1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin N5ii Technical Support thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by seanwee, Mar 28, 2018.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last
  1. CayinSupport
    Sure, I will inform you if I receive any message.Thanks for the picture

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  2. CayinSupport
    Hi, please resend the problematic lyric and music files to me. Only lyric isn't enough.

3. CayinSupport
    Dear all,

We have received several feedback that some customers use 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter in N5ii for their headphones recently, causing N5ii damage. Please DON’T use in 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter in N5ii anymore. Because by using this adapter, you are MERGING two independent ground to one connection, this is risky because the two ground are not necessarily the same level, and this might create impulsive signal and damage your headphone at exreme situation. In short, this adapter will force L- and R- of balance output to be short-circuited. However, you can do it the other way around. ( 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter is totally ok with our N5ii)

4. D35_Johnson
    Although the dealer originally said I needed to contact the Canadian distributor, I did get a call back from them saying they would exchange the unit if I brought the old one back to them.

Made the exchange yesterday and everything seems to working properly today with the new unit.

Roughly $100 in gas to drive there and back, but it could have been worse. Glad to have a working unit again. The sound is great.

Thanks for the suggestions to try and get the old one back in operation!

5. ngs428
    I replied to my first email with the lrc files attached and links to 2 FLAC files. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

6. pazi1980
    It was hardwere issue. I resolve the problem with buttons:
    I opened the player and put a piece of paper between pause button and metal player part. Now buttons work fine and i dont have problems with recovery menu.
    As i exspected everything because of short circuit inside the player during pressing buttons(pause button).

7. Andykong
    I have copied your cases to our service engineer, will try to catch the bug at production line and make sure similar cases will not happen in subsequent production.

Please accept our apology, we are truly sorry for all the inconvenient caused,

8. ngs428
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  9. DBurkeM
    Do we have any visibility to specifically what is being worked on for an upcoming firmware release?

I really love the sound of the N5ii but am disappointed that DAC mode doesn't work as it should even on a new Mac Book Pro with a new USB-C cable.

When can we expect a new firmware revision?

10. RobFisher
    Hello! This is my first post on these forums; I wanted to post a useful bug report.

I am finding the play/pause button response to be erratic. Intermittent symptoms I have seen:
    1) If the device is asleep (screen off; no music playing) the play button sometimes does not respond. I must wake the device first then press the play button. Perhaps this is a limitation of Android and not a bug. But sometimes it does respond and start playing.

2) Sometimes when I press the play button, the Google Play Music app starts playing music, despite the fact that Audio Priority Mode is enabled and I had previously been listening to the built-in HibyMusic app. I have a photo I could send showing the pull-down menu with "Audio Priority Mode" enabled and at the bottom you can see the Google Play Music notification complete with a pause button (indicating it is playing). It's as if this app is waking in the background and grabbing button focus.

I hope this is useful. My version is 3.1en.

11. Slater91
    I can confirm this is an issue. The same actually happened to me, too. I had PowerAmp installed and it started playing instead of the built-in app.

12. Signal2Noise
    Is there a chance to get involved with the beta firmware releases?

13. pazi1980
    Unfortunetelly problems with buttons came back and it seems to be more sirious

14. seanwee
    Yes, it's voluntary. Maybe send Andy or cayin support a pm?

Signal2Noise likes this.
  15. CayinSupport
    Hi, sorry to tell you that we don't have a plan to add any tester currently.Because we may release a new beta firmware recently and all the test operation or progress will be adjusted after new beta firmware released

Signal2Noise likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last