Cayin N6ii, Unlimited Possibilities: a fully modularized smart DAP
Oct 23, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #2,296 of 8,191
Do you have overheating issues with your N6ii? This Tour Unit shuts off when it heats up. Then turns on when it cools.

I don't really know... as I own a N6ii I have mainly been using mine except for A/B between T-01 and A-01 so I have used it fairly little but it seems ok

They lack information about stock on the products.... I enquired to know if there was some left in stock...

Oct 23, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #2,298 of 8,191
That’s a very good question... someone knows something about that ?

Brexit won't happen for real anytime soon. There will most likely be a one year transition period, where everything stays the same.

Oct 23, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #2,299 of 8,191
Ok this has happened I ORDERED mine from musicteck!!! Open box 1049 )

Lets see how I like this new sexy dap
I chosen the a01

Oct 23, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #2,300 of 8,191
So I ordered T01 also from Musicteck after checking with them that they had the item in stock... I just received the DITA Oslo cable and I have some input on the T01/A01 that is a bit different with a warmer cable :)

Oct 23, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #2,301 of 8,191
This is so amazing.
Thanks to musicteck I ordered an open box n6ii and they said they had to keep that one for audition for customers or it was sent for audition not sure.

Big story is I am getting a brand new unit for same price as the like new open box wooooohooo.

Oct 23, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #2,302 of 8,191
This is so amazing.
Thanks to musicteck I ordered an open box n6ii and they said they had to keep that one for audition for customers or it was sent for audition not sure.

Big story is I am getting a brand new unit for same price as the like new open box wooooohooo.

Wow. Nice.

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #2,304 of 8,191
Any news on e01 amp ?
What is it all about?

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #2,305 of 8,191
Any news on e01 amp ? What is it all about?

E01 is due in december if all goes well, it has a single ended 3.5 output only and as hinted in its name it will be based on an ESS DAC chip (I hope 9038 Pro). Some of us dream of a NuTubes card so there is that, but it would look like it's not... whichever, Cayin said it would be a totally new design so I suspect different OPAMP. If it's not NuTubes then my bet is powerful amp card as Cayin said it would get warm and have shorter battery life...

Suspense!

You have quite a bit of info earlier in the thread : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...rized-smart-dap.904153/page-136#post-15235282

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #2,306 of 8,191
E01 is due in december if all goes well, it has a single ended 3.5 output only and as hinted in its name it will be based on an ESS DAC chip (I hope 9038 Pro). Some of us dream of a NuTubes card so there is that, but it would look like it's not... whichever, Cayin said it would be a totally new design so I suspect different OPAMP. If it's not NuTubes then my bet is powerful amp card as Cayin said it would get warm and have shorter battery life...

Suspense!

You have quite a bit of info earlier in the thread : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...rized-smart-dap.904153/page-136#post-15235282

The fact it's single-ended only makes me think it will have NuTubes. I hope. Gotta stay competitive with iBasso.

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #2,307 of 8,191
The fact it's single-ended only makes me think it will have NuTubes. I hope. Gotta stay competitive with iBasso.
A well built amp can do what a cheap 3.5 amp with a balance amp can do.

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #2,308 of 8,191

Two things, one there might be reluctance to canibalize the N8, two those motherboard cards are thin... unless you can fit the NuTubes in the part that has the balanced and lineout, it's going to be tight as hell... iBasso amp module are thicker more room. We'll see!

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #2,309 of 8,191
Two things, one there might be reluctance to canibalize the N8, two those motherboard cards are thin... unless you can fit the NuTubes in the part that has the balanced and lineout, it's going to be tight as hell... iBasso amp module are thicker more room. We'll see!

Pretty sure andykong said something similar in this thread at some point. That it would be tough to fit them in, and if at all, it would only be one, not two as some had wanted. Of course that could be part of the reason for SE only. I also remember him saying a little while back that they were not discounting the possibility, but they were also not currently working on anything with a nutube, at a time when I believe they were likely already working on the E01 since it was after the release of the T01. So at this point for me, I think it could go either way. Since all we have are a few teases, I guess we just have to wait until they decide to drop more info.

Oct 24, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #2,310 of 8,191
Thanks for the heads up,

Yea I personally think why make only SE only when it can be balanced and se without any issues. If they bring 9038 pro that be awsome I do to want to see that amp to come to life to :)

Tube amp is awsome maybe one day :) they could do this you know, since tube amp is bigger and need more space, they actually could make it bigger even if its going to change the dimensions of n6ii they still could at least do the tube amp module! If it get taller not a big deal in my opinion!

My dap is on its way I checked my tracking # if all goes well may receive it tomorrow ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back