Cayin N5ii Android based Master Quality Digital Audio Player
Sep 21, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #3,933 of 4,108
Well, Amazon seems to indicate that the app should be sourced from their store which is, I think, called the Amazon underground. My suggestion is to try downloading the app from there and see if that improves matters. I have tended to sideload apps but in this case I think I may actually stick to the suggested source. When I get around to it....

Sep 21, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #3,934 of 4,108
Well, Amazon seems to indicate that the app should be sourced from their store which is, I think, called the Amazon underground. My suggestion is to try downloading the app from there and see if that improves matters. I have tended to sideload apps but in this case I think I may actually stick to the suggested source. When I get around to it....
Hey, great idea... never thought of that one..I’ll try as well when I can find time. Thanks for tip to try...

Sep 23, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #3,935 of 4,108
Wow. It works like a charm in the DP-X1. I don't understand. I tried downloading the apk version of the Amazon Music app also, with the same results.

The DP-X1 is a mobile phone with DAP capability. The N5ii and N5iiS is a DAP with a heavily customized Android 5.1. So from third party application s compatibility point of view, the DP-X1 is indeed superior over N5ii and N5iiS.

Andy - is Cayin looking into the Amazon HD issue?
Thanks

Can someone check out the Application Permission required by Amazon HD? Does it require access to any phone or SMS features in Android System?

I didn't want to offer any false hope to our users, we didn't intend to perform any system customisation or optimisation because of a new streaming app coming up almost 20/15 months after we launched our N5ii/N5iiS player, but we'll use our experience and expertise to help our users getting the best utilisation from our products.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 23, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #3,936 of 4,108
Andy,

I don't think you need to make a promise to support Amazon HD; I would agree that this came along well before the product came out. But it sure would be a nice goodwill gesture given the rather long delay between product launch and usability finally achieved with the last firmware revision.

Sep 24, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #3,937 of 4,108
USB Audio Player Pro:
Had anybody used this for Tidal? Does it help the sound quality. I find Tidal doesn't sound as good same tracks I have on my device - MQA or CD quality compared to a CD quality FLAC or high res FLAC. Does Tidal resample? Look like USB AUDIO PLAYER bypasses Android.
Thanks

Sep 30, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #3,938 of 4,108
Hi,

I would like to ask Cayin. I owned Cayin N5ii and my 1 year guarantee period ended. Yesterday, 2.5mm jack loose just happened, so I think I want to change the jack to CUI brand like N5iis with local shop audio repair man (in Thailand). So I would like to ask what kind of CUI connector model should I buy from the picture (A,B,C or D)

Best regard,
2_5Jack2.png

2_5Jack.png

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #3,939 of 4,108
Sorry, why cant my N5ii show "music not supported" but it is just a dsf file which it is supposed to play? my file is a DSD 256 1 bit 11.2Mega herts but it just shows error although i thought it is supposed to be able to play?

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #3,940 of 4,108
Yes, there were a volume control bug in the early version firmware. The volume bug was a random issue, not everyone is having it, it just happened on some player under certain condition, we have corrected the problem already. Maybe the demo unit had not been updated its firmware for a long time, I guess update the firmware to latest version should solve the problem.

My first N5IIS had no volume increase bug but became unchargable after two months of use. Local dealer kindly replaced it. The second one has the bug. Sometimes volume increases right after the device powering up and loading (firmware ver. 1.7en.)

There is yet another bug. When the device stops playing a last track in the playlist it does not light up the screen by pressing the on/off button. You have to press the play/pause button again to resume playing the track and only then pressing the on/off button lights up the screen.
This is annoying.

Oct 3, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #3,941 of 4,108
Hi Andy,

I have been listening to the Cayin N5II for several months but for a few days I have a problem, the screen does not turn on anymore.
I still have the little white light above the screen, that's all.
I tried to stay 10 seondes to make a reset but that did not give anything either ...
I do not know what to do, could I have some help, I thank you
Same problem here with N5IIS. Had it replaced by local dealer.

Oct 5, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #3,942 of 4,108
I am currently on a trial usage for Amazon HD. I gather that it is not supported on the N5II. So I decided to use the N5II as a DAC from my iphone.

I have successfully used both the Shanling M2S and M0 as DACs for Amazon HD using the latest powered generation of Apple Camera Connecting Kit. With the exact same setup, with the N5II in DAC mode; I get very bad static noise. I don't get those noises with the other two units.

Anybody experimented with using the N5II as an iphone DAC? Is there some kind of workaround? I do wonder if this behavior is tied in with the inability of the unit to act as a source via USB for the Chord Mojo etc.

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #3,945 of 4,108
This unit is the poor little lost engine that almost made it up the hill. I think I can I think I can..

The N5iiS and N5ii work best as standalone players, IMO. Great SQ, build, storage capacity; but if you need WIfi/streaming features or DAC look elsewhere. Neither seems finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back