Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Jan 17, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #1,007 of 4,108
wait.. i dont see system settings. just music scan. music settings. eq. third party apps. smart cleaning. download path. download manager. sleep time. scheduled power off. and about.

am i missing something? im on 2.1EN

I just get help from my Engineer, Under Storage menu of System Setting, you can unmount your TF card. Please refer to the following screen:

Jan 17, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #1,008 of 4,108
I think the problem happens when your computer is accessing TWO TF cards concurrently. You assumed Card 1 is fulled and therefore switch to Card 2, so there shouldn't be any activities with Card 2, but that might not be the case, for some unknown reason (to me), Microsoft will not release the card 1 even after the disk operation is completed. I suppose we all have experienced that when we try to rename a file or something, Microsoft refused your request by saying the file is occupied by other application. You checked Task Manager and there is nothing going on, but you just can't do anything about it when Windows hold on the file for some reason.

9 hours for 6 gigs worth of music is very slow, but let it copy for 2-3 minutes first, the estimation might change a lot after that.

left it for 20 minutes. didnt improve so i switched to card reader. i also tried ejecting (from windows) the other card... still slow. it bottoms out at 350 - 360 kpbs on both my machines BTW.

Jan 17, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #1,009 of 4,108
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 17, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #1,011 of 4,108
Hi. Does anyone else notice the VU meters may occasionally stop responding?

On my N5ii, this happens randomly: sometimes during song playback, others when songs switch tracks.
Support says they have not seen this behavior before.

I wonder if I should exchange my player for another? I'm concerned this may indicate a more serious problem not yet discovered.

I have re-installed the latest firmware and cleared cache.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Charlie

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #1,012 of 4,108
Thank you very much for your support to N5ii, Glad you like it and has a fairly positive experience so far.

You have mentioned "It has it flaws as once it plays music like faster than it should", I am not sure what exactly is the problem and how to resolve this for you. Do you mean the "pace" of playback is not correct? A 3 minute song will finished in 2min 50 sec when playback by N5ii? If this is what you have experienced, can you tell me more detail about the music files that you are using? Format (WAV, FLAC, ....), Bit rate, sampling frequency (e.g., 24bit/96kHz). etc.

If you are not familiar with the technical detail of your music file, maybe you can take a photo of the music property page in N5ii, just select the music file that play faster then normal and following the following steps to display music property:

Hello Andy,
Test exactly like you say. Song was played like on fast forward, I’ve added YT video.

This song is standard 16/44.1 CD ALAC.

Once I had lsong of imbalance like the stage was shifted to the right in the midrange. Happened once so take it easy. I test it daily in my car through coax.

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #1,013 of 4,108
Hi @Andykong,

I'm having issue with scanning music on 2 TF cards, 1 card worked fine, but today when I introduced the second card, app abruptly stops scanning. Attached relevant video below.

Also, eagerly awaiting the USB-C Otg Audio issue to be resolved to stack with mojo.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #1,015 of 4,108
Hi, it is indeed very strange. May I know what is your SD card format? Do you have another SD card to have a try? What is the current firmware of your N5ii? I just tried to reproduce the two issues you met, but definitely I failed. My N5ii didn't have any interrupts in playback when I pressed power button or scrolled through library. When I pressed previous/Next/Pause buttons, my N5ii will go to previous/ next songs andstop playback, behaving pretty normal. The SD card I used is TOSHIBA 64GB with FAT32 format.. Besides, How many songs in your playlist? mine has 10-15 songs and my N5ii with shuffle mode never want back to what was play first.

Mine are 2 high speed cards, one is a Lexar 256, other sansa 128, both fat32. They've worked so far with at least 4 daps before that, my guess is the n5ii not able to easily access at all times the big files, all flacs, a lot if it high res plus some dsd, so it just stops, repeats or gives up often, tho its liveable i was hoping it would be better after 2.1 but it is same still.
I have a new one today, as player resumes from off and it starts playing automatically, it picks a random song that wasn't the last one played, then it crashes etc..

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #1,016 of 4,108
Can't speak for other brands, but Cayin and HiBy works together without any problem right now, we share our product development plan with each other (and to minimize competition), and we welcome HiBy's move. You can look at it from another perceptive: now that HiBy is in front line dealing with all sorts of problems related to DAP business, not just system software, they will learn a lot after they interact with users directly, improve their hardware and software continuously. Cayin certainly will be benefited by the improvement one way or the others, so we are optimistic that this will be a win-win arrangement eventually.
There’s a lot to be said for eating your own dog food. This should make Hiby a lot more responsive to your customer complaints. I’m backing the R6, so I certainly hope so!

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #1,017 of 4,108

I spent much of today and yesterday enjoying the Meze 99 Classics out of Cayin's balanced port. Such a supremely clean and rich sound. It's a real treat to my ears.
How does N5ii compare to Opus#2 & iBasso DX200 (I know these two are high tier babies, but just curious how high the reach of N5ii is)? Thanks!

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #1,018 of 4,108
Mine are 2 high speed cards, one is a Lexar 256, other sansa 128, both fat32. They've worked so far with at least 4 daps before that, my guess is the n5ii not able to easily access at all times the big files, all flacs, a lot if it high res plus some dsd, so it just stops, repeats or gives up often, tho its liveable i was hoping it would be better after 2.1 but it is same still.
I have a new one today, as player resumes from off and it starts playing automatically, it picks a random song that wasn't the last one played, then it crashes etc..
Is your new player N5ii? what kind of files you were playing when it crashed? Did you get any error massage?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 18, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #1,019 of 4,108
I am curious of those who have heard the N5ii and the N3. Has anyone listened critically to both players with the same headphones and the same music files. Is there an appreciable difference in sound quality?(presuming you use the unbalanced out on the N5ii) Thanks.
There is indeed. In my oppinion n5ii is all around better (resolution, imaging, handling...)

Jan 18, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #1,020 of 4,108
Is your new player N5ii? what kind of files you were playing when it crashed? Did you get any error massage?
Yes, new, updated, files are flacs both 16 and 24 plus dsd, if it crashes it says player has stopped.
I have done factory reset 2 times by now when there's no way to stop it saying..player has stopped in a loop

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back