Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Dec 28, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #586 of 4,108
@Andykong great improvement in system performance. I want to report a bug. Playing stops when the power button is pressed to turn the screen off. When I try to resume, the song is not available and has to be found and played from scratch.

:astonished::astonished: Does this happens randomly? or it behaves like that all the time?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 28, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #587 of 4,108
I think I should update to v2.1en first and observe again, because there are bugs in v1.1en (physical buttons play, forward, rewind don't response all the time). Those apps I mentioned works very stable on my smart phone (Oneplus 3T).
And also sir, is the "schedule power off" option in the drop down and swipe right menu the same? And what is the last option below the screen brightness on the drop down menu?:slight_smile:

If you can confirmed that those app work stably with your mobile, then it's worth to give v2.1EN a try.

yes, the schedule power off are the same in both menu. For the record, the first "layer" of pull down menu is our Notification Center, and the swipe right menu is our Application menu. :beerchug:

The last option below the screen brightness on the Notification Center is backlight time, slight it to the right, the screen will stay on longer before it turn off itself.

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #588 of 4,108
My friend, that's the worst time to get sick, so what happened to all the parties you have been looking forwards to? :grin:

They transformed into me bundled up, watching TV alone. :thermometer_face::mask:

Dec 28, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #589 of 4,108

Dec 28, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #591 of 4,108
Ok i think im done with this dap. I couldn't charge this replacement. I turned it on and it showed 2% battery. When i plugged to charger, it went down to 0%. Over an hour now but still 0%.
I used samsung s8 charger and anker power bank but still.

20171228_133715.jpg

20171228_133735.jpg

Dec 28, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #593 of 4,108
Ok i think im done with this dap. I couldn't charge this replacement. I turned it on and it showed 2% battery. When i plugged to charger, it went down to 0%. Over an hour now but still 0%.
I used samsung s8 charger and anker power bank but still.

Damn that sucks. Let us know if you get it working. That is a long wait time to get your replacement back and it is bust.

Dec 28, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #596 of 4,108
Hung... try powering it on and then charging it.

Also, use the included USB cable... just in case.

-edit: ahh, looks like it is powered on.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #597 of 4,108
Hung... try powering it on and then charging it.

Also, use the included USB cable... just in case.

-edit: ahh, looks like it is powered on.
I started charging around 12pm but now still 0%
20171228_161334.jpg

Charger, powerbank, cables i used to charge this N5ii, they worked with the old unit i had.
I tried with power on and power off but same.
I just unplugged my cable to change to stock cable, and N5ii is turned off cus no battery. So i charged around 4 hours for nothing.
Im charging with stock cable right now and will be back in an hour to let you know it works or not.

Dec 28, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #598 of 4,108
Yeah, I ask, because my beta unit with one of the firmwares, seemed to NEVER charge unless the unit was powered on. Hell, the same is true for my Opus#2. I don't understand why.

It's good that you're trying with a better cable now. I hope that works. The one I saw in your photos looked fairly cheap. And while it may have worked before, all it takes is a slight break at a solder joint for it not to work any more. And that is something that happens often with cheaper cables.

Dec 28, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #599 of 4,108
The black cable is samsung s8+ stock, this one maybe cheap. But the red one is Anker powerline+ cable, its not cheap lolz.
Well i changed to stock cable, took off case and sd card, let see it works or not.
First thing i saw is that battery jumped from 2% to 0% again lolz.
Its charging with power on right now.

Dec 28, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #600 of 4,108
The black cable is samsung s8+ stock, this one maybe cheap. But the red one is Anker powerline+ cable, its not cheap lolz.
Well i changed to stock cable, took off case and sd card, let see it works or not.
First thing i saw is that battery jumped from 2% to 0% again lolz.
Its charging with power on right now.

Not a good sign, I agree.

When mine arrived, it still had 77% battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back