Chord amp card with their FPGA chip :eye:

HAHAHA thats a good one but dreadming is always a good thing :p

I have read earlier you mentioned you loved the Idsd Black and that the t01 is similar patch of sound as the Ifi. I think I made the right choice then going with a01 since I did have the idi black to before and it was paired with my hd800s at that time, I found idsd black treble extension some what cold and harsh dont know but it reminded me a lot dx208 lol. Lets just say not my desired or preferred timber.
I am happy a01 amp has akm and its going to be my first ever experience with akm and I will finally hear that dac hallelujah lol

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #2,316 of 8,192
I really want a full-on Burr Brown DAC.

Oct 24, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #2,317 of 8,192
Hi, I have the Acoustic research ar-m2 that has an Burr Brown DAC and I love the sound of this dap, I was wondering if anyone that has the Cayin N6 with T01 card has the Acoustic research ar-m2 and can make a comparison between the two

Oct 24, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #2,318 of 8,192
Hi, I have the Acoustic research ar-m2 that has an Burr Brown DAC and I love the sound of this dap, I was wondering if anyone that has the Cayin N6 with T01 card has the Acoustic research ar-m2 and can make a comparison between the two

To me the new technology is always better. If you are in the DIY department you’ll see the new components are excellently sounding compared to the old technology. The DAC is important but the components that help those types of DAC improved. My 2 cents!

Oct 24, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #2,319 of 8,192
I would nuance this... technology is getting better fast for sure but I see a lot of bleeding edge tech being quite disappointing vs older tech... crafty tuning and understanding music is still of the essence. Some Lower tech products have the edge because of craft... now the best is to have both then it’s a killer combo.

Oct 24, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #2,320 of 8,192
To me the new technology is always better. If you are in the DIY department you’ll see the new components are excellently sounding compared to the old technology. The DAC is important but the components that help those types of DAC improved. My 2 cents!
I wish that to be true , but I tried new and to my ears DAPs like Calyx M and Acoustic research ar-m2 sound better than the new ones. It is more about the implementation, not always new equal better

Oct 24, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #2,321 of 8,192
I might be leaning away from this one. On a review of the N6ii, it was stated that Legend X bass bleeds into the lower mids on this dap. The same reviewer stated the DX220 did not have any bleed with Legend X. My current two daps do not have any bleed into Legend X. Can someone confirm what I reported from a review on the N6ii paired with Legend X?

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #2,322 of 8,192
I would nuance this... technology is getting better fast for sure but I see a lot of bleeding edge tech being quite disappointing vs older tech... crafty tuning and understanding music is still of the essence. Some Lower tech products have the edge because of craft... now the best is to have both then it’s a killer combo.

For sure, currently really enjoying the Plenue M2 and Plenue S, both BurrBrown. The S has the 1792 the same as the T01

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #2,323 of 8,192
I might be leaning away from this one. On a review of the N6ii, it was stated that Legend X bass bleeds into the lower mids on this dap. The same reviewer stated the DX220 did not have any bleed with Legend X. My current two daps do not have any bleed into Legend X. Can someone confirm what I reported from a review on the N6ii paired with Legend X?

Both A01 and T01 sound clean with my Legend X.

Oct 25, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #2,324 of 8,192
If they bring 9038 pro that be awsome I do to want to see that amp to come to life to :)
Have not heard anything good yet on the 9038 chip in portable sources - AK Kann Cube and Futura are not good examples of this DAC implementation...

Oct 25, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #2,325 of 8,192
Have not heard anything good yet on the 9038 chip in portable sources - AK Kann Cube and Futura are not good examples of this DAC implementation...

But Cowon Plenue L is a stunning implementation of the 9038Pro I was really impressed by its musicality and technicalities as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back