Cayin N5ii Technical Support thread
May 22, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #181 of 376
Guys, I was watching the changelog of the new software update from hiby for his dap, the hiby R6, and I've seen this new feature: ”3.1 Added HiByLink server option in WiFi network (please update smartphone's HiByMusic to newest version);"
Maybe is it possible that hibyLink through wifiDirect will be implemented in the future for our dap?

Hi, we don't have any plan to add hibylink in N5ii currently.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 22, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #182 of 376
Actions I have previously taken:
  1. Firmware upgrade performed via internal storage.
  2. Deleted firmware file from the internal storage after upgrade.
  3. Performed a complete Music Scan after firmware upgrade.
  4. Wiped cache partition in recovery mode and restarted the system.
What I am trying now:
  1. I have removed the 2xcards
  2. Performed wipe of data/factory reset in recovery mode
After setting language & time post restart, the device was caught in a loop of "Unfortunately Cayin Audio has stopped" so I performed a reboot, wiped cache partition and restarted from recovery again.

I am now caught in loop where it keeps returning recovery menu. As I have experienced this before I will leave it for a while again and then attempt restart - will keep you posted.

@CayinSupport - I am happy to be involved in further trouble-shooting/beta tests etc to hopefully help in identifying any further bugs to be killed.

May 23, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #184 of 376
Actions I have previously taken:
  1. Firmware upgrade performed via internal storage.
  2. Deleted firmware file from the internal storage after upgrade.
  3. Performed a complete Music Scan after firmware upgrade.
  4. Wiped cache partition in recovery mode and restarted the system.
What I am trying now:
  1. I have removed the 2xcards
  2. Performed wipe of data/factory reset in recovery mode
After setting language & time post restart, the device was caught in a loop of "Unfortunately Cayin Audio has stopped" so I performed a reboot, wiped cache partition and restarted from recovery again.

I am now caught in loop where it keeps returning recovery menu. As I have experienced this before I will leave it for a while again and then attempt restart - will keep you posted.

@CayinSupport - I am happy to be involved in further trouble-shooting/beta tests etc to hopefully help in identifying any further bugs to be killed.

Ok, any problems, please feel free to let me know again.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 23, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #185 of 376
My unit had problems with buttons. I disjointed the player in to pieces.I used biger screws to better main board stabilisation. Before that player was no shaking resist it ofen turned on in recovery mod and i had buttons problems . Now it works fine.My opinion: it looks nice but the inside of the player must be more solid -plastic jack input. Better screws, less empty spices inside.

May 24, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #186 of 376
Sorry to say that after wipe of data and factory reset my issues still remain. Ranges from small pauses to longer pauses where music stops and unit returns to home screen. Also had a blank screen that resolved after restart.

I tried this playing tracks from both cards and internal storage.

Having said all this, it appears I may be in the minority so perhaps I am just unlucky with my unit.

May 24, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #187 of 376
Sorry to say that after wipe of data and factory reset my issues still remain. Ranges from small pauses to longer pauses where music stops and unit returns to home screen. Also had a blank screen that resolved after restart.

I tried this playing tracks from both cards and internal storage.

Having said all this, it appears I may be in the minority so perhaps I am just unlucky with my unit.
Are you willing to try a sd card reformat? That was THE solution to all MY problems (unit freezing) but obviously it won't work for everyone.

It was annoying to have to recopy everything back after a reformat (I had about 300gb of stuff) but it was worth it.

May 31, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #189 of 376
May I have a picture which can show the problem?

Before anything else happened, I did a system reboot and that seems to have stopped any of the problems I mentioned. Thanks for being available via this thread!

Jun 2, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #191 of 376
Big disappointment here, my N5ii balanced gone wrong 2d time, i already exchanged one, now one chanel working only and if i press on the connector it changes tracks.
There's other issues like the screen blue color known bug, but this time i know there's something def not right with both 3.5 and 2.5, especially the 2.5 is so fragile..just to clarify there's been no physical accident, i got volume problems changing between the 2 inputs before a few times like loud vol suddenly,
Also serious button issues.
Now, i think despite these problems, the dap is worth it and i am gonna persist one last time, if it happens again i am moving on and my money will go to a company with solid reputation for build quality

Jun 3, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #192 of 376
Unfortunately the random pause bug has hit me again. At times it pauses momentarily, at other times reverts back to home screen and stops playing.

@CayinSupport - as previously mentioned, I am happy to be involved in further trouble-shooting/beta tests to help in further root cause analysis.

For now I will place the unit in a drawer

Jun 3, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #193 of 376
Unfortunately the random pause bug has hit me again. At times it pauses momentarily, at other times reverts back to home screen and stops playing.

@CayinSupport - as previously mentioned, I am happy to be involved in further trouble-shooting/beta tests to help in further root cause analysis.

Gave me a good chuckle. :p

Jun 5, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #194 of 376

I had the same problem.It is a hardware problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back