Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Nov 1, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #3,979 of 4,108
How is sundara scale up with N5ii? I'm have Hd58x, but want some neutral can. Looking towards sundara, hd600, dt1990 as options. But having the fact tht n5ii and sundara both neutral, I'm afraid the overall signature may be too bright.
Depends on how sensitive you are to brightness. The Sundara is neutral bright, HD600 is warm and the DT1990 is just straight up bright.

I find the N5ii + Sundara pairing to be quite good. The N5ii is neutral warm so I guess it complements the Sundara.

Nov 3, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #3,980 of 4,108
Both the 3.5 and 2.5 outputs are not working properly on my device (just hear from one, need to adjust the jack constantly)
Is there away I could send it for reparation in Europe? And how much would it be?

Thanks in advance

Nov 12, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #3,981 of 4,108
So near yet so far to get Amazon HD going (continued).

I have sideloaded the latest APK for Amazon HD.

The app starts; I can pick songs, get the graphics, but can't play anything. I can even scroll lyrics!

For online playback, the wheel just spins.

Can't download; the settings menu says "your SD card is offline".

The app knows who I am; it can see my playlists; artist, songs, etc.

Feels like there must be some kind of workaround as the app is getting so darned close to working.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #3,982 of 4,108
Both the 3.5 and 2.5 outputs are not working properly on my device (just hear from one, need to adjust the jack constantly)
Is there away I could send it for reparation in Europe? And how much would it be?

Thanks in advance

For hardware repair after warranty service, please contact service@cayin.cn, they might be able to coordinate some help in Europe locally.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 19, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #3,983 of 4,108

Thanks in advance

I am also facing the same issu with 2,5mm balanced output.
I have to press on LO/PO button each time to activate 3,5mm output.
Doesn't seem so complicated to repair, would be great to have the reference number of those outputs and some sketches or pictures to help repairers.
Is there a recommended repair shop in Europe (Germany) ?

Nov 20, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #3,984 of 4,108
Wrong topic

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #3,986 of 4,108
If Amazon HD wont play and you just get a rotating thing (processing, processing) you need to start a track that's 24/96 in another app (i use neutron) then stop it and switch to Amazon HD and it will play just fine. It is some bug in Amazon HD app that wont activate the sound driver the proper way.

I was really hoping there would be some way to run the Amazon HD app (sideloaded) on the N5II. I run in to a similar issue that came from a FIIO unit thread. I just get to a point where the wheel spins. Has anybody been able to get this app to work on the Cayin N5II, and would this workaround give a hint as to what is needed to get things to work?

Nov 27, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #3,987 of 4,108
OK I realize very few people are frequenting this thread. But for those who are, I was wondering if Tidal was ever made to work with external SD cards for downloads or if the unit remains limited to the internal memory. Tidal is running a cheap trial and I thought it might be fun to fiddle with it. I never could get the Amazon HD app to run on the unit so Tidal is probably the best bet. Thanks for the info.

Dec 2, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #3,989 of 4,108
Just as a follow up. For $2.00 I couldn't resist doing a Tidal trial. I listened to a redbook of Procol Harum Live with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra and it sounded very good. But I will be limited to about 25gb of downloads so I am unlikely to renew the trial.

I am pretty enthusiastic about Amazon HD but it appears that it is unlikely to ever run on this unit. Such a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back