Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Feb 25, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #1,592 of 4,108
IMG_20180225_215615.jpg
@Andykong help

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #1,597 of 4,108
I got this once. It was solved switching off the screen and switching it on again. That doesn't work for you?
Reboot+clear cache solves everything

Feb 26, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #1,600 of 4,108
3.1en seems to be more buggy than 2.1 for me. Freezes, song skipping, songs stopping, sudden volume drops. Got it all atm!
Hope they can solve this, im not too fussy most of the bugs dont bother me but some the the mentioned ones are quite present and invasive

Feb 26, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #1,601 of 4,108
I know that this question was asked before, but with no clear answer...
If all goes well, next week I should receive the DAP. I have two 128GB microSD cards. With which filesystems do you recommend formatting the two memory cards to have less problems with the player?

Feb 26, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #1,602 of 4,108
If all goes well, next week I should receive the DAP. I have two 128GB microSD cards. With which filesystems do you recommend formatting the two memory cards to have less problems with the player?
I have 2x Sandisk 200GB formatted in exFAT without any problems.

Feb 26, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #1,603 of 4,108
3.1en seems to be more buggy than 2.1 for me. Freezes, song skipping, songs stopping, sudden volume drops. Got it all atm!
Hope they can solve this, im not too fussy most of the bugs dont bother me but some the the mentioned ones are quite present and invasive

I realy want to click buy on this player and planned on purchasing today, but with the reported bugs im hesitant at the moment.
I think I'm going to give it another month see how this evolves.
Will be following very closely as it ticks most of my boxes and my needs.

I was wondering if the n5ii is getting hiby link? Thought I read it but have been looking at n3 as transport for mojo as well so could of got it mixed up.

Feb 26, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #1,604 of 4,108

Just format them in the DAP mif you want to be absolutely sure, otherwise FAT32 is supposed to be the most compatible

Feb 26, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #1,605 of 4,108
I realy want to click buy on this player and planned on purchasing today, but with the reported bugs im hesitant at the moment.
I think I'm going to give it another month see how this evolves.
Will be following very closely as it ticks most of my boxes and my needs.

I was wondering if the n5ii is getting hiby link? Thought I read it but have been looking at n3 as transport for mojo as well so could of got it mixed up.
Just to put it out there, I love this player, i had the issues tgat people said about on the last firmware and didnt find it an issue at all. Even this firmware its not all the time problems. But a few times its been a bit invasive.

I have no doubts that Cayin will iron out the issues so dont worry if you think your buying a problem player. Its not, just a biit of ironing out.

As for the player its fantastic. No technical opinion. I just love what it does, its power, sound, i find the UI simple and intuitive. No its not smart phone level but i never expected it to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back