Cayin N5ii Technical Support thread
Apr 25, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #106 of 376
Thank you for replying. Perhaps I was not clear enough in my description of the problem.

The unit displays a blank screen when it is turned on. (At least, the charge/power LED turns on when I hold the On/Off button for a couple of seconds, so I assume it is On.)

It displays a blank screen when I attempt a Reset by pressing and holding the On/Off button and the Previous button simultaneously. although the power LED lights up.

Because of the black screen, there is no way to get at *any* menu.

As far as the display is concerned, the unit is as if the it was turned off. Only the Power LED lighting indicates that *something* has happened in response to pressing the On/Off button.

Also, when the unit is connected to the USB wall charger, the charge LED turns on, but does not fluctuate and the screen remains blank. The picture of the battery and the charge state do not appear.
There have been cases where the N5ii shows a blank screen when the display is turned on. Never encountered it during boot though.

How long did you wait for the N5ii to boot before trying to reset it?

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #107 of 376
There have been cases where the N5ii shows a blank screen when the display is turned on. Never encountered it during boot though.

How long did you wait for the N5ii to boot before trying to reset it?
I think I waited about 30 seconds the first time I tried to turn it on when the screen didn't respond.

Doing the Reset method, I actually counted to 60.

Pretty sure that nothing was going to happen after that amount of time.

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #108 of 376
I think I waited about 30 seconds the first time I tried to turn it on when the screen didn't respond.

Doing the Reset method, I actually counted to 60.

Pretty sure that nothing was going to happen after that amount of time.
Ok so you are able to get the LED on but there is nothing on the screen?

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #110 of 376
This is the "multiple entries" bug I experience that I mentioned in the discussion thread. As you can see, the same track is displayed (and consequently played) multiple times. Another bug I found (using the latest beta) is that sometimes the player plays a track showing the wrong title. This seems to be especially true when a CUE file is in the folder.

Cayin-N5ii-screenshot-18.jpg
I found a monster

IMG_20180425_224950.jpg

There aren't even any cue files in there!!!!!

Edit: Just a visual bug, exiting and re-entering the folder made it disappear

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #111 of 376
I found a monster

There aren't even any cue files in there!!!!!
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Mal comune, mezzo gaudio (an Italian saying whose explaining is: I am "half glad" we share bad luck, both because I can share my frustration with others and because I rejoice from the fact that others are as unlucky as I am, levelling out the luck distribution).

@CayinSupport: I sent you a PM with the files!

Apr 25, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #112 of 376
Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Mal comune, mezzo gaudio (an Italian saying whose explaining is: I am "half glad" we share bad luck, both because I can share my frustration with others and because I rejoice from the fact that others are as unlucky as I am, levelling out the luck distribution).

Oh, it was just a hilarious visual bug while it lasted.

Apr 25, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #113 of 376
CA6ACA31-4DB9-4796-A998-4EB3BB08845A.jpeg
This is the "multiple entries" bug I experience that I mentioned in the discussion thread. As you can see, the same track is displayed (and consequently played) multiple times. Another bug I found (using the latest beta) is that sometimes the player plays a track showing the wrong title. This seems to be especially true when a CUE file is in the folder.

Cayin-N5ii-screenshot-18.jpg
[/Q
I have this same bug, I’d be curious to know the fix, do I just need to delete cue files from the folder?

Apr 25, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #114 of 376

I have this same bug, I’d be curious to know the fix, do I just need to delete cue files from the folder?
Deleting the cue file should work.

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #117 of 376

Hi, I just downloaded your music file and put in my N5ii. Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce your issue. I have forwarded your files to our senior for further test

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 26, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #119 of 376
I have problems with my unit. When i turn on the player i see android recovery menu.After Reset i see only recovery menu. Firmwere is 3.1. How to resolve the problem?

I found the reason. One of the buttons(pause) is not good connected. When i play music and touch this button playing is crashing and i have to open music library again, find the track and play i again.
Maybe someone has opened the unit and know how to do it?

Apr 26, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #120 of 376
Did he send the entire folder or just a few tracks? The problem is only present if there is also a CUE sheet
The entire folder. The VPN was very slow on my side and it stopped working after I download 6th songs. I just double check the songs I downloaded this morning and found no cue file song. Maybe this is the reason as you said. I will continue to download the full folder and try again.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back