Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Jan 16, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #976 of 4,108
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 16, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #977 of 4,108
Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #978 of 4,108
is there a trick to make transfers to the SD card while in the DAP faster? On one of my windows machines its just at 350 kbps. Hell slow! This machine doesnt have a card reader so i would have to move files first from this one to another one just to load music.

Any ideas?

Jan 16, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #979 of 4,108
Jan 16, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #981 of 4,108
is there a trick to make transfers to the SD card while in the DAP faster? On one of my windows machines its just at 350 kbps. Hell slow! This machine doesnt have a card reader so i would have to move files first from this one to another one just to load music.

Any ideas?

That's one of the reasons I asked if anyone has tried transferring music from a USB otg flash drive yet, even if it is still slow you can do it on the go after you have left the house.
https://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-connector-Android-Devices-SDDD2-064G-G46/dp/B00RBGYGPG

Jan 16, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #982 of 4,108
Hello @Andykong,

First off, my compliments to Cayin for the N5ii. I'm a neophyte to the whole audiophile scene and this is my first real DAP (coming from a Rockboxed iPod classic). It's truly exceptional without breaking the bank, and that deserves a round of applause.

My only question is whether or not you've noticed any sensitivity with the DAP pausing itself randomly with certain IEMs? Granted i'm using some low tier KZ-ATEs, but it'll pause if the jack isn't oriented in the right position and I move sometimes. It happens periodically, but only with those it seems. Maybe I just need to invest in some good IEMs, but I just figured i'd ask.

Aside from that though, i'm in love. For my first DAP, this is everything i've wanted and more. Cayin just got a new devotee, very well done.

Jan 16, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #983 of 4,108
Am i the only one experiencing card reading issues?
Every press of a button or scroll through library interrupts playback for seconds at a time till it finds it, its like having a slow pc trying to access data.
Shuffle is an issue, most times it would give up and go back to what was played first.
Very annoying, i must say, hope it will be addressed, but nevertheless this is my favourite dap by far..

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #984 of 4,108
Hi all
My first post here. I follow this thread since I’ve ordered the dap.
Owned it for 2or 3 weeks now. I must report I don not have some of the mentioned issues here.
Charging is fine, using Apple iPad charger 3.5 hrs time. Scanning very quick, two cards total storage 256 plus dap internal memory.
Using Mac 2.0 usb uploading took time but that’s down to port speed limit. 3.0 should be faster.
I had iBasso dx80 prior which I liked but it did not wired well in the car connected to my dsp. N5ii works flawlessly most of the time through coax cable. It has it flaws as once it plays music like faster than it should. Usb audio out as mentioned here does not work as it should, but coax is better anyway.
Also when dap was shut down once started and connected it will play last song for few seconds and that’s on coax and 3.5.
Other than above it’s a great unit.
Using it at home with monolith m1060 planar and can not complain about lack of power and i listen on mid gain as hi gain seems to bring noise.
Thanks

Jan 16, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #985 of 4,108
I am curious of those who have heard the N5ii and the N3. Has anyone listened critically to both players with the same headphones and the same music files. Is there an appreciable difference in sound quality?(presuming you use the unbalanced out on the N5ii) Thanks.

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #989 of 4,108
Am i the only one experiencing card reading issues?
Every press of a button or scroll through library interrupts playback for seconds at a time till it finds it, its like having a slow pc trying to access data.
Shuffle is an issue, most times it would give up and go back to what was played first.
Very annoying, i must say, hope it will be addressed, but nevertheless this is my favourite dap by far..

Hi, it is indeed very strange. May I know what is your SD card format? Do you have another SD card to have a try? What is the current firmware of your N5ii? I just tried to reproduce the two issues you met, but definitely I failed. My N5ii didn't have any interrupts in playback when I pressed power button or scrolled through library. When I pressed previous/Next/Pause buttons, my N5ii will go to previous/ next songs andstop playback, behaving pretty normal. The SD card I used is TOSHIBA 64GB with FAT32 format.. Besides, How many songs in your playlist? mine has 10-15 songs and my N5ii with shuffle mode never want back to what was play first.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back