Cayin N5ii Technical Support thread
Apr 19, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #76 of 376
I want to buy this DAP to use as an USB transport with my GO2Pro Infinity DAC/AMP (which only has USB input). So I wonder if it would work with a USB Type C to Micro-USB cable - Whether the Cayin N5ii supports it.
It supports it but I'd recommend the N3 if your just looking for a transport. If you need 2 card slots then N5ii it is.

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #77 of 376
That seems to be the 3575th unit. Mine is the 2414th unit. That rules out that only early batches are bad. Yours should be newer than mine if I'm reading it right.

Does your model have a silver or gold scroll wheel?
The scroll wheel is silver.

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #78 of 376
The scroll wheel is silver.
Random batch issue it is. Could be the ram? Low quality ram can be a possible issue but seriously I'm just grasping at straws here haha.

I'm tempted to open up my N5ii but I don't want to damage the screws since i dont have helix screwdrivers

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #82 of 376
I am using my phone but I hope a dedicated device will improve the SQ
That would be impossible. Get a better dac/amp.

Maybe a chord mojo or a iFi xDSD

Apr 19, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #83 of 376
That would be impossible. Get a better dac/amp.

Maybe a chord mojo or a iFi xDSD

I listen mainly to instrumentals so I prefer the bright GO2Pro ∞ to the Mojo (bought it and sold it). It also pairs nicer with the HD650 on balanced.

Apr 19, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #84 of 376
I listen mainly to instrumentals so I prefer the bright GO2Pro ∞ to the Mojo (bought it and sold it). It also pairs nicer with the HD650 on balanced.
Oh? Then we both like the same type of music :)

Upgrade your headphones then. I wholeheartedly recommend the Hifiman Sundara. The instrument separation is superb. Very close to TOTL headphones like the LCD-X. If it's too detailed for you then maybe try the HD660S. Still very good.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #85 of 376
Cayin,

Out of curiosity, does HiBy have dedicated staff still available to fix bugs in their firmware for OEM customers like Cayin? I was wondering to what degree Cayin will get support once the causes of some of these key bugs have been identified. I noticed that Shanling has pretty much given up on using HiBy for their new products. Perhaps that two of you (and others like FIIO) should team up and create your own versions of HiBy.

I still look forward to the launch of improved firmware that can support more posts on the main thread about sound quality and less about bugs.

Apr 20, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #86 of 376
IMG_20180421_050230.png

Hang tight guys :)

Apr 20, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #87 of 376
I'm not a customer, but I'm watching this thread with interest (from a positive standpoint).

popcorn emoticon small.gif

N5ii seems a nice DAP; I hope the bugs get sorted and people can enjoy it

Apr 21, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #89 of 376
N5ii seems a nice DAP; I hope the bugs get sorted and people can enjoy it
Please allow me to correct you: it is a great DAP.

Apr 21, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #90 of 376
Please allow me to correct you: it is a great DAP.
Soundwise it is :D
Much better than others in its price bracket except for the Opus 1S which some may consider as a warmer alternative while being almost as capable technically.

Firmware is pretty stable on mine so it's superb. Could use a faster processor though. YouTube videos are laggy but the sound is ok.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back