Cayin N5ii Technical Support thread
Apr 26, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #121 of 376
This is the "multiple entries" bug I experience that I mentioned in the discussion thread. As you can see, the same track is displayed (and consequently played) multiple times. Another bug I found (using the latest beta) is that sometimes the player plays a track showing the wrong title. This seems to be especially true when a CUE file is in the folder.

Cayin-N5ii-screenshot-18.jpg

I have this same bug, I’d be curious to know the fix, do I just need to delete cue files from the folder?

Could you please copy these files to the local storage to see what happens?Or you could backup your cue files in your computer first and then delete the cue files to have a try. The VPN is not stable on my side now so that I cannot download the folder from slater91 currently. very sorry for the delay test!

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 26, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #122 of 376
I have problems with my unit. When i turn on the player i see android recovery menu.After Reset i see only recovery menu. Firmwere is 3.1. How to resolve the problem?

I found the reason. One of the buttons(pause) is not good connected. When i play music and touch this button playing is crashing and i have to open music library again, find the track and play i again.
Maybe someone has opened the unit and know how to do it?

May I have a screenshot of your android recovery menu? You need to click on pause button quickly to stop music playing. If you keep pressing the pause button, N5ii will stop playing music and back to home page.

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #123 of 376
You need to click on pause button quickly to stop music playing. If you keep pressing the pause button, N5ii will stop playing music and back to home page.
Basically, press once to pause/play and hold down to kill all apps and return to home page.

Apr 26, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #124 of 376
Could you please copy these files to the local storage to see what happens?Or you could backup your cue files in your computer first and then delete the cue files to have a try. The VPN is not stable on my side now so that I cannot download the folder from slater91 currently. very sorry for the delay test!
Tried that to no avail, it is the same. Also, CUE files seem to cause issues but only sometimes, as I have them in 90% of folders but I have issues in some 10%. So it seems like there's an issue with certain CUE files only.

Apr 26, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #125 of 376
Tried that to no avail, it is the same. Also, CUE files seem to cause issues but only sometimes, as I have them in 90% of folders but I have issues in some 10%. So it seems like there's an issue with certain CUE files only.
Yes, that's what I said a few pages ago. Only some cue files cause issues. In my case M3U cue files will cause issues while M3U8 files work fine.

Folders without cue files have no issue at all.

Apr 26, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #126 of 376
May I have a screenshot of your android recovery menu? You need to click on pause button quickly to stop music playing. If you keep pressing the pause button, N5ii will stop playing music and back to home page.
I clicked quiqly and player came back to main menu. I had a problem with other buttons but mainly with pause button. When i pressed the power button player flashed a recovery menu. I read that bad connections may cause a short circuit inside the player. I tried to open the player but it is very difficult. So this is what i figure out.I screw two bolts and gently move back side of the player. After that i mount this two bolts gently. Now player is ok but im affraid that problem may return

Attachments

• 1524738394209-1621666865.jpg
    1524738394209-1621666865.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Apr 26, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #127 of 376
@CayinSupport
Just checking in to see if you have on your bug log the 3 items I reported in this thread.

1) Random track skips (song will be in the middle of playing and then advance to the next track) (post 2200 in the main thread)
2) Lyrics display issue (post 47 in this thread)
3) Blurry album art issue (post 1 of this thread)

Please let me know if you have these logged.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #129 of 376
Just checking in to see if you have on your bug log the 3 items I reported in this bread.

1) Random track skips (song will be in the middle of playing and then advance to the next track) (post 2200 in the main thread)
2) Lyrics display issue (post 47 in this thread)
3) Blurry album art issue (post 1 of this thread)

Please let me know if you have these logged.

Thanks!

Hi, what is your N5ii firmware?
1) How many songs have this problem? Are they the same format? in one card or both cards? Copy these files to the local storage, does it still happen? are these songs working properly with other players? Maybe you can rescan all the song again.
2)Could you please send me your lyric files to community@cayin.cn and info@cayin.cn for our analysis?
3) I couldn't see it anywhere. Can I have a link or detailed description again?

Apr 26, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #131 of 376
Hi, what is your N5ii firmware?
1) How many songs have this problem? Are they the same format? in one card or both cards? Copy these files to the local storage, does it still happen? are these songs working properly with other players? Maybe you can rescan all the song again.
2)Could you please send me your lyric files to community@cayin.cn and info@cayin.cn for our analysis?
3) I couldn't see it anywhere. Can I have a link or detailed description again?

I am 3.1en

1) I have only experienced this less than 5 times (not sure if is song dependent or not, all different songs). All my files are in FLAC format. I am using both SD card slots, but all the skipping came from tracks on TF Card 1. I have not tried local storage. I can try that and a rescan. The songs work fine on my windows 10 PC.

2) File sent via email to your community email address along with the text in the forum post. This is a common way for .lrc files to be written. They displayed fine on my previous FiiO players.

3) Album art will randomly appear blurry. it will show as usual, just be blurry. I have only had this once, but others have reported it. Art is fine when viewed on other players. I could repeat the blurry album art on one specific track. Now I just pulled the track up and it is fine. Post 1 in this thread has it as the #2 issue. Clearing the cache may solve it.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #132 of 376
I clicked quiqly and player came back to main menu. I had a problem with other buttons but mainly with pause button. When i pressed the power button player flashed a recovery menu. I read that bad connections may cause a short circuit inside the player. I tried to open the player but it is very difficult. So this is what i figure out.I screw two bolts and gently move back side of the player. After that i mount this two bolts gently. Now player is ok but im affraid that problem may return

It seems like the hardware issue. If so, you could contact your dealer to do a field test.

Apr 26, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #133 of 376
I am 3.1en

1) I have only experienced this less than 5 times (not sure if is song dependent or not, all different songs). All my files are in FLAC format I have only experienced it less than 5 times). I am using both SD card slots, but all the skipping came from tracks on TF Card 1. I have not tried local storage. I can try that and a rescan. The songs work fine on my windows 10 PC.

2) File sent via email to your community email address along with the text in the forum post. This is a common way for .lrc files to be written. They displayed fine on my previous FiiO players.

3) Album art will randomly appear blurry. it will show as usual, just be blurry. I have only had this once, but others have reported it. Art is fine when viewed on other players. I could repeat the blurry album art on one specific track. Now I just pulled the track up and it is fine. Post 1 in this thread has it as the #2 issue. Clearing the cache may solve it.

1) please let me know your result.
2) Thank you! I have already forwarded to our senior engineers.
3) This is a known bug and we will improve it in the subsequent firmware.

Apr 26, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #134 of 376
1) please let me know your result.
2) Thank you! I have already forwarded to our senior engineers.
3) This is a known bug and we will improve it in the subsequent firmware.

I will. And thank you. Let me know if you need further inform on #2. I can send as many examples as you need.

Here is a screenshot of the lyrics screen when that song is played. Notice the time stamps being displayed, not the lyrics.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sj45qc6c9qr5o04/2018-04-26 22.45.01.jpg?dl=0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back