Cayin N5ii Technical Support thread
Nov 5, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #361 of 376
Thank you Andy for your reply. Is the battery just plugged into the mainboard or is it soldered?

Nov 5, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #362 of 376
Thank you Andy for your reply. Is the battery just plugged into the mainboard or is it soldered?
Its plugged in using a small ribbon connector which can be easily popped in or out.

20191105_191332.jpg

Btw, you'll need a suction cup to get the back open after you remove the screws.

Nov 5, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #364 of 376
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 7, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #365 of 376
I have a problem with my Cayin n5ii, I keep getting a message that Storage Space is running out and some system functions may not work. However according to the device I have 18gb available in memory and 36.5gb available on my SD card. What is going on and what can I do?

Thanks

Nov 9, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #366 of 376
I managed to open up the player, detach and reattach the battery but it still does not work, maybe the battery is dead.
Is there a way to get a replacement one or a compatible one?

Nov 12, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #367 of 376
Anyone?
I'm still searching for a solution to replace the battery...

Nov 14, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #368 of 376
I wrote an email to technical support, I hope to get more help.

Nov 15, 2019 at 1:32 AM Post #369 of 376
I have a problem with my Cayin n5ii, I keep getting a message that Storage Space is running out and some system functions may not work. However according to the device I have 18gb available in memory and 36.5gb available on my SD card. What is going on and what can I do?

Thanks

Take the microSD card out and perform a double wipe, this will clear the cache and return the N5ii to its original operation status. Insert the SD card back to the player after you have confirmed that the player is fully functional after the double wipe.

The instruction to double wipe N5ii and N5iiS are as follow:

10089640.png

10205070.png

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 20, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #372 of 376
The 2.5 balanced jack on my N5II is starting to have intermittent cut outs on the left channel. I tried cleaning it with contact cleaner and 93% isopropyl and neither did the trick.

Has anybody had this issue, and if so what remedies were considered? I have contacted my vendor, MusicTeck. I am just wondering how hard it is to repair or replace the jack in the US vs. sending the unit to China.

Jan 20, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #374 of 376
Probably broke a solder connection or cracked the springy contact. Resolder or replacing the jack is in order. If they do repair, it shouldn't be a big deal.
It looks like a repair would have to be made in China if I want it to be factory authorized. Which would certainly slow things down.

Anybody ever repair something like this in the US? Is it hard to find a female 2.5 balanced jack for a DAP unit like this?

I must admit I am not looking forward to sending the unit to China which would be slow and I bet shipping will not be cheap.

Jan 20, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #375 of 376
It looks like a repair would have to be made in China if I want it to be factory authorized. Which would certainly slow things down.

Anybody ever repair something like this in the US? Is it hard to find a female 2.5 balanced jack for a DAP unit like this?

I must admit I am not looking forward to sending the unit to China which would be slow and I bet shipping will not be cheap.
beats me. I had a bad iBasso DX-90 jack but am capable of doing some repairs so they just sent me a couple replacement jacks. Pretty cool but the compactness of these things with puzzle assemblies makes it scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back