Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Dec 27, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #571 of 4,108
Sorry I haven't been very active the last few days. Been sick since Christmas Eve. Hopefully I'll be up to more Cayin N5II stuff soon.

Dec 27, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #572 of 4,108
I was able to install the new firmware very easily using the manual internal storage method, and the interface is much faster, thanks! I can also report when using my iphone as a source (with the new lightning adapter that splits power and data) and the Cayin as a DAC/headamp in DAC mode, I'm getting static with the music. I tested it with headphones through the 3.5mm HO. Is this normal until a future firmware update, or is it something to do with my setup?

Did you try the dac mode even without the split adapter?

The source of the static could come from the adapter.

Dec 27, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #573 of 4,108
Did you try the dac mode even without the split adapter?

The source of the static could come from the adapter.

you are correct, i tried it with the iphone (with adapter) plugged into a different outlet and no more static, so it may have been coming from the powerstrip or some other interference. thanks!
By the way - if anyone has questions about this player, i can do my best to answer or test some feature.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #575 of 4,108
you are correct, i tried it with the iphone (with adapter) plugged into a different outlet and no more static, so it may have been coming from the powerstrip or some other interference. thanks!
By the way - if anyone has questions about this player, i can do my best to answer or test some feature.

Great,
I read on amazon and few other website about complaining of static using a power splitter with your iPhone.

I would not trust these adapters while listening to music.

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #576 of 4,108
Not exactly related but possibly related. I was charging an ipad on a plane while playing a movie, and got static in my FLC8S. Unplugged the charger, and no more static.

So yes, static can be passed through adapters and chargers in some instances is my conclusion.

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #577 of 4,108
Not exactly related but possibly related. I was charging an ipad on a plane while playing a movie, and got static in my FLC8S. Unplugged the charger, and no more static.

So yes, static can be passed through adapters and chargers in some instances is my conclusion.

You might wonder why Apple didn't come out with such splitter, especially after removing the 3.5mm jack.

At work I use a pioneer rayz with my iPhone, I can charge the phone and use the earbuds, I didn't experienced any static noise.
https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Rayz...8&qid=1514428604&sr=8-1&keywords=pioneer+rayz

Dec 27, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #578 of 4,108
The 'splitter' I'm using is from apple - it's their lightning to usb3 camera adapter. And it worked on a different outlet, so I don't think the adapter was the problem this time. I had been using the adapter with my phone to feed my desktop dac through usb and it worked great. But now that I have the cayin, I don't need my phone to stream and I'm just using the coax output on the cayin to my dac. One of the ways I justified the purchase :).

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #579 of 4,108
I don't recall we have App Store pre-installed in CN version firmware, I'll check that out for you.

The QQ Music are quite popular and a lot of N5ii users in China has installed this app and it is working fairly stable. The situation is, if N5ii cannot work with QQ Music in China, it'll be like claiming N5ii support streaming but Spotify will crash frequently - we'll run into serious trouble in no time.

However I am not sure if the app is fully functional outside China. Plesae be remind that some streaming app are operated within certain geographic area only because their music license are not global based.

I think I should update to v2.1en first and observe again, because there are bugs in v1.1en (physical buttons play, forward, rewind don't response all the time). Those apps I mentioned works very stable on my smart phone (Oneplus 3T).
And also sir, is the "schedule power off" option in the drop down and swipe right menu the same? And what is the last option below the screen brightness on the drop down menu?:slight_smile:

Dec 28, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #582 of 4,108
Question guys.. been using my N5ii and absolutely loving it. I noticed that there are different skins for the player. I noticed that sometimes these skins show up as daylight themes (light/bright) and other times they are blue (night/dark theme?). I haven't been able to figure out how to toggle between the day/night modes on the skins. Anyone been able to figure this out?

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #583 of 4,108
Has someone else experienced problems with the 2.5mm jack? @Andykong, were you able to check this with your team? AMP3 has a good deal, and they expect restocking in 5th Jan.

Did you upgrade to the recent v2.1EN firmware already? We have rectified the following bug in this updated firmware:

Bug fix: random pause/suspend during playback (most likely happened in 2.5mm headphone output)

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...tal-audio-player.862763/page-36#post-13934542

I am not sure what exactly are the problem with 2.5mm jack you have mentioned, but please upgrade to the lastest v2.1EN firmware and test again. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 28, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #584 of 4,108
Question guys.. been using my N5ii and absolutely loving it. I noticed that there are different skins for the player. I noticed that sometimes these skins show up as daylight themes (light/bright) and other times they are blue (night/dark theme?). I haven't been able to figure out how to toggle between the day/night modes on the skins. Anyone been able to figure this out?

Are you referring to this one:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cay...ital-audio-player.862763/page-9#post-13852044

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #585 of 4,108
Sorry I haven't been very active the last few days. Been sick since Christmas Eve. Hopefully I'll be up to more Cayin N5II stuff soon.

My friend, that's the worst time to get sick, so what happened to all the parties you have been looking forwards to? :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back