Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Feb 27, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #1,621 of 4,108
So booting into the boot loader and doing a factory reset and cache wipe, I can finally go through the initialization process. So sd cards are detected and I can play music. However while my synology and plex servers are seen, as soon as I try to access any files, 'the cayin audio has stopped' error is shown and the device crashes. Has anybody experienced a similar problem in accessing music on their network and is there anything I can try. The network feature was a key factor in choosing this dap. Thanks.

My N5 ii did this lock up immediately out of the box, won't get past the original 2 set up screens, when i tried to boot into the bootloader, I just get a black screen with a white dot indicating the power is on. Does the bootloader screen take a while to show up?

Feb 27, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #1,622 of 4,108
It gets pretty wierd when you have a hundred over songs in an album

Eg:
~

And so forth.The number 1 isn't in sight until

It would be great to see it change to a more logical one.

The easiest way to solve this is to use a program to rename files.
I suggest you to use Mp3Tag: is a free software to manage tag for many audio formats and can also rename files from tags.
For example you can rename al files selected (hundreds?) with this command:
$num(%track%,3) - %title%
and with few clicks all problems are gone...

Feb 27, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #1,623 of 4,108
Having owned Xduoo devices which also used this type of odd sorting system, there is a workaround for this this problem. Simply add a 0 to the front of the numbers 1 to 9.
It works for numbers up to 99.

If you have over a hundred songs in a folder like mine it's a lot more tedious since instead of renaming 9 I'll have to rename 99.

The easiest way to solve this is to use a program to rename files.
I suggest you to use Mp3Tag: is a free software to manage tag for many audio formats and can also rename files from tags.
For example you can rename al files selected (hundreds?) with this command:
$num(%track%,3) - %title%
and with few clicks all problems are gone...
That's much faster than my traditional way, thanks

Feb 28, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #1,625 of 4,108
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 28, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #1,626 of 4,108
Feb 28, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #1,627 of 4,108
Nice to see you again Andy :)

I was around, reading every post in this thread, and discuss with Silvia (Cayin Support) on the questions (and complaints) we have to respond to. I think Silvia is doing a very good job so far, so I am taking a back seat for the moment. :grin:

As I have mentioned previously, this is my travelling season, I have to handle CanJam NYC and Singapore, AXPONA and Munich High End Audio show in these few months, the preparation work as well as the frequent travelling pattern makes me "unreliable" if I continue my customer liaison role as before. In fact, I had similar pattern back in 2016 and end up I had lost tracked on a lot of issues while I was travelling, learn a hard lesson and hopefully we are in much better shape this year.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 28, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #1,628 of 4,108
I was around, reading every post in this thread, and discuss with Silvia (Cayin Support) on the questions (and complaints) we have to respond to. I think Silvia is doing a very good job so far, so I am taking a back seat for the moment. :grin:

As I have mentioned previously, this is my travelling season, I have to handle CanJam NYC and Singapore, AXPONA and Munich High End Audio show in these few months, the preparation work as well as the frequent travelling pattern makes me "unreliable" if I continue my customer liaison role as before. In fact, I had similar pattern back in 2016 and end up I had lost tracked on a lot of issues while I was travelling, learn a hard lesson and hopefully we are in much better shape this year.
Safe travels Andy :)

Don't forget to enjoy yourself

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #1,629 of 4,108

I wish I knew a lot of people as "unreliable" as you :ksc75smile: Looking forward to finally meeting you in Munich in May!

Mar 1, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #1,630 of 4,108
Still keeping my eyes on this one and more than likely will pick up when a little more stable...i have just bought an n3 to stack with mojo and loving the hiby link means I haven't got to deal with stack and fiddling with controls, I was wondering if there's any plans to have hiby link on the n5ii , it would be great to have a transport with 2 memory slots.

Mar 1, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #1,631 of 4,108
Still keeping my eyes on this one and more than likely will pick up when a little more stable...i have just bought an n3 to stack with mojo and loving the hiby link means I haven't got to deal with stack and fiddling with controls, I was wondering if there's any plans to have hiby link on the n5ii , it would be great to have a transport with 2 memory slots.
I sold my Mojo. I like the sound of the N5ii more than the Mojo. More space, more definition. Mojo has more power but not the air and extended treble.

Mar 1, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #1,633 of 4,108
I sold my Mojo. I like the sound of the N5ii more than the Mojo. More space, more definition. Mojo has more power but not the air and extended treble.
I was actually surprised that the N5ii sounds better than the Mojo given how highly praised the Mojo is. I considered getting the mojo+poly for a while until I heard the N5ii.

Mar 1, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #1,634 of 4,108
I was actually surprised that the N5ii sounds better than the Mojo given how highly praised the Mojo is. I considered getting the mojo+poly for a while until I heard the N5ii.
I agree the Mojo is praised, but I have two closed planars (OPPO PM-3 and MrSpeakers AEON) and the Mojo has a small soundstage and not the sparkling treble from the N5ii. So with those cans the match with the N5ii is better in my opinion.

Mar 1, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #1,635 of 4,108

Without going on anout the mojo too much ,I think the mojo is very transport and connection dependent i.e optical, micro usb or coax .I have tried various combos ...hated it from my galaxy phone with micro usb, pretty good with opus1 and optical and also good with laptop usb to micro usb, hated it with a fiio x7 and otg usb...but awesome with the cayin n3 and coax much more defined and airy.
Anyway looking forward to hearing the n5ii though if it's getting that good recognition, all im waiting on is a few less bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back